Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,320 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain (2485 Views)

Nigerian Migrants Trying To Enter Kiev Under Guise Of Football Team Detained At / African Migrant Caught Hiding In Car's Engine In Attempt To Enter Spain(photo) / We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by romeo(m): 11:10am On Mar 13, 2006
i am in sorrows !!! almost every week some unknown number of African youths loose their lives and what the Spanish press do is add insults to this tragic events by calling them "sin papeles" which means people without documents, like if they are not humans. i am angry because our governments are not doing anything on this and even when some of our African brothers died on the hands of Moroccan police and that of the Spanish civil guard. I AM ASHAMED OF THE AFRICAN UNION!! because this youths are not criminals and we deserve some respect from every nation no matter our legal situation in that country. when you search for the Spanish embassy in Nigeria what you'll see is this, http://www.conpapeles.com. "con papeles" means with documents, please i want some opinions on how we can be reporting all this issues
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by Z4M4eva(f): 1:19pm On Mar 13, 2006
How sad.
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by Seun(m): 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2006
All because they feel they have no hope in their own countries.
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by Oracle(m): 1:54am On Mar 14, 2006
itz really sad, to the extent that they get killed
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by larger20(m): 5:24am On Mar 14, 2006
why would someone go to another country illegally and expect to be treated equally with the legal aliens? Things are hard everywhere now. These spanish people, they r poor too, most of them are illegal in the US. to some extent i will blame our corrupt government after all america has a lot of people who have refused to work but still enjoying america
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by romeo(m): 6:19pm On Mar 14, 2006
Mr larger don't confuse Latinos with Spanish people!! Spanish people are visa free to US and they are not poor people my friend. maybe you don't know where they are from , they are from Europe and not from Mexico.they enjoy a good economy like many parts of the world, and i am surprised by the kind of response i am getting on this issue, many Nigerians died following the desert route to Spain many more died on the sea route too , and their families has no clue of what has become of their kids at all and this is really sad
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by larger20(m): 7:51pm On Mar 14, 2006
romeo:

Mr larger don't confuse Latinos with Spanish people!! Spanish people are visa free to US and they are not poor people my friend. maybe you don't know where they are from , they are from Europe and not from Mexico.they enjoy a good economy like many parts of the world, and i am surprised by the kind of response i am getting on this issue, many Nigerians died following the desert route to Spain many more died on the sea route too , and their families has no clue of what has become of their kids at all and this is really sad

I see them as one, but thanks for the correction. NO body is visa free to the US. Unless you are a president of a country that is friend with the US
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by romeo(m): 8:25pm On Mar 14, 2006
most European countries are visa free for US citizens Mr. man and vice versa. i have Spanish passport and i have been to New York without visa and i am going again this summer without visa and so does everyother Spaniard except you have a criminal record smiley smiley smiley
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by larger20(m): 8:48pm On Mar 14, 2006
romeo:

most European countries are visa free for US citizens Mr. man and vice versa. i have Spanish passport and i have been to New York without visa and i am going again this summer without visa and so does everyother Spaniard except you have a criminal record smiley smiley smiley

its strange to me with the strict immigration rules against africans, maybe i havent paid attention undecided
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by romeo(m): 9:28am On Mar 16, 2006
25 African immigrants bodies recovered today in the Atlantic ocean, just miles away from the Spanish canary islands, this is sad
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by Z4M4eva(f): 9:40am On Mar 16, 2006
It really is. cry
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by jacq(f): 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2006
Very sad indeed ,but what can we do except warn the ppl thinking of going out of naija that it is a risk going thru the desert or with a small boat thru the ocean.
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by Free(f): 7:39pm On Mar 21, 2006
Africans will do anything to get out of africa,
risk takers who loose their lives instead , its sad indeed
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by idiotboop(f): 1:23am On Mar 22, 2006
Romeo

Thank you for posting this thread, it really saddens me and of course alot of people. It also makes me mad that the Government of these African countries, especially Nigeria really aren't doing much here. Again this is all a product of the long list of the things that can go wrong when an economy is mismanaged and people are  so badly neglected, especially young people. I feel so so sad that we have so many young, talented people who are hardworking and if given the right environment and opportunity will flourish and live a decent life. So many young beautiful , brainy women are now on the shores of countires like spain,after being helped in by people i consider soul destroyers, to sell their bodies. so many meet the wrong people, get killed and are unaccounted for till today.After all which police force would be willing to use valuable resources to find out the killer or identity of an unprocessed,black,illegal immigrant prostitute?

I know of a 20yr old in one of the colleges i work, who was given fake documentation for entry into spain. No sooner had she entered spain, had the poor girl been given her first job, which of course was prostitution. I asked why she did it and she said'' for my family'' I was shocked and asked what about your parents? she said they begged the people who took her to help their daughter get to spain, I asked did they know what you would be doing? she said'' yes oh!'' Thank God she met someone who got her out of the situation and is now living in the UK and trying to make sense of her life.

Sadly she's one of many, i realized i have been in the dark about the extent of suffering in Nigeria, people are selling their souls just to get out , to have a chance of some sort of worth, how ironic sad

I don't feel too much anger towards the countries that use tough immigration laws to protect their borders, after all they have their citizens to think of. As Romeo said i don't agree with the insensitivity, but again, you don't break into somebody's house and expect them to roll out the welcome mat.

I always say for a person to leave their home country in such a manner it is saying alot about how far they have been pushed.
I am so emotional now i am going to read my bible and pray.

Good work Romeo
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by romeo(m): 6:48pm On Mar 23, 2006
ur welcomed betty, and below are some pictures of some africans on a boat close to canay islands and the cemetry where their bodies are buried without being indentified , and some africans rushing a bottle of wate from spanish red cross

Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by romeo(m): 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2006
cemetry of green island

Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by romeo(m): 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2006
fighting for a bottle of water , sad pic

Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by Rhodalyn(f): 6:56pm On Mar 23, 2006
africans shocked shocked shocked shocked sad sad sad sad when will all be well
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by nubian(m): 7:06pm On Mar 23, 2006
I feel like crying, its so depresing,so sad.And to think most of these Africans would flourish if the right social and economic conditions existed in thier countries.They have all it take - brains, willpower, - but most African nations just drown people in poverty, the conditions necessary to realise ones potential is just not there.Nigeria is one of the saddest and most painful examples - so rich and blessed , yet her people are so poor,while an elite feed fat and perpertuate themselves in power, basterdising the nations economy. JUST look at the number of Nigerians who have achived a greater heights once in europe and the US, soooooo many.

This things make me depressed - these stories make me ache
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by Z4M4eva(f): 9:55am On Mar 24, 2006
Eh ya. . .All those people wanting a bottle of water!
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by auxtino17: 1:46pm On Oct 05, 2006
romeo i go like to come to spain but not through water or land grin ;Di'm serious how is life there generally??i'm a computer guy is there any prospects for me there??
Re: Africans Dying On Their Way To Enter Spain by Waleade2(m): 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2006
Romeo, u realy do a great job for telling everyone in the house about manutrition been given to Africa entirely about illegal migrant. I want everybody to learn from this thread and tell his or her relations,friends,colleaques,neighbours and anybody that we can make it in Africa.We should,nt leave our country to europe.Infact i felth sad when i saw Africans struggling 4 a bottle of water.i tell u this can not happen in our continent/Africa.Please let learn from this and with prayer, i surely know that Africa will be at top one day and GOD will make it like that.
BRAVO to you Romeo.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Mega Churches Stir Tourism In Nigeria / Lagos To Enugu / Relocating To The Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.