Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

[Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements (6277 Views)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? / [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! / [Help Request] Help With Database Connectivity Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

[Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by Pato5(m): 10:52am On Dec 21, 2011
(plz i typ wit 4ne,dnt mind d shot4rm), i jst finishd 4rm college n waitin 4 admisn.,.i chose EE as my course because i so luv tech inovation nd d world of computer, i luv comp programin, i av don alot of googlin n wikipedin, i came acros terms lyk SOURCE CODE, ALOGRITHM, PROGRAMIN LANG,etc i dnt av a PC cos my parents cant aford it, though d saw my passion 4 it n promisd 2 get 1 once d av d ches, i'm a fast learner.,.i browse alot wit my little java 4ne, i taught myself compter basics lyk m.s word,m.s xcel etc, now here is d point,i wnt 2 learn programin, wot ar d requirements? lyk buks etc plz help me

1 Like

Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by dellnet: 12:13pm On Dec 21, 2011
buy a book to learn programming I will recommend C/C++ programming for you. It will be useful in your field.

1 Like

Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by vezycash(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2011
Bro get a system first before you talk about learning programming - if not, any computer book you pick
would just be like secondary school physics and chemistry - You need to apply the things you read that
is why u need a computer.

You don't necessarily need to own a computer, if u can get someone who owns one but really does not
know what to do with it, befriend and make use of that computer until you own comes.

Once you have a computer, you'll need books, video tutorials (if your internet connection is fast enough).
I'm working on a service to help people download stuff for free.
Send a mail to vezycash -At- live -dot- com and I'll let you know immediately the service is ready.
cheers
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by Fayimora(m): 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2011
vezycash:

Bro get a system first before you talk about learning programming
[size=19pt]+1[/size]
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by okeyxyz(m): 11:21pm On Dec 21, 2011
vezycash:

Bro get a system first before you talk about learning programming

+1
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by Pato5(m): 9:56am On Dec 22, 2011
Guys,i knew i would get help, i sincerely thank u all, i'm stil young ,dats y i want 2 learn 4rm odas xperience, my dreams are jst 2 big dats y i want 2 learn rili big stufs, prayin dat 1 day i wil make my country n black race PROUD, THANK U 1ce again

2 Likes

Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by kodewrita(m): 7:22pm On Dec 22, 2011
take some classes in NIIT or some other IT training firm while you wait for your admission. That should start you off. Preferably get a Comptia A+ Cert. You might find it useful in your career long term(and will make you immediately useful to people around you). And web/graphic design too, for needed cash while you are still in school.

Find a friend with a pc and STICK TO HIM/HER grin

Visit cafes and learn all you can from the web. cool websites for someone new to IT include www.stackoverflow.com www.codinghorror.com

for open source codes to learn from:

http://www.sourceforge.com
http://www.freshmeat.net
http://www.github.com
http://code.google.com

Once you get a pc, get a typing tutor software too. Speedy typing means you are spending your time on the pc thinking Not hunting keys all over the keyboard.

All the best.
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by Pato5(m): 7:38pm On Dec 22, 2011
Thanks a million tyms,
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by Pato5(m): 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2011
i'm livin in jos,such firms are rare here (d 1 saw told me dier fee is 100k+), Thanks a million tyms all d same @kodewrita
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by vezycash(m): 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2012
hey bro visit this website, it would teach you programming for free
www.codeyear.com

It uses the best technique I've thought about using - learning by example and practice.
It will give you tons of exercises - you grow as you complete the exercises.

2 Likes

Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by csharpjava(m): 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
If you can watch videos online this will be a go place to start learning C the mother of all programming languages: C Programming Tutorial 1 Learn C Programming and then follow all the videos series.

1 Like

Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by vezycash(m): 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2012
read this very useful should only take about 5 minutes to complete.
http://matt.might.net/articles/programmers-resolutions/

There is one important skilll to develop - Concentration you won't be a good programmer if you can't sit your ass down
and face one particular thing (book, code, web page) for a long time.

From now, try to finish one thing before jumping on another one, start with little stuff like brushing your teeth, sweeping, emails,
In mere days, you'll notice that you can concentrate better and as a result, accomplish more than you've done before.

Trust me, this singular advice is worth more than any other advice I or anyone else could ever give to you.

1 Like

Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by Pato5(m): 5:19am On Jan 05, 2012
D passion has jst even began,i was saw i a post in YAHOO ANSWER by  a 17 yrs dude in Britian, i was so intrigued, my God 9ja is truly lagging behind, in fact my new year resolution is 2 harbour more knwoledge beyond my boundaries weda STRIKE lyk it or not, despite all odds, my email is patrick.oguaju@yahoo.com thanks you all
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 05, 2012
I post in yahoo answers too, but not that frequently, i should be on level 2 by now if not 3. It is a cool place to be. If you fork up, people just ignore you. . .if you help people you get a lot of kudos, and it shows in your profile.
If the yahoo answers was made for only Nigerians, it will just not work, because unlike unlike nairaland, there is no space for insults. I have won answers for some stoooopid questions that does not make any sense just because i was the only one that answered.
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2012
Pato have you talked to OT about it? I also have some pdf on that, but mehnn am broke! I can't afford printing. For the books btw cliff bookshop have a lot.
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by talk2hb1(m): 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
I think the only limitation you have is self imposed limitation, you will be hurting yourself by not going after your goal. If you are really interested in programming call me I will send you programming video tutorial free on C++, python, Java, PHP, even pygame. But you need to have a system that you can use to practice, or better still clinch with business centers around you by helping them do some of their work and in return you have access to their system for your own practice or find a friend that has one. Wishing you Luck in your programming journey, and more importantly welcome to the world of programming.

4 Likes

Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by DisGuy: 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2012
vezycash: hey bro visit this website, it would teach you programming for free
www.codeyear.com

It uses the best technique I've thought about using - learning by example and practice.
It will give you tons of exercises - you grow as you complete the exercises.

God Bless you, i have started this one; i failed mechatronics back in university days
this is much simpler and straight forward

1 Like

Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by vezycash(m): 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2012
You're welcome. As for the concentration thing I'll give you a tip.

I'm giving you the main gist from a book I wrote on concentration.
Make sure you use it, if you don't u better pay!!!

Get a countdown timer - virtually all Nokia phones have it.
Set your timer to 10 minutes and start reading.
Don't rush, make sure you understand what you are reading for just 10 minutes
After the alarm wakes you up, decide to go another 10 minutes or go do something else.

Just make sure that if you set the timer for 10 minutes, that you fully concentration for that
10 minutes - its just 10 minutes, your mind should cooperate with you.

Make sure u say thanks or i'm removing the post.

2 Likes

Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by piouson(m): 3:18pm On Jul 17, 2012
The poor newbie programmer said *cant*afford* sad but I hear 'some NIIT shit' and "get a system first" cry *smh*
newbie said *java*phone* sad you given him tons of helpful links which i doubt he can put to use atm *smh*
finally newbie mentioned *just*finished*college* and MrIKnowIt lipsrsealed said *C/C++* shocked grin LWKM!!

Dear Pato5,
IMHO as a prospective Elect/Elect student, 'C' will be real close to your discipline, especially for embedded systems, circuits, etc., but the first thing you need is to understand the principles of OOP - Object Oriented Programming!
Languages like Java or C# which are rid of the hectic stress from C/C++ can caress you into the OOP idea, especially with books like 'Deitel How To Program...', 'SAMS Teach Yourself...' etc. Furthermore, you can just find a book on OOP generally and NOT language specific, just to master the principles of Classes, Objects, Functions, Encapsulation, Inheritance, etc., first, all which are among the basics of OOP. This way you can learn while you find a system to borrow occasionally, pending you get your own.
If you're able to find a Java or C# book for beginners, using a BIG NOTE, you can practice writing the codes you read, this is actually the recommendation for beginners, you'd find that many books, as well as programmers recommend using 'NOTEPAD' (and NOT IDEs) while just getting started with programming... This will dramatically build your programming keyword/syntax vocabulary!

With that said, I recommend walking to your nearest bookstore (maybe a friend if you're lucky or someone in NL here you can borrow from) or bend-down-select store to find yourself 'JAVA HOW TO PROGRAM' or 'C# HOW TO PROGRAM' by DEITEL DEITEL, pen, pencil, and a BIG NOTE, and you'll be well on your way to becoming a PRO DEVELOPER!! wink

NB
Why do NL'ers not USE THE LIKE BUTTON!?!?!
and WHY THE HELL IS THERE NO DISLIKE BUTTON!!!!!!!!!! angry

8 Likes

Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by vezycash(m): 12:18pm On Jul 24, 2012
Of all languages, C is not one to you can learn without active practice with the compiler.
Dude, his buying a textbook will do him absolutely no good.

He first needs to play his hands on some simpler language and mabye some
little web tutorials before buying a 500+ page book.

I'm talking out of first hand experience.

One other thing, he should skip .Net in particular because of compatibility issues.
I bought a book on managed C++ (a .net lang FWI) and could only run a few codes
because most of the syntax would would not work for a later version.

So there you have it dude. NO system (does not have to be yours, the first system
I used was not even mind, the owner used to chase me away) but you definitely need a computer.
No computer, forget programming.
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by Obizee316(m): 9:47pm On Aug 02, 2012
Kinda busy bt i knw i can do dis .tank u all 4 ur contributions.
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by Dbaba(m): 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2012
talk2hb1: I think the only limitation you have is self imposed limitation, you will be hurting yourself by not going after your goal. If you are really interested in programming call me I will send you programming video tutorial free on C++, python, Java, PHP, even pygame. But you need to have a system that you can use to practice, or better still clinch with business centers around you by helping them do some of their work and in return you have access to their system for your own practice or find a friend that has one. Wishing you Luck in your programming journey, and more importantly welcome to the world of programming.

Please I am interested in the material kindly forward it to my email address akintadedeji@yahoo.com
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by studM(m): 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
talk2hb1: I think the only limitation you have is self imposed limitation, you will be hurting yourself by not going after your goal. If you are really interested in programming call me I will send you programming video tutorial free on C++, python, Java, PHP, even pygame. But you need to have a system that you can use to practice, or better still clinch with business centers around you by helping them do some of their work and in return you have access to their system for your own practice or find a friend that has one. Wishing you Luck in your programming journey, and more importantly welcome to the world of programming.

CAN U PLEASE SEND ME THOSE PROGRAMMING VIDEO TUTORIALS SO I CAN ALSO LEARN HOW TO BECOME A PROGRAMMER?
MY EMAIL IS:RICKYMARTINS2003@YAHOO.COM
THANKS IN ANTICIPATION wink
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by Sundayademola(m): 10:13am On Aug 11, 2012
talib,I also need the video tutorials,the mail is saopayne@gmail.com.
Thanks.
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by Ladanboso: 7:24pm On Aug 11, 2012
Pls am also interestd,send me 2. harryslove4ever@yahoo.com. Tanx
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by Aimolatunde1(m): 3:36pm On Aug 12, 2012
hi, pls i will be glad to be a beneficiary of ur knowledge, i will like to get those videos also. My email is aimolatunde@gmail.com
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by BIGREEL(m): 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
Pls do not pass me by, my email is juwonsamuel@gmail.com.
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by Pacientdokk: 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2012
D essence of my being here is 2 meet peeps lik u 4 hlp, pls follow send d video 2 my mail: pacientdokk@gmail.çom.thanks.
Re: [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements by Pacientdokk: 1:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
akorsson :
Pls I just finished a 2month course on web designing both dreamweaver and frontpage. But I am really instested in programming. I just want you all to recommend a gud IT institute for me. I want to contact aptech but I was told not to go there because of the price. Pls recommend a cheaper a better one for me
on d same vain, pls someone hlp tel me d link 2 post on dis nairaland i dont c d link 2 post only 2 quote n reply. Otujobudofia@yahoo.com dts my email. Tanks.

(1) (2)

Certified-drugs App: List Of All Drugs Approved For Use In Nigeria By NAFDAC / Free Research Project/thesis Topics In Computer Science (PART 1) / Vb.net Crystal Report & Dataset

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.