Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas (3751 Views)

Message From The Lord Jesus To Christians & Pastors - A Must Read! / Awesome Message From The Lord For Pastors & Bishops - Pls Read It / 5 Year Old Prays An Unforgettable Prayer At The Potter's House -bishop Td Jakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by mabell: 4:38pm On Dec 23, 2011
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief (1 Timothy 1:15).

What's the best gift you can give to the Lord this Christmas season? Is it the hymns we sing, the nice Christmas decorations, shimmering lights and fireworks? All these are nice, but they really won’t impress Him because He lives in a place where the beauty and glory beats anything man has ever seen or can imagine. The streets in heaven are paved with gold, and the light in which He dwells is such that no man can approach unto (1 Timothy 6:16). So, all the “twinkling Christmas lights” and the “red-gold-and-green” decorations won’t really impress Him.

What will impress the Lord at Christmas is your gift of love to Him, expressed in leading a sinner to receive salvation. No one is applauded or honoured in heaven for putting up the finest Christmas decorations, or for organizing the loudest Christmas party. What gets heaven’s attention is that person you touch with the love of Christ and lead to salvation. That’s what brings joy to the Father’s heart and causes all of heaven to exuberantly rejoice: “…joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance” (Luke 15:7).

This lets you know what your priority should be at this time of the year, and always! You should keep causing joy in heaven by leading men and women to salvation. It’s the greatest gift you can give to the Lord. Jesus was born to raise sons of God; and that’s what the Husbandman is waiting for. He’s looking out for the precious fruit of the earth (James 5:7). As you lead a sinner to Christ, you’re reaping His harvest; the souls of men.

Perhaps you won a sinner to Christ last Christmas and as a result there was joy in heaven, but now you ought to give the Lord another gift, so there’ll be greater joy. The greatest gift of all that you can give to Him is what we read in Luke 15:7: “I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.” Lead a sinner to Christ this season, and you’d have made it a memorable Christmas for the Lord.

1 Corinthians 9:16
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by ichuka(m): 10:26pm On Dec 23, 2011
Good piece!
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by lepasharon(f): 2:33am On Dec 24, 2011
dummie,do youy not know dat Christ was nt born december 25??!
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by ichuka(m): 3:06am On Dec 24, 2011
@lepasharon
what's your problem,cant you read properly,is the post about chrismas or is it all about the expression of the Love of Christ?!
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by tpia5: 3:21am On Dec 24, 2011
there's a song about something like this. . . . . . . cant recall the title.
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by marcus1234: 11:20am On Dec 24, 2011
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by Azibalua(f): 12:53pm On Dec 24, 2011
lepasharon:

That's not the issue
The issue is how do you celebrate him
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by buzugee(m): 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2011
i dont think the Lord wants you to give him something unforgettable on pagan tradition day grin
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by Micuilles: 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2011
@ Lepasharun,

That your response was prety rude. I don't think the op deserved such because of an opinion she shared. Grow up. By the way, because christians all over the world has chosen 25th of December to celebrate the birth of Our Lord Jesus, does not mean christians are implying He was born that day. You canbe born on a day & decide to celebrate on a different date. By the way, I think the date chosen for the celebration of the birth of Jesus is perfect. smiley smiley smiley Merry Xmas.
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by freecocoa(f): 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2011
^
Abi o.

@ Topic,nice write up but I think showing him love should be an everyday thing and nothing should change for those who truly love him cos its xmas,btw its not really his birthday so I don't think he's expecting any special presents,souls should be won for him anyday,anytime and anywhere.
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by dasparrow: 2:36pm On Dec 24, 2011
freecocoa:

^
Abi o.

@ Topic,nice write up but I think showing him love should be an everyday thing and nothing should change for those who truly love him cos its xmas,btw its not really his birthday so I don't think he's expecting any special presents,souls should be won for him anyday,anytime and anywhere.

Exactly!
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2011
[size=4pt]How to give the lord an unforgettable christmas? So is OP saying the lord usually forgets christmas celebrations??/[/size]
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by deadie(m): 4:38pm On Dec 24, 2011
Your space daddy is the invention of ancient cave-dwelling and hashish-smoking Middle Easterners, who by today's standard will be considered as drug addicts. Shame on you dumb 4cks who believe in the mythology books written many yrs ago.
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by PHIPEX(m): 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2011
deadie:

Your space daddy is the invention of ancient cave-dwelling and hashish-smoking Middle Easterners, who by today's standard will be considered as drug addicts. Shame on you dumb 4cks who believe in the mythology books written many yrs ago.

So u believe ur smarter cos u believe in the books that are written of recent? I can Imagine the level of ur intelligent, Merry Xmas to u!

@ OP, May God bless u very well tomorrow grin grin Nice piece!

1 Like

Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by SNCOQ3(m): 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2011
One Christmas day about six years ago, after church service, i thought to myself: how can i make God celebrate xmas with us? since the only thing that is celebrated in heaven is when a man gives is life to Christ. So i convinced my friends to go out with me to evangelize; we won souls for Christ that beautiful day and i knew in my heart i have made God celebrate on Christmas day! We were full of joy unspeakable. Today, i still remember It as the best Christmas i've ever had.
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by tpia5: 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2011
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief

very true.
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by EyesulO(m): 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2011
@op: This really blessed me and it's giving me a change of attitude as we enter the festive season. God bless you Mabel
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by frebor(m): 11:35pm On Dec 24, 2011
I stil dey wonder o, A reminder of what happens when we
stop taking our religion from the
Scripture.

Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by nanidee(f): 1:09am On Dec 25, 2011
Nice post.
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by Joagbaje(m): 3:33am On Dec 25, 2011
@mabel
What will impress the Lord at Christmas is your gift of love to Him, expressed in leading a sinner to receive salvation. No one is applauded or honoured in heaven for putting up the finest Christmas decorations, or for organizing the loudest Christmas party. What gets heaven’s attention is that person you touch with the love of Christ and lead to salvation. That’s what brings joy to the Father’s heart and causes all of heaven to exuberantly rejoice: “…joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance” (Luke 15:7).

I love this part, God bless you
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by sniperwolf(m): 7:13am On Dec 25, 2011
Happy birthday to my Lord
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by 4good(m): 12:58pm On Dec 25, 2011
@ Mabel

Thanks for that powerful exhortation. Merry Christmas & a happy new year in advance.
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by Image123(m): 2:51pm On Dec 25, 2011
What can i give Him,
Poor as i am?
If i were a shepherd,
I would bring a lamb;
If i were a wise man,
I would do my part;
Yet what i can i give Him,
Give my heart.
(Christina Rosetti).
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by adaphik(f): 6:38pm On Dec 25, 2011
lepasharon:

who be this sef!!!! Which kyn human beign be this!! Na wa oo
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by adaphik(f): 6:40pm On Dec 25, 2011
@ OP; God bless u jarreee, As well as other well-meaning ppl here. Compliments of the season.
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by mabell: 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2011
Thanks for all the contributions
@ lepasharun, the birth of Jesus was not on the 25th precisely but we choose that day to celebrate him
The arrival of Jesus changed everything in life, so we are glad he came
All we need to do as Christians is to enlighten everybody about the reason He came, the reason He died and His resurrection.
That's the best gift you can give the celebrant, Jesus
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by Joagbaje(m): 8:14am On Dec 27, 2011
@Mabel

This thread of yours don hit home page o. Nice.
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by mabell: 12:58pm On Dec 27, 2011
;d
Re: How To Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas by itstpia8: 6:33pm On Nov 12, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses' Year Without Knocking On Doors / Jesus Christ ~ Wanted: Dead Or Alive / In The Name Of Jesus Or In The Name Of Yeshua? Which Is Powerful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.