Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Fake Mtn Promotions - Beware Of Bad Guys - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Fake Mtn Promotions - Beware Of Bad Guys (1132 Views)

Develop Computer Skills Or Forfeit Your Promotions — FG Tells Workers / Oyo-Ita To Civil Servants: Develop Computer Skills Or Forfeit Promotions / Promotions For Police In Boko Haram State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Mtn Promotions - Beware Of Bad Guys by Badero(m): 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2007
Goodday everyone! Please I fall a victim to one guy who accidentally sent me a text message that I won N350,000:00 and he's a marketing personnel of MTN and directed me to send to him all the data in my sim pack. As he claimed to be a marketing personnel of MTN, without hesitation, I sent the information (PUK Number, Sim Number, Kit Number etc.) At last, he demanded for N3,000:00 Recharge card to activate N350,000:00 won by me. From there, I suspected the guy is a 419 so I refused to send the recharge card. I noticed that as from that day, I was barred from sending text messages or making calls which I believed this guy in question must have used my SIM information to block my line. Please, I need an urgent assistant from anyone that could bail me out of this problem as I can no longer make call and do not want to loose this line. What can I do?

To avoid falling a victim please., the guy number is : 07031194750. Beware !!!
Re: Fake Mtn Promotions - Beware Of Bad Guys by kabifarm(m): 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2007
This is the message i got from a purported 0803 "Copratulation U have won N1illion Naira, Ur code is 1835Z Please call MTN Staff NIYI 07039260289 NowFor Your bank Wire Transfer Details. MTN MOVING YOU AHEAD"

I knew it was a 419 text cos

1. Mtn do not send text rather they will call u if u win anything

2. The number of the Niyi guy is not an Mtn staff number
Re: Fake Mtn Promotions - Beware Of Bad Guys by Badero(m): 9:46am On Oct 04, 2007
Thanks brother! I really appreciate your further information. However, I have tried all ways to correct the error on my phone (blockage) so that I can be able to call & send text messages, all to no avail. All I can do with my phone now is only to receive calls & text messages which is very unusual. I look forward to receive a lasting solution from anyone that can be of help.

Thanks
Re: Fake Mtn Promotions - Beware Of Bad Guys by 2dye4(m): 10:44am On Oct 04, 2007
Badero:

Thanks brother! I really appreciate your further information. However, I have tried all ways to correct the error on my phone (blockage) so that I can be able to call & send text messages, all to no avail. All I can do with my phone now is only to receive calls & text messages which is very unusual. I look forward to receive a lasting solution from anyone that can be of help.

Thanks

go to any mtn friendship centre or call 180, period!
Re: Fake Mtn Promotions - Beware Of Bad Guys by Oluchia(f): 10:46am On Oct 05, 2007
This is really a difficult situation. The fact that you gave the guy all those information about your SIM made it easy for him to tamper with your line and will make it difficult for you to convice anybody in customer care otherwise. I will suggest you go to any MTN friendship center nearest to you with your SIM pack and Certificate as proof of ownership of the line and the supposed text message from MTN ie if you have not deleted it, I'm sure they'll take it from there. Goodluck.

(1) (Reply)

Live A Balanced Life / Vacancies At Bicommunications Nigeria Limited / It-enable Your Career To Success. Learn How

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.