Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:42 AM

Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) (4740 Views)

The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) / Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State / Yoruba Community In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by aljharem3: 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2011
Andre Uweh:

At the moment, the Obi and Ugbodu people are Igbo.
The progenitor of the Yorubas-Oduduwa came from the middle east, but today Yorubas are not Arabs. Isn't it?.
@Ah Harem.

Nwanne Andre, you are the one talking like this. Of course I am not trying to claim. This Might be the missing connection between the yoruba and igbo.

About Oduduwa migrating from the middle east, That is bullshiiiit. Oduduwa probably came from somewhere propbable a neighbouring kingdom not the middle-east.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by aljharem3: 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2011
mbatuku2:

What do you know about Nri Igbos? I'm sure you are not aware of the westward movement of the proto-Igbo groups during their expansion in the first millenium. Anyway, you are just as clueless as ever. I dont know why a half-wit turns himself into an expert in Igbo affairs.

so Igbos moved westward. Point taken.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by aljharem3: 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2011
Chyz*:

Stop trying to make sense out of nonsense. Your write up is rubbish.

About your jaja oo opobo example, haha! The same goes for yorubas. How do you know you are not all Igbos unless there is documentation handed to you by the hospital? this question is for the once not born in the bush.

Write up is rubbish because someone said yoruba community in delta state ?

What a shame.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by jason123: 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2011
Chyz*:

Where did he say he is yoruba? I'm still waiting.

He does not need to say it. Its called an implicit message. But one thing is certain, they are not Igbos and are trying their best to preserve their Olukumi-Owo culture. Olukumi means nothing in Igbo but means my friend in Yoruba. Go figure.

The day a sovereign national conference happen in Nigeria (a honest one), that will be the day people will know the truth.

I'm done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by jason123: 9:27pm On Dec 19, 2011
alj_harem:

Write up is rubbish because someone said yoruba community in delta state ?

What a shame.

That's the thing! Isn't it sad?

1 Like

Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by AndreUweh(m): 9:27pm On Dec 19, 2011
alj_harem:

since you know that, don't you think that if you hate a yoruba person, don't you think you are only hating your half brother ?

How would you know his mother is not igbo or father igbo ?

We can extend this to the olden days when cultures were not defined yet

Take a look at Jaja of Opobo, if not for documentation, would you know he was igbo in an ijaw settlement ?

Documentation aside, the people of Opobo has maintained cultural and lineage relationship with the people of Amaigbo for over 120 years now. I learnt that until recently, the people of Amaigbo-Jaja's original home in Orlu division do not intermarry with the people of Opobo because they are same.
Delegates from Opobo are always present whenever an Eze is crowned in Amaigbo.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by aljharem3: 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Documentation aside, the people of Opobo has maintained cultural and lineage relationship with the people of Amaigbo for over 120 years now. I learnt that until recently, the people of Amaigbo-Jaja's original home in Orlu division do not intermarry with the people of Opobo because they are same.
Delegates from Opobo are always present whenever an Eze is crowned in Amaigbo.

Good to know.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by Chyz2: 9:35pm On Dec 19, 2011
jason123:

He does not need to say it. Its called an implicit message. But one thing is certain, they are not Igbos and are trying their best to preserve their Olukumi-Owo culture. Olukumi means nothing in Igbo but means my friend in Yoruba. Go figure.

The day a sovereign national conference happen in Nigeria (a honest one), that will be the day people will know the truth.

I'm done.

You are funny. Win ondo call themselves olukumi? Who told you that that name was not given to them? lol. They are also called oluku mu. Since you now know how to speak Igbo tell me what that means?

They are Igbos,period. They are in Igboland as well. Thank you.

And yes, the Obi never said he is yoruba.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by lagcity(m): 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2011
Abagworo:

I was the 1st to post this story. The truth is that the post civil war trauma has persisted and is still being fueled by non-Igbos. Many Yorubas have Igbo roots, Many Esans have Igbo roots, Many Igbos have Benin roots, many Urhobos have Igbo roots, most of the people called Ijaws in Rivers State have Igbo roots and still retain pure Igbo language as their only language.

All these claims I made above have oral and documented history. There is however a pattern when it comes to Igbo, there seems to be a movement to alienate some Igbos from others with a presumed reason of origin. No ethnic group can be pure.

shocked shocked Shango go kill u for dis statement. Olorun Ma je! for where? angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by aljharem3: 9:39pm On Dec 19, 2011
Chyz*:

You are funny. Win ondo call themselves olukumi? Who told you that that name was not given to them? lol. They are also called oluku mu. Since you now know how to speak Igbo tell me what that means?

How are they in Igboland ?

In fact why am I even posting to an angry bigot

If they change the "i" to "a" making it Oba, what are you going to do about it ? Kill the Olukumis ?

Kingship title does not matter, Oba is or less a bini word, Yoruba use mainly Ooni so clam down
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by aljharem3: 9:40pm On Dec 19, 2011
lagcity:

shocked shocked Shango go kill u for dis statement. Olorun Ma je! for where? angry angry angry

shango would not kill anyone.

Why can't yorubas have igbo blood ?
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by jason123: 9:42pm On Dec 19, 2011
Chyz*:

You are unserious. The Obi said where his people are from. Why are you saying they are Igbo (although the Igbos have greatly influenced their culture cool) when they are not? What Igbo land? Are you high? Well, whatever mehn. . . . undecided

1 Like

Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by lagcity(m): 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2011
Andre Uweh:

At the moment, the Obi and Ugbodu people are Igbo.
The progenitor of the Yorubas-Oduduwa came from the middle east, but today Yorubas are not Arabs. Isn't it?.
@Ah Harem.
stop yarning trash u don't know. Oduduwa came from wherever he came from and met Yorubas in Yorubaland. We have nothing in common with Arabs!
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by Chyz2: 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2011
jason123:

You are unserious. The Obi said where his people are from. Why are you saying they are Igbo (although the Igbos have greatly influenced their culture cool) when they are not? What Igbo land? Are you high? Well, whatever mehn. . . . undecided

Funny chap. What Igbo land? The igbo land that is in northern Osun state.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by Chyz2: 9:45pm On Dec 19, 2011
lagcity:

stop yarning trash u don't know. Oduduwa came from wherever he came from and met Yorubas in Yorubaland. We have nothing in common with Arabs!

Dude, that is what your people same.HE is from Arab land. So your are no longer Omo(child of) Oduduwa?
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by aljharem3: 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2011
Chyz*:

Funny chap. What Igbo land? The igbo land that is in northern Osun state.

If there is an Igbo dialect north of Osun, then tell us. It would be interesting to know about them. smiley
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by lagcity(m): 9:48pm On Dec 19, 2011
alj_harem:

How are they in Igboland ?

In fact why am I even posting to an angry bigot

If they change the "i" to "a" making it Oba, what are you going to do about it ? Kill the Olukumis ?

Kingship title does not matter, Oba is or less a bini word, Yoruba use mainly Ooni so clam down
Nope. There's only one Ooni in Yorubaland. Others are Obas.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by aljharem3: 9:50pm On Dec 19, 2011
lagcity:

Nope. There's only one Ooni in Yorubaland. Others are Obas.

Ooni sabe of sabe

Ooni Popo of Popo

Ooni ketu of Ketu

etc nko ? I guess Oba is used by both Bini and yorubas then
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by lagcity(m): 9:51pm On Dec 19, 2011
Chyz*:

Dude, that is what your people same.HE is from Arab land. So your are no longer Omo(child of) Oduduwa?
Yes, we are omo Oduduwa who was not an Arab grin.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by lagcity(m): 9:54pm On Dec 19, 2011
alj_harem:

Ooni sabe of sabe

Ooni Popo of Popo

Ooni ketu of Ketu

etc nko ? I guess Oba is used by both Bini and yorubas then

ah ah. Now I know that you are a Kanuri man. You haven't got Yoruba language down pat. Ooni is not the same thing as Oni, the latter means "owner."
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 19, 2011
lagcity:

Yes, we are omo Oduduwa who was not an Arab grin.

How can you be omo oduduwa when he came to meet you? Your people are really funny and confused at times.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by aljharem3: 10:01pm On Dec 19, 2011
mbatuku2:

How can you be omo oduduwa when he came to meet you? Your people are really funny and confused at times.

I don't think Oduduwa came from middle east as some historians would say.

the confusion started from people finding similarity between yoruba and arabic.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by AndreUweh(m): 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2011
mbatuku2:

That is it. Well done.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by lagcity(m): 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2011
mbatuku2:

You are an ibo, u can't understand becos u ppl think in literal terms. We can also decide to call ourselves Omo Awolowo or Omo Fela Kuti but that doesn't mean they are the first Yoruba to walk the planet, it has more to do with influence. duhh. undecided

1 Like

Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 19, 2011
lagcity:

You are an ibo, u can't understand becos u ppl think in literal terms. We can also decide to call ourselves Omo Awolowo or Omo Fela Kuti but that doesn't mean they are the first Yoruba to walk the planet, it has more to do with influence. duhh. undecided

You are so funny.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by lagcity(m): 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2011
^^^^
Thank You, Omo Ojukwu grin
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by AndreUweh(m): 10:31pm On Dec 19, 2011
alj_harem:

I don't think Oduduwa came from middle east as some historians would say.

the confusion started from people finding similarity between yoruba and arabic.
It is good to admit that there is confusion in Yoruba history of origin.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by tpia5: 10:37pm On Dec 19, 2011
Al harem

there is no missing link between yoruba and igbos.

Like i pointed out before, the itsekiri are a well known yoruboid tribe from the same state.

The origins of the lukumis have been explained times without number so there's no need to keep rehashing the story endlessly.

I've heard of yoruba speaking deltans ages ago- i just didnt consider it that big of a deal and neither do the people in question, to the best of my knowledge.

If anything at all,why not keep the topic on the other thread about it which you opened some time ago.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by Abagworo(m): 12:22am On Dec 20, 2011

Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by tpia5: 1:46am On Dec 20, 2011
documentation from the hospital is what makes someone yoruba?

anyway, i thought i left a post here for al harem, cant seem to find it or did i not click the post button.
Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by lagcity(m): 1:50am On Dec 20, 2011
Andre Uweh:

It is good to admit that there is confusion in Yoruba history of origin.

Use your brain. There's no confusion about Yoruba origin; there is "confusion" (if you choose to call it that) about where a certain man named Oduduwa came from. Oduduwa is one person and not entire Yoruba. Hopefully you understand the difference embarassed embarassed.

1 Like

Re: Far From Home, Yoruba Community Makes Home In Delta State- King Ayo (pic) by tpia5: 1:50am On Dec 20, 2011
did the spambot get chyz post which i was responding to?

and my own post which i was looking for, magically reappeared or is it me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King / Ghanaian Women Back In The Day. .love It! Haha / Is Sex Before Marriage A New Culture In Nigeria Or What??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.