Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Single And Desperate For A Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single And Desperate For A Baby (2260 Views)

Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) / Teenagers 'desperate' For A Baby / Christian, 15 Years Old And Desperate For A Baby! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single And Desperate For A Baby by jumlamoss: 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2011
Hi Nairalanders. I would appreciate some advise on a sensitive subject
I am a divorced lady, soon to be 40 who is desperate for a child.
My chances of remarrying appear slim as I am not very open to marriage any longer
I have considered adopting and obtained all the information towards this in Nigeria
However, I really long to have my own biological child and I'm considering using donor sperm from a sperm bank in Nigeria

My questions are:

1. Are there reputable sperm banks in Nigeria?
2. What is the general view towards this option?

Thank you for your candid responses
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by Nobody: 2:06am On Dec 26, 2011
lady, there is absolutely nothing wrong with how you feel and how you want to go about this issue, so long as you are financially/emotionally and physically able to care for a child. you should disregard how people will view you(or your actions) and focus on living your life the best YOU see fit.

here is what MBJ thinks you should do, instead of going to Fluid banks (which may charge you a heavy fee for their services which are NOT 100% sure to work):
first and foremost, create a new email address and buy yourself a new sim card. put an ad online, be simple and direct:"late 30s lady looking for a big cokc to please me during my fertile moments". . . . . .  the big cokc part is just to make the matter more pleasurable for you too, lol! let them know (from the get go) that you expect to get pregnant, but also want to have some fun along the way. no strings attached, no "daddy" needed.

you will have a few 100 replies. study the applicants, their work, age, intelligence etc for a few months till you get down to a few dozen. any uneducated broke a[b]s[/b]s guy should be deleted asap. make sure that you accompany each and everyone of them for their AIDS test at 2 separate screening 3 months apart (yeah it is not a quick process). when you are ready and in your ovulating period, get a hotel room for the whole duration and have the mandingo brothers do their jobs. one in the morning, the other in the afternoon and the next one at night (3 days in a row) i will be very surprised if not one of them get you pregnant! et voila!

btw you may want to name your first born after me, lol!
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by maclatunji: 10:31pm On Dec 26, 2011
jumlamoss:

Hi Nairalanders. I would appreciate some advise on a sensitive subject
I am a divorced lady, soon to be 40 who is desperate for a child.
My chances of remarrying appear slim as I am not very open to marriage any longer
I have considered adopting and obtained all the information towards this in Nigeria
However, I really long to have my own biological child and I'm considering using donor Fluid from a Fluid bank in Nigeria

My questions are:

1. Are there reputable Fluid banks in Nigeria?
2. What is the general view towards this option?

Thank you for your candid responses

I know this goes against your present line of thought, but you are being selfish. You want to have a child that will be fatherless. If you succeed in your desire, believe me that the child will one day feel like cursing you for bringing he/she to this world with little or no hope of meeting his/her father.

I also know that by virtue of your divorce, your first marriage did not work-out but it does not mean that all men are thrash.

My advice to you is to invest your resources in finding a decent man and get married to him and pray to God to bless you as you seek his mercy on this issue. This is best advice you will get, I hope you will take it. Do not despair of the mercy and kindness of God.

1 Like

Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by ifyalways(f): 8:38am On Dec 27, 2011
^ you are not serious are you? What made you think "she" is interested in marriage?she should invest her resources in getting a man to marry her? Its still same people like you that would quickly remind her that you don't use "resources" to buy a husband. @ poster, search yourself very well, weigh all options, pros and cons to be sure that this is the best option for you. And if the IVF thingy does not work, you can as well think adoption. If you ever get to the adoption mark, little saints orphanage @ palmgroove,hearts of gold hospice VI are all tested and trusted names in that field. Goodluck dear
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 27, 2011
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by maclatunji: 1:09pm On Dec 27, 2011
ifyalways:

^ you are not serious are you? What made you think "she" is interested in marriage?she should invest her resources in getting a man to marry her? Its still same people like you that would quickly remind her that you don't use "resources" to buy a husband. @ poster, search yourself very well, weigh all options, pros and cons to be sure that this is the best option for you. And if the IVF thingy does not work, you can as well think adoption. If you ever get to the adoption mark, little saints orphanage @ palmgroove,hearts of gold hospice VI are all tested and trusted names in that field. Goodluck dear

When I said she should invest her resources in finding a good man, I did not say she should buy a husband with gifts. She could find a professional marriage counselling/dating agency. She could even use a paid marriage counselling/dating website that has proven to work for other people. A woman can search for a man that will make her happy if she has the resources at her disposal. I
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by agiboma(f): 4:43pm On Dec 27, 2011
Well its your life so you live it how you like. But its nice when children have a father they can look up too. It would be really hard raising the baby on your own. I have a son and currently my relationship is not the best but i made a choice to say for my son's sake. Think well befor you do this, but woman to woman motherhood is the best thing i have ever done with my life so far.

1 Like

Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by otokx(m): 5:06pm On Dec 27, 2011
I think mrbrownjay has answered the question.
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by jumlamoss: 5:08pm On Dec 27, 2011
Thank you for your responses. I do appreciate the feedback
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by agiboma(f): 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

lady, there is absolutely nothing wrong with how you feel and how you want to go about this issue, so long as you are financially/emotionally and physically able to care for a child. you should disregard how people will view you(or your actions) and focus on living your life the best YOU see fit.

here is what MBJ thinks you should do, instead of going to Fluid banks (which may charge you a heavy fee for their services which are NOT 100% sure to work):
first and foremost, create a new email address and buy yourself a new sim card. put an ad online, be simple and direct:"late 30s lady looking for a big cokc to please me during my fertile moments". . . . . .  the big cokc part is just to make the matter more pleasurable for you too, lol! let them know (from the get go) that you expect to get pregnant, but also want to have some fun along the way. no strings attached, no "daddy" needed.

you will have a few 100 replies. study the applicants, their work, age, intelligence etc for a few months till you get down to a few dozen. any uneducated broke a[b]s[/b]s guy should be deleted asap. make sure that you accompany each and everyone of them for their AIDS test at 2 separate screening 3 months apart (yeah it is not a quick process). when you are ready and in your ovulating period, get a hotel room for the whole duration and have the mandingo brothers do their jobs. one in the morning, the other in the afternoon and the next one at night (3 days in a row) i will be very surprised if not one of them get you pregnant! et voila!

btw you may want to name your first born after me, lol!

are you serious? your post made me laugh
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by iice(f): 2:59pm On Dec 28, 2011
Do you have a good support system?
Friends, family?
You will need those in our society.
I'm with MBJ on this. If you can emotionally, mentally, financially support the child then by all means.
A husband or male specimen doesn't maketh a 'father/role' figure/model.
Better to be without than the one that is gallivanting up and down drinking, having mistresses, beating the woman all the name of 'male' figure.
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by maclatunji: 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2011
iice:

Do you have a good support system?
Friends, family?
You will need those in our society.
I'm with MBJ on this. If you can emotionally, mentally, financially support the child then by all means.
A husband or male specimen doesn't maketh a 'father/role' figure/model.
Better to be without than the one that is gallivanting up and down drinking, having mistresses, beating the woman all the name of 'male' figure.

I can't believe you guys are trying to downplay the role of a father in a child's life. It is true that a lot of men are irresponible, but you don't go looking to have a child as a woman with the knowledge that the child may never have a chance of knowing his/her father. That is a most selfish thing any woman can do and believe me she will regret it in her latter days.

OP, find yourself a decent man, I did not say the perfect man, get married to him and by the grace of God, you will have children who will have the love of both parents. You are an adult and you can do this, it is the right thing to do.

I know you want to enjoy the joys of motherhood but it comes with the responsibility of acting in the interest of your child or children. If you have given-up on men (which is rather sad); you should adopt a child then, not this 5perm donation nonsense. It hardly ends well.
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by iice(f): 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2011
maclatunji:

I can't believe you guys are trying to downplay the role of a father in a child's life. It is true that a lot of men are irresponible, but you don't go looking to have a child as a woman with the knowledge that the child may never have a chance of knowing his/her father. That is a most selfish thing any woman can do and believe me she will regret it in her latter days.

No one is downplaying the role of a father. The right role model is different from just being there because a person is male.
It is equally selfish for a mother to subjugate a child to emotional and physical trauma that can probably scar the person for the whole life all in the name of having a man regardless of who he is (based on solely him being a man) in a man's life. Hence the support system, being emotionally and mentally ready. That takes care of guidance, explanations.

Some people are better off without children just as some are better off without some parents. Some are better off with step parents or adoptive parents. Atleast this one gets a mother who loves him/her unlike that those that throw babies into the bin, under the bridge, in the river. Meanwhile others are convinced to abort for their male companions.

What does 'go on looking for a child as a woman mean?
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by maclatunji: 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2011
iice:

No one is downplaying the role of a father. The right role model is different from just being there because a person is male.
It is equally selfish for a mother to subjugate a child to emotional and physical trauma that can probably scar the person for the whole life all in the name of having a man regardless of who he is (based on solely him being a man) in a man's life. Hence the support system, being emotionally and mentally ready. That takes care of guidance, explanations.

Some people are better off without children just as some are better off without some parents. Some are better off with step parents or adoptive parents. Atleast this one gets a mother who loves him/her unlike that those that throw babies into the bin, under the bridge, in the river. Meanwhile others are convinced to abort for their male companions.

What does 'go on looking for a child as a woman mean?

What does 'go on looking for a child as a woman mean?[/color]

I mean a woman should never deliberately seek to conceive a child with the intention of leaving the child fatherless- by that I mean without access to his/her biological father.

Having a father who is irresponsible is different from not knowing your father at all because your mother thought-it fit to delete him from your life. It is an unforgiveable crime and quite frankly I am disappointed at those of you that are encouraging it.

OP, take my words. If you do it, you willl regret it even if you give that child the world, one day he/she will ask you: where is my father? Why can't I know him or his family? If you lie to the child then, know that you are damned from earth here as the child will still know the truth later and hate you with a passion. You wouldn't want that.
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by iice(f): 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2011
maclatunji:

What does 'go on looking for a child as a woman mean?[/color]

I mean a woman should never deliberately seek to conceive a child with the intention of leaving the child fatherless- by that I mean without access to his/her biological father.

Ok.

Anyways, it's all about the OP's stance.
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by ifyalways(f): 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2011
@OP,I noticed a fertility center today,they might be of help.Its called "Nordica fertility center" and their advertised website is www.nordiclagos.org.
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by tpia5: 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2011
Has the op considered adoption?

Unless you're overseas, its a bit risky raising a child without a father.

And why have you given up on men?

Granted sometimes its easier to do that but with God and prayer all things are possible.

Have you prayed?
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by Tsiya(m): 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2011
Going to sperm banks, hm, spend a lot of money and the probability of getting a sperm of a guy with questionable genes is 50/50.

i dont know where u from, but if you were from northern nigeria (which i doubt), it is very possible to get a respectable father for your child, since polygamy is widely practiced. Getting a husband is very easy since you re financially ok and wouldnt add any burden to him. I aslo know that churches and mosques in northern nigeria normally help in arranging marriages, and your interest will be very well protected, men of questionable character and family background could easily be wed out.
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2011
agiboma:

are you serious? your post made me laugh

yes i was serious about that.

maclatunji:

OP, find yourself a decent man, I did not say the perfect man, get married to him and by the grace of God, you will have children who will have the love of both parents. You are an adult and you can do this, it is the right thing to do.

I know you want to enjoy the joys of motherhood but it comes with the responsibility of acting in the interest of your child or children. If you have given-up on men (which is rather sad); you should adopt a child then, not this 5perm donation nonsense. It hardly ends well.

pls care to tell us what would be the difference if she has a child without a father present (if thats what she wishes) AND adopting a child and raising it by herself?! in either case there will be NO father present.

also, dont forget that she clearly stated that she wanted a child OF HER OWN.

the OP has all the right to give up on marriage (or men) if she wishes to do so, and she should therefore use whatever options at her disposition to sort her desires (so long as she doesnt do anything criminal). it's all about being honest with what she wants.

Tsiya:

Going to Fluid banks, hm, spend a lot of money and the probability of getting a Fluid of a guy with questionable genes is 50/50.

i dont know where u from, but if you were from northern nigeria (which i doubt), it is very possible to get a respectable father for your child, since polygamy is widely practiced. Getting a husband is very easy since you re financially ok and wouldnt add any burden to him. I aslo know that churches and mosques in northern nigeria normally help in arranging marriages, and your interest will be very well protected, men of questionable character and family background could easily be wed out.

after what the poster has wrote, you still want to hook her up as a second wife or in an arranged marriage? where did you read that she had problems meeting men? she is no too kin on marriage any longer, and that is all good if that is what she desires.
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by Tsiya(m): 12:04am On Dec 30, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

yes i was serious about that.

pls care to tell us what would be the difference if she has a child without a father present (if thats what she wishes) AND adopting a child and raising it by herself?! in either case there will be NO father present.

also, dont forget that she clearly stated that she wanted a child OF HER OWN.

the OP has all the right to give up on marriage (or men) if she wishes to do so, and she should therefore use whatever options at her disposition to sort her desires (so long as she doesnt do anything criminal). it's all about being honest with what she wants.

after what the poster has wrote, you still want to hook her up as a second wife or in an arranged marriage? where did you read that she had problems meeting men? she is no too kin on marriage any longer, and that is all good if that is what she desires.

The marriage can be done on contractual basis. What i have seen done on numerous occasion is for the husband to be a visiting husband. no string attached apart from the sex. she have the right to terminate the marriage if any contractual agreement is breach.

anyway, her own case is really difficult solve.
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 30, 2011
Tsiya:

The marriage can be done on contractual basis. What i have seen done on numerous occasion is for the husband to be a visiting husband. no string attached apart from the sex. she have the right to terminate the marriage if any contractual agreement is breach.

anyway, her own case is really difficult solve.

so what you are implying is that she MUST be married before having a kid, even if she has NO DESIRE for marriage? what exactly is the marriage going to solve, if i may ask? or are you the type of people that believe that a single mother is automatically a "bad" woman?
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by Tsiya(m): 12:24am On Dec 30, 2011
no, im not saying marriage is a must.

what I am saying is, assuming she is from Northern Nigeria, there is an easy way out without the hassles of going through the sperm donor syndicate.

I do not believe that a single mother is a bad woman, but sometimes fate could be cruel. i have read stories of children deserting their mothers for not knowing the identity of their fathers. i have seen adverts of children looking for their fathers. Life could be cruel. it is better for her to have a known person as a father than some faceless laboratory specimen
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 30, 2011
Tsiya:

no, im not saying marriage is a must.

what I am saying is, assuming she is from Northern Nigeria, there is an easy way out without the hassles of going through the Fluid donor syndicate.

couldnt she just find a nice guy(s) and have s[b]e[/b]x with him(them)? is that too difficult "in the north"? do ONLY married people have s[b]e[/b]x "in the north"?

I do not believe that a single mother is a bad woman, but sometimes fate could be cruel. i have read stories of children deserting their mothers for not knowing the identity of their fathers. i have seen adverts of children looking for their fathers. Life could be cruel. it is better for her to have a known person as a father than some faceless laboratory specimen

no sane child would desert his mother for no reason. there are gazillions of single mothers who have brought up well educated and mannered children. yes life would be better if you have 2 LOVING parents but it is not an insurance of a LOVING UPBRINGING. this woman will have to make some choices in her life and LIVE with the consequences of these choices.
better be single and happy rather than married and miserable.
Re: Single And Desperate For A Baby by HISchild: 6:50am On Dec 30, 2011
@op, If it all possible, try to be reconciled unto to your husband because there is to be no divorce for any reason, it is until "death do you part".

"And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife." - 1 Co 7:10-11

After this, pray / beg The Lord GOD for a child and according to HIS will HE will bless you. "With GOD all things are possible". Sarah had a child at the age of 99 (Rom_4:19). If not, its isn't bad to adopt, in so doing you give the child a home and a family. May GOD bless you.
-----------

"Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." - Matt 19:6

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Mother And Daughter Gives Birth Same Week For The Same Man / Is This Guy Foolish Or Wise? / He Just Sued The School System.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.