Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

IS this company Legitimate? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / IS this company Legitimate? (2540 Views)

10 Ways To Prove You're A Legitimate Online Based Business / To Get Legitimate Credit Cards in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IS this company Legitimate? by pixeleo: 3:53pm On Oct 03, 2007
Hello guys,

I am from Philippines.

I just wanted to know if this company is legitimate.
Can anybody help me to call this company, i just want to make it sure they are legitimate before i proceed with our legal transaction.

heres the company details they give me.

ELLY FINANCIAL HOME COMPANY
Plot 125, FCT, Abuja , Nigeria .
Ref: EA-ASL/941OYI/02/LN-NGR
SSL: 12/25/0034
GOVERNMENT ACCREDITED LICENSED!!
Elly Lending Firm IS REGISTERED
UNDER THE DATA PROTECTION ACT OF: MOF
Registration (Z720633X).
TELL:+234-807-752-2241

Also please ask about their email address, in this way i will know, that i am talking to the right person in that firm, somebody might be using their company, so i need to know.

I need somebody to help me on this matter, and if our transaction is successful i will give some rewards to the honest person.

You can send me email at mindestate@yahoo.com or just reply in this thread.

Thank you guys and God BLess.
Re: IS this company Legitimate? by abhosts(m): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2007
It looks very much like a Scam. You better stay away from that fake company. Even the Grammartical errors will demonstrate that this is a scheming of a low-life crook.
Re: IS this company Legitimate? by pixeleo: 1:58am On Oct 04, 2007
I tried to email Union Bank of Nigeria, and they have confirm that it is legitimate one. But I'm not sure if the email I got is from the real website of Union Bank of Nigeria( http://www.unionbankng.com) - info@unionbankng.com.
Re: IS this company Legitimate? by naira4doll(m): 3:42am On Oct 04, 2007
abhosts:

It looks very much like a Scam. You better stay away from that fake company. Even the Grammartical errors will demonstrate that this is a scheming of a low-life crook.

abhosts, how could u be so sure, why judge just by looking at the name? The guy said we should help me to research not to confuse him with your feeling.
Anyway, me I've never heard of the company before but it is really very wise of u for wanting to verify.
Re: IS this company Legitimate? by pixeleo: 2:53pm On Oct 04, 2007
I know there are lots of scams in the net these days, but out of 100 there are few legit ones.
So i just want to know they are the legit one, the owner of that is Lady Eme Ufot Ekaette (please also verify this, )

I hope someone here in nairaland will lend a helping hand.

God Bless you all.
Re: IS this company Legitimate? by babaife(m): 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2007
@ pixeleo

I will advice that you halt all transaction with this company for this reasons:

1. there is no address in FCT like plot 125 FCT, abuja. it means there cant be a physical verification of their office
2. there is no registered financial service provider company by that name in nigeria. you may send an email to the central bank of nigeria, the nigerian stock exchange to confirm
3. the company did not quote his landline. every responsible company in nigeria has a landline managed by at least a receptionist.

so i again advice that you halt all transaction with this company, cos it appears this A SCAM
Re: IS this company Legitimate? by seyibrown(f): 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2007
Me thinks PIXELEO himself is a scam!
Re: IS this company Legitimate? by Kaestro(m): 10:43pm On Oct 15, 2007
@
seyibrown:

Me thinks PIXELEO himself is a scam!
Gba o,I second that, UFOT EKAETE
Re: IS this company Legitimate? by egoldman(m): 8:10am On Oct 16, 2007
You are wise to ask around first b4 going into any biz with this people , as one poster said , the fact that all they offer as contact number is a mobile phone , its most likely that they are scammers .
you are a prove that people can avoid scam if they are are not greedy , the fact you have asked around means there is very little chance that you would be sacmmed with this , unlike the greedy ones who would jump in at once .
Re: IS this company Legitimate? by emal(m): 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2007
You a very wise and lucky man.
IT is scam.
I is obvious.
But tell us what were you discussing with them?
Re: IS this company Legitimate? by pixeleo: 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2007
thanks for all the responses guys, appreciate it a lot.
off course i have to be smart, i know there lots of scammers in nigeria so i decided to ask first about it.

In fact the i dont know that its a mobile phone they have provided.

Emal: My transaction with them is regarding on Website Development. I am website designer and Internet savvy guy and I know all about this 419 scams, since i know most of the scams are existing in nigeria, i dont have the second thought of asking first in nairaland, that is why i have come up with this thread.

Again guys, thanks for the messages.

And if you or your friends are looking for a website developer I'm just here to contact.

seyibrown,Kaestro: Great message, at least you have contributed something. smiley
Re: IS this company Legitimate? by dafidixone(m): 12:05pm On Oct 23, 2007
Tell them to send you their CAC Registration number. We will verify and get you the detail of those who owns the Company and their genuity. Call 08033979979 for this service.
Re: IS this company Legitimate? by lizie11: 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2007
Hi to all of you,

I'm from the Philippines and i just want to ask opinion if this company is really legitimate. I'm buying a laptop and they are offering a low rate. I checked the name of the company in www.dnb.com and it is there but they have no webpage.

Re: IS this company Legitimate? by omogidi234(m): 2:30pm On Nov 12, 2007
Hi Guys, i am lawyer and I must say i appreciate the angle at which dafidixone is looking at this. Please if any Nigerian company want to transact business with you, i don't think it is harmful to ask for its registration No, so that you can instruct people or lawyers to conduct a search on the company at the CAC ABUJA, its directors, shareholders, registered address e.t.c these are the factors any foreigner should consider before going into business with any Nigerian company. Please note that a company's name does not suggest it is fake or scam until you have all those details.

(1) (Reply)

Tokunbo Car Batteries / Bulk SMS- What Many SMS Providers Will Not Tell You / Get A Professional Catfish Farming Business Plan To Source For Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.