Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

A Rape Scene On Nigerian Tv: Right Or Wrong? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Rape Scene On Nigerian Tv: Right Or Wrong? (4028 Views)

Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations / The Queens And Kings Of Nigerian TV Soap Operas ( Photos ) / Best Male/Female Newscasters/Presenters on Nigerian TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Rape Scene On Nigerian Tv: Right Or Wrong? by vinderbilt: 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2011
There is something terribly wrong with our ratings as far as the acceptable content on our media is concerned. Of course like any decent nation, we frown at nudity and sex on TV. Still, we are not doing enough. TV in Nigeria is for the whole family, as we avoid erotic content for family viewing so should we frown at violent content like rape, suicide and all. Sadly, rape is shown everyday on TV and it's bad for our children's minds.

A good example I recently watched is this scene of a pretty girl being pushed on the bed as a man gets on top of her and tries to rape her. the scene is from a Nigerian TV show and I found it on Youtube, here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAv3RMkHZiw
Re: A Rape Scene On Nigerian Tv: Right Or Wrong? by Salmoneus(m): 3:21pm On Dec 26, 2011
You must be living in a colorful kiddy land, life is not pretty most of time, should newspapers not tell the stories of ra.pe victims because kids may read it? Movies have a similar role in society they reflect the good and bad issues, it's YOUR responsibility to make sure your children watch age appropriate movies!!

(1) (Reply)

This Was How Chris Evans Was Made Small In The Movie "Captain America" / Game Of Thrones (season 6) / Prison Break Or 24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.