Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,400 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? (10248 Views)

Updated: Explosion Rocks Oworonsoki Lagos, Four Injured (Photo) / Anambra's Boko Haram Prisoners And Buhari's Deafening Silence - Sahara Reporters / Explosion Rocks Anambra Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by aloyemeka1: 2:21am On Dec 23, 2011
[size=14pt]Explosion rocks Anambra monarch’s palace[/size]
By Nwanosike Onu 2 hours 16 minutes ago
Font size:
There was an explosion yesterday at the palace of the monarch of Uke in Idemili North Local Government of Anambra State.
Igwe Nwabufo Ezeude and two of his house maids were injured in the midnight explosion.
Though no one could ascertain the cause of the explosion, residents suspected a bomb blast.
Others also claimed that it might be a cooking gas cylinder.
Police spokesman Emeka Chukwuemeka confirmed the incident.
The palace has since been cordoned off. Adjoining streets and family compounds were littered with debris and shattered glasses, windows and door frames.
A worker at the office of the Palace Secretary said the Ogidi Divisional Police Officer as well as the bomb disposal squad had visited the place.
The officers, he said, have taken samples of some of the debris and shrapnel.
An eye witness, who gave his name as Ikenna, said the explosion occurred at about 12.30am.
He, however, doubted whether it was a gas cylinder because no one was cooking in the kitchen at the time.
Ikenna said rescuers rushed into the palace when they heard the monarch and his maids shouting.
According to him, they rushed them to a private hospital at Nkpor. He refused to give the name of the hospital.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/30799-explosion-rocks-anambra-monarch%E2%80%99s-palace.html
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by aloyemeka1: 12:30pm On Dec 23, 2011
Where are those taunting Ekiti people on staying calm amidst explosions?. what have you done now that Boko haram is poking hands in your face?.
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by ssjalo(m): 12:46pm On Dec 23, 2011
please we need more details.
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by lafuria1(m): 12:57pm On Dec 23, 2011
No be only boko haram na al shabab. So na palace dem wan attack of all places in anambra. An explosion has occured me and u dont knw who carried it, lets wait 4 wat d police and d indigenes think.
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by ogbongzky(m): 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2011
Imagine, this kind of a thing at a time they suppose to be enjoying xmas tinz.

I pray God keeps protecting them.

As for Boko Haram talk, e no surprise me because if some pple hear anythin gboa, boko haram noni,
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by txh(m): 1:09pm On Dec 23, 2011
Somebody needs to get these people under control! sad
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:13pm On Dec 23, 2011
Unfortunately the problem of political diplomacy with terrorists in the face of sorely-lacking security has allowed other disgruntled elements to hatch their plans behind the mask of Boko-Haram. It is quote unfortunate that The FG still forges on as if nothing is happening and that Economic Interests can thrive in the face of Social unrest. It is just unfortunate that the minds we consider of high intellect are only consumed by the sound of their blissfully ignorant voices on national television. A chaotic and bloody revolution will take place but it won't be us against them. it will be poor vs. just-getting by.
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by Onyocha: 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2011
Nairaland once more proving to be a channel of rumor,incitement and division.

why would a responsible mod make such allegation attributing an explosion in the eat to boko haram and paste it on the front page?

isn't this ill-intended meant to stir chaos or is all that matter to attract people to threads?
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by Funkymallam(m): 1:51pm On Dec 23, 2011
Not only boko haram, na anambra haram. Even when ppl hear d sound of firecrackers 'knockouts' these days, na boko haram.
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by Ihengote: 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2011
Moderator, pls removed this from front page now or,
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 23, 2011
I dey laugh o!!

Time for a revolution in Anambra State.

This is not Boko Haram. Those Hausa people know where to draw the line.

This is Anambra State indegenes bombing one another. This is what you get when you choose a bunch of "money-miss-road" touts and eediots to be leaders. If this is indeed a bomb, then Anambra State is in crisis.

I pray for my people!
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by uzuz(f): 4:06pm On Dec 23, 2011
Okija juju, l pray you hold your piece and not make mockery of an accident that has befallen one, Do not talk about my uncle that way you idiot, Your name portrays one too.
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by uzuz(f): 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2011
This is what you get when you choose a bunch of "money-miss-road" touts and eediots to be leaders. If this is indeed a bomb, then Anambra State is in crisis.

I pray for my people!

Okija Juju abi Okija Shrine, Da eediot,
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2011
uzuz:

Okija juju, l pray you hold your piece and not make mockery of an accident that has befallen one, Do not talk about my uncle that way you , Your name portrays one too.

Is this that time of the month when your coochie starts leaking blood already?! undecided You had better step away from me. . . I didnt name names, but if your feel your uncle (whoever he is) falls into the category of "money-miss-road" titled elders in Anambra then please go talk to him and not me.

Thugs and touts are ruining Anambra State and I dont care if your entire family are part of them, but what I can assure you is that when the revolution starts, Anyi ncha ga ma ndi na emgbu obodo anyi.
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by uzuz(f): 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2011
lf you wanted to talk about corrupt leaders, then you shouldnt bring it in here, this thread talks about a tragedy that has befallen a family and that was all you could come up here to say, talk about , have been following your replys to some threads and they are really off, you might try giving yourself a new name.
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by kizito96(m): 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2011
Nigerians act cowardly, most of these big men have house helps who know nothing. they put their lives in jeopardy. may be the house help could not put the knob of the gas cylinder tightened very well. It happened to me. The noise attracted the whole street, blasted my kitchen ceilling and threw my boy 20 feet away. Lets not blame Boko for our domestic stupidity
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by onyengbu: 8:44pm On Dec 23, 2011
Who still think dat okija juju is igbo?
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by onyengbu: 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2011
Who still think dat okija juju is igbo?
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by guonno: 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2011
I think everyone has a bomb in nigeria now. I had a crush on someone yesterday, u wont believe what the stupid man told me, he said " if u make me vex now ehh i go use grenade on you " if u see the way i run for my life ehh. Na lie ohh.
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by aagarba05(m): 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2011
Typical Nigerians! It is high time we put paid to a fallacy of hasty generalisation. Beware of senseless and uncalled-for naming!
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by mekaboy(m): 9:56am On Dec 24, 2011
THIS IS NOT BOKO HARAM, THIS IS POLITICAL, SOMEONE WANTED TO ASSASSINATE THE MAN AND PLANTED A BOMB IN HIS HOUSE, IF U KNOW WHERE UKE IS, U WILL KNOW THAT A NORTHERNER HAS NO BUSINESS IN THE AREA. ITS A VILLAGE BOKO HARAM HAS NO ISSUES THERE.

I AM FROM UKE- AND THERE HAS BEEN ALOT OF Clashes OVER THE CHIEFTAIN OF THE LAND AND OTHER STUFF.
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by Winnerslfc(m): 10:29am On Dec 24, 2011
Hmmm! Just wondrin if d xplosion was d type we do hav in maiduguri. Wat kind of xplosion is dat? No death? Only 2 injured? I gues dat was not an xplosion.
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by slyprince(m): 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2011
No b only Boko Haram na Boko Halal
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by slyprince(m): 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2011
Even if na knock out blast for bush every body Boko Haram , una go giv una self high blood presure ma people
boko halal noni
Re: Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2011
mekaboy:

THIS IS NOT BOKO HARAM, THIS IS POLITICAL, SOMEONE WANTED TO ASSASSINATE THE MAN AND PLANTED A BOMB IN HIS HOUSE, IF U KNOW WHERE UKE IS, U WILL KNOW THAT A NORTHERNER HAS NO BUSINESS IN THE AREA. ITS A VILLAGE BOKO HARAM HAS NO ISSUES THERE.

I AM FROM UKE- AND THERE HAS BEEN ALOT OF Clashes OVER THE CHIEFTAIN OF THE LAND AND OTHER STUFF.

Nna for saying the truth, may your days be prosperous and long.

Boko Haram ko, Gas explosion ni!!

Why do Igbos like avoiding the truth?! angry

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Orders Deployment Of Troops To Nasarawa State / SERAP Sues Health Ministry, NCDC Over ‘failure To Account For COVID-19 Money’ / Pictures from APC Ward-To-Ward Rally In Borgu, Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.