Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

10 Songs Where Rappers Got Murder On Their Own Trackx - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 10 Songs Where Rappers Got Murder On Their Own Trackx (1343 Views)

10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding / Top 10 Songs By Nairalanders / Top 10 Songs That Rocked Nigeria In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Songs Where Rappers Got Murder On Their Own Trackx by baslone: 11:49am On Dec 20, 2011
Whenever one rapper reaches out to ask another to guest on their song, they risk getting stuck in
a Catch-22. There's usually genuine respect there—unless the feature was mandated by the label.

But either way, you don't want your guest turning in a lackluster performance since that wackness
reflects badly on you. Then again, you don't want anybody jacking your spotlight either.

10. Kanye West f/ Nicki Minaj, Jay-Z, Rick Ross, & Bon Iver "Monster" (2010)

Murderer: Nicki Minaj

Nicki has had a ton of great guest verses, but this one was the meanest yet. Going toe-to-toe
with some of the best in the game, she turned heads swiftly after unleashing this ferocious split-personality
flow.

No pretty Barbie smile or Taylor Swift co-signs required on this one.

9. Dr. Dre f/ Snoop Doggy Dogg “Deep Cover” (1992)

Murderer: Snoop Doggy Dogg

Although Dre shares writing credits on this song, we all know who probably did the lion's share of the
lyrical contribution. Snoop's introduction to the world came via this detailed narrative of a drug deal gone
bad.

Somehow, he still managed to body Dre even though he penned it. Now that's impressive. And this
of course led to the inseparable bond yielded one of the most important hip-hop albums of all-time, The Chronic.

8. The Game f/ 50 Cent "Hate It Or Love It" (2005)

Murderer: 50 Cent

50 was on fire in the mid '00s and he made himself right at home on "Hate It Or Love It"— basically making
it sound like a 50 Cent song with a Game verse on it. Game shouldn't complain: This song was one of the main
reasons his debut album was so successful.

However, it's actually 50 was was left short-changed by this record.
Curtis let Game have a song that we hear could have easily been on The Massacre which only helped booster
the idea that Game's debut was better than 50's sophomore set.

7. Raekwon f/ Nas & Ghostface Killah “Verbal Intercourse” (1995)

Murderer: Nas

Being the first ever non-Wu member ever featured on a Wu track, on arguably the strongest debut
solo effort from a Wu-Tang member is a pretty dubious honor. And Nas exploited that to the fullest.
RZA's mellifluous track compliments Nas' flow like a pinky ring to a silk shirt.

And they had the nerve to let him go first? Crazy. Props is a true thug's wife indeed.

6. Jay-Z f/ Kanye West & Rihanna “Run This Town” (2009)

Murderer: Kanye West

If there's any misconception about how superb Kanye's verse is on "Run This Town," just check
the video. You can see Jay-Z mouthing the lyrics right along with 'Ye, almost as if he wished the
awesome 32-bar verse was his.

Yeezy didn't just rattle off one of the best raps of his career, he also defeated his teacher. When
XXL asked Jay-Z about being outrapped by 'Ye he conceded the point: "As long as I've been in the\
game, that's going to happen, once or twice or even three times."

In other words, "Yeah Ye got me, but I've won so many times—who's counting

5. Kanye West f/ Jay-Z "Diamonds from Sierra Leone" (Remix) (2005)

Murderer: Jay-Z

One of the first peeks we got at The Throne in action was on this remix of Kanye's "Diamonds
from Sierra Leone." At the time, there were many questions surrounding Jigga following the nasty
breakup of Roc-A-Fella Records and his retirement from rap to become the President of Def Jam.
But all questions were answered by Jay's blazing verse.

Even Yeezy had to admit defeat as he would later rhyme on "Big Brother", "On that 'Diamonds Remix'
I swore I'd spaz/Then my big brother came through and kicked my ass."

4. LL Cool J f/ Canibus, Method Man, Redman, & DMX "4, 3, 2, 1 (Original)" (1997)

Murderer: Canibus

The story behind this song has become hip-hop folklore. Young Canibus gets the chance to rhyme
alongside one of his idols, LL Cool J. Bus writes a rhyme with a line asking to "borrow" the mic from
LL's arm (referring to the immense tattoo of a microphone and a crown on his right bicep).

LL takes offense to his ostentatious request, writes a diss verse in response, but then asks Canibus
to re-write his verse. The rookie obliges but then LL then releases the song with his verse still dissing Canibus.

As Bus's original verse circulates on New York mixtapes, and an infamous phone call goes down, a beef
brews and Canibus ends up making "Second Round K.O." You know the rest. But for the record, Canibus'
original verse was 100 times iller. Even LL knew that.

3. Craig Mack f/ The Notorious B.I.G., Rampage, LL Cool J & Busta Rhymes "Flava In Ya Ear (Remix)" (1994)

Murderer: The Notorious B.I.G.

This one is a no-brainer. Although it wasn't the most difficult task to outrap Craig Mack, B.I.G.'s verse from
the "Flava In Ya Ear" remix remains one of his most memorable of all-time. And he didn't just murder Mack
on this single, he basically deaded dude's career.

Prior to this release Bad Boy seemed ready to put its weight behind Mack, but afterward it was all Big Poppa
all the time. But don't be mad—Biggie contributed enough fire to make this an undeniably classic posse cut, and
helped recruit some new talent for UPS in the process.

2. Jay-Z f/ Eminem "Renegade" (2001)

Murderer: Eminem

On "Ether"—one of the most vicious diss songs of all time—Nas took plenty shots at Jay-Z's sexuality
and street credibility, but the line that burned extra slow was, "Eminem murdered you on your own
shit."

So props to Nas for coining the term that inspired this list. And by the way, there's no denying that Nas was right.

Most of Jay-Z's album The Blueprint was built on soul but for some reason he opted to rhyme over one
of Eminem's trademark haunted house tracks alongside Marshall himself. Maybe Jigga wanted to prove
that he was the Best Rapper Alive by rocking with The Next Best Rapper In Line?

Either way, Jay held his own but Marshall spazzed, spitting one of the best verses of his career and owned
Hov on Hov's best album.

1. Main Source f/ Nas, Joe Fatal & Akinyele "Live at the BBQ" (1991)

Murderer: Nas

Large Pro might as well be charged as an accomplice to this murder. Back in '91, he had a secret weapon
and he fired it off lovely on "Live at the BBQ." That weapon was a brash yet gifted youngster from the Queensbridge
Projects named Nasir Jones.

The verse established "Nasty Nas" as the second coming of Rakim, paving the way for his legendary debut, Illmatic.
Re: 10 Songs Where Rappers Got Murder On Their Own Trackx by BabaEleko(m): 12:22pm On Dec 20, 2011
I read this today on complex.com

(1) (Reply)

New Music Video: Davido Feat Ice Prince- Feel Alright, Can Someone Answer This? / African Bad Girl- Lynxxx Ft. Banky W / Justin Beiber Is Now Officially The King Of Pop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.