Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:06 AM

Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics (5487 Views)

Anti-corruption Fight: Only Corrupt People Afraid of PMB - Kashamu / El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees / Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics by Ninapha(f): 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2011
jmaine:

We are so used to the Military style . . . anything otherwise seems too strange and docile. . Maybe the OP prefers the Miltary man high handed tactics . . . .

Exactly my thought!

olawalebab:

i don't understand your concept of military style or civilian style, i want a leader that will listen and attend to the needs of its people.

Then Literary presentation of your topic does not agree with the bolded.
Re: Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics by ndigbo: 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2011
Abayomin70:

i kno is off d topic dont b anoy PLS Y is dis USELESS MAN NOT TALKING ABOUT ASUU STRIKE am tired of sitiinn at home pls.JONATHAN where eva u are u wont be happy but u wil av money,all wat u are askin GOD for he wont do it for,he are mad,u are crazy GOD satan witch will PUNISH u d hands of your enemy will always touch u
i have really had a good laugh this afternoon grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics by olawalebabs(m): 1:11pm On Dec 20, 2011
The way you write it make it sound as if you quoted me verbatim
Re: Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2011
1025:

@noblezone,
since he listens to u, pls tell him to stay away from fuel subsidy because that is the only thing a commoner in nigeria benefit from all our mineral resources.
tell him nigerians are not slaves.
remind him that the aftermath of the fuel subsidy removal can lead to stories that touch.

Bros, the only reason the subsidy has not been removed by now, is simply because Jonathan has a listening ear. It is not me he is listening to, rather it is people like you are in majority that he is listening to.

My opinion is that the so called "subsidy" should go. Few of my reasons  are as follows:
1. Greater percentage of Nigerians are greedy and unpatriotic. Any establishment owned by the government is seen as cow to milk. This was why Nitel failed. Where Nitel failed, MTN, Startcoms, Glo, Zain, Etisalat, etc have succeeded. This is why NEPA\PHCN has failed. Nepa officials sabotage the establishment because "na government thing". Who vandalises NEPA installations? Where do they sell the stolen items? Who buys the stolen items?

2. Privatising to the downstream sector of the petroleum industry is what is referred to as "removal of subsidy". Our refineries are not working because of sabotage. Workers in those places from the top to bottom are not interested to make things work. They are interested in getting rich quick. Those who want to play patriotic are either killed or frustrated out. The private sector cannot play a big role now, because government is in charge. Let government remove her hands, prepare a level playing field and see what the private sector can do.

3. The suffering and the hardship will only happen like that of the GSM. MTN sold a SIM card for N20,000 when they started, today it is sold for N100. Talk about the power of competition. Competition will surely force down price of petroleum products. No marketer will ever hoard fuel anymore. He will want to sell quickly and buy another one. Marketers will drag for customers. There will be promos. When MTN was behaving like a shylock, people were asking the government to do something about the price, but what happened? It happened naturally.

4. Private and working refineries will start springing up. Most of the people benefiting from the subsidy madness have the power to do refineries, but now they make more money through subsidy without doing any work. Mobil has the capacity to build a refinery in Nigeria. But they will prefer that subsidy should stay. Subsidy is less work and more money for them.

5. There will massive employment opportunities because people will have the opportunity to play at any level. The control from NNPC must be broken.  The so called PPMC (for pricing and marketing) should be disbanded. The other day, a ship which loaded fuel from Port Harcourt refinery was caught at Lagos with papers claiming the same product was imported.

I can go on and on. I am among the common man struggling to make ends meet. I am typing this with a generator because there is no supply from PHCN.  Parents pay money for their children to be promoted or admitted. Even some people in Nairaland here might be beneficiaries of such “parenting”. What a great citizens such people would become?.
The military has never allowed Nigeria to grow since independence. What we are suffering is years of military (mis) rule. It is much easier to destroy than to build.
Yet, I see it as a shame that when OBJ was there, we mourned over his insensitivity and here have someone who is listening and we are calling him a coward. It seems some people are just critics for the sake of it. It seems in the world of critics, they always see only the opposite. So give them white, they will cry for black and then give them black, they will cry for white.
Re: Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics by Ninapha(f): 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2011
Why is Goodluck and it's supporters always sceptical and afraid of critics

I doubt GEJ is a listening type. A good leader should be firm, the firmness is what i think GEJ does not posses that may him look like a listening type. What make Obj a tyrant is what GEJ is also starting

i don't understand your concept of military style or civilian style, i want a leader that will listen and attend to the needs of its people.

The way you write it make it sound as if you quoted me verbatim

Check if u are here or there.
Re: Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 20, 2011
People like @ayobami70 are the reason why any bad government will come out and justify their continuous cut from the Education Budget annually. 'Cus when an Undergraduate is typing with so much vigor and hatred, and only ends up murdering the english language, why then do you expect government to pay concern to the Education Section.

Like Pat Utomi, Wole Soyinka and others have said in the past, "Nigerians have so many unemployable gruduates scattered all over the place". And these social networks aren't just helping matters at all.

@abayomi70, take Note, I have made so many people change their username on these forum ('cus I gave it to them hot) I won't overlook your insults like others did, if you dare go insulting my family, you are doomed! Try me if you doubt.
Re: Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics by jmaine: 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2011
Appears the OP does not even understand his topic . .what message are you trying to pass really  . . .It's glaring that most of us don't even know what we need . .whether left or right . .we still complain . .and even from the same mouth . .haba !! . . .
Re: Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics by olawalebabs(m): 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2011
jmaine:

Appears the OP does not even understand his topic . .what message are you trying to pass really . . .It's glaring that most of use don't even know what we need . .whether left or right . .we still complain . .and even from the same mouth . .haba !! . . .
read through the post and you will get what i want. good day
Re: Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics by uss25dec: 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2011
i believe dat d economy cannot continue wit feul subsidy. bt d problem is that, where will d so-called N1.2tr dat wud b saved goes 2? can d govt justify d resources so far at its disposal? let alone ask 4 more? we all knw wat happens in govt. we all knw d primary motive of holding public office in Nigeria. millions of Nigerians dnt trust wat happens in govt or govt activities. if d govt is sincere, let it seriously fight corruption. let Nigerians c dat d N1.2tr dat wud b saved will b used 4 d purpose its meant 4. let d govt deploy public resources efficiently n judiciously. let d govt fight corruption without favour n fear. until dat happens, removal of fuel subsidy will be hard in Nigeria. except if GEJ wants to c the animal in us. n by den, he wont b able to contain d situation. all d security agents in Nigeria wud not b enof to calm d aftermaths, recall wat happend in UK recently. despite their efficient policing system. even nw, GEJ has enof on his plate 2 handle. den may b, d prediction by some Americans dat Nigeria wud break b4 2015, will definately come 2 pass.God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics by kizito96(m): 3:02pm On Dec 20, 2011
The man has no liver of his own. Looking at him alone you will see cowardice in his face.
Re: Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2011
Abayomin70:

BEAF u must be crazy is it a must for me to write in correct english on nairaland.y cant people just mind there own problem,pls ooooo is it a crime to write in pijin english niiiiii,u are mad.u are sick who told u dat am jonathan family wat is my own with politics is like u are crazy pls bring it on again i gat nothin to do uselss boy and pls kip finding my mistake na wetin go kill u be dat after d spellin of d pidgin so wats my mistake again.guy are a kid,dats y most of u never sucid in life u are always lookin 4 people mistake and u never move 4wad in life cus u neva mind your own business.grow up my english or broken is not your own problem is my problem.abi na your parent dey pay my school fee niiii KID;;;;;;;;

hahahahahahahaaaaaa grin grin grin grin grin grin, this dude don finish me, this guy murder english here, sorry pidgin english , EGBON Abeg no mind BEAF abi na kpomo, He tot he can spoke english more than you niii, if not for ASUU strike niii. cheii I fitn't laugh grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics by dayokanu(m): 6:11pm On Dec 20, 2011
The clueless Odechukwu retardeen is too daft to handle such
Re: Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics by DaLover(m): 10:42pm On Dec 20, 2011
GEJ is likely to be the best president we ever had, from the way he is going, ,
What most of us fail to realise is that we are amongst the laziest people in the plant, i mean mentally lazy, no solid economic anywhere has ever been built on blanket distribution of nathonal wealth as free stuff, free or reduced price of fuel is not a right, it should be a previledge to be enjoyed by an unfortunate few,

The federal government spends so much money and time on mondane things that one begins to wonder where the time for quality thinking processes come in, i have said it before and i will say it again. The foundation for our policy making is "poor people will suffer", hence let the government provide it all, free schools, free sports, free transport, free fuel, free health, free that and that?

After many years of attempting to provide all these free stuff, what is the end result, the populace is as lazy as ever, lack of competion in provision of services kills any drive or zeal for enterpreneurship class to thrive, and worse, government struggles in its attempts to provide services in an enviroment and at the same time regulate that same enviroment,
The concept of free stuff from government needs to be killed, else we r eternally domed
Re: Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics by olawalebabs(m): 5:23am On Dec 21, 2011
If by spending a billion naira on food is what will make him the best, i can't stop laughing
Re: Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics by hbrednic: 11:35pm On Dec 21, 2011
Critics or Clowns

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG And Senate Should Ban Nomadic Cattle Rearing / 7 Reasons Why The PDP Will Win The 2015 Presidential Elections With Wide Margin / Kidnapping: Saraki Urges Global Collaboration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.