Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Punch "website" Strikes Again - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Punch "website" Strikes Again (901 Views)

Punch Website / Punch Website At It Again / Virus On The Punch's Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Punch "website" Strikes Again by yawatide(f): 11:18am On Dec 20, 2011
Why are they serving up a (non-functioning) mobile site by default (on a desktop)?  Are they experimenting?  If so, don't they know they should do so on a test server, confirm everything is okay, then port it over to the main site?  What's worse, the link to the desktop version isn't intuitive and even when you click it,nothing happens!

This has been going on since yesterday.  I actually thought they would have fixed it by now.  Na wa o! Just when they begin to regain my trust again, they manage to remind me that "na naija we still dey"

http://www.punchng.com/
Re: Punch "website" Strikes Again by dhtml5: 2:01pm On Dec 20, 2011
The webmaster must have just learnt how to do mobile version and is celebrating it.
Re: Punch "website" Strikes Again by ahmsta(m): 2:15pm On Dec 20, 2011
Now am still laughing my ass, a test site should have been used for this,
Re: Punch "website" Strikes Again by dhtml5: 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2011
If the webmaster is smart that is. Even if they dont have a backup of the old site, what does it take to download a copy for local testing, or copying to a subdomain for testing?
Re: Punch "website" Strikes Again by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 20, 2011
Funny enough i used to work for the company handling punch website. they are quite good but not sure who's in charge now. as this is a blunder
Re: Punch "website" Strikes Again by dhtml5: 7:20am On Dec 21, 2011
^^^An unprofessional blunder at that. . . .
Re: Punch "website" Strikes Again by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 21, 2011
indeed to think they will scream at my blunder which only occurred on the localhost. irony
Re: Punch "website" Strikes Again by Slyr0x: 8:58am On Dec 21, 2011
It's been rectified. . . grin. .You have no idea who viewed this thread. .
Re: Punch "website" Strikes Again by yawatide(f): 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2011
@sly

Yep, visited this morning and noticed it went away. And yep again, you never know who is reading posts on this board or conveying messages to others. . . which is why I take advantage of its perceived popularity every time I get the chance cool
Re: Punch "website" Strikes Again by Slyr0x: 2:33pm On Dec 21, 2011
^^ NL is a serious catalyst for changes (positive or not). . .Just post threads like "Interswitch hacked!". . grin. .Trust me, it won't take up to 30 mins before it gets rectified (provided it hits the frontpage tho). .

(1) (Reply)

Webmasters, Please Post Here Some Legitmate Ads Site,god Bless You! / . / Phpbb Or SMF Which Of Them Is Better And More Vasertile For Creating Forums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.