Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Need Help With Faulty Fuel Indicator And Check Engine Icon Of Peugeot 306 Wagon - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Need Help With Faulty Fuel Indicator And Check Engine Icon Of Peugeot 306 Wagon (2100 Views)

Toks 2002 Peugeot 306 Wagon @ 650k / Very Clean Peugeot 306 (wagon) For Sale***Price reduced*** / 2002 Model Very Clean Peugeot 306 For Sale.450k With Pics,2 Airbags,a .c (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With Faulty Fuel Indicator And Check Engine Icon Of Peugeot 306 Wagon by abouaisha: 2:37pm On Dec 26, 2011
hi,i just bought a used peugeot 306 1.4 engine wagon model.ive changed the engine,given it a new paint of coat,infact done major repairs and its working well except for two things.one its fuel indicator seems to be misbehaving.even with my tank full,it doesnt give an accurate picture of my fuel gauge.and this means even when i do have fuel,i fill her up to avoid any hassles while driving.can i get some tips on how to correct this anomaly?second,its check engine indicator even after starting the engine doesnt go off.from the manual,it says if this symbol doesnt go off it means there is a fault with either the injector or ignition.ive only changed the fuel pump and im not sure if this is responsible but the fuel pump works ok although it is a tokunbo pump ,i think the type used for one of these six valve engines.any tips would be appreciated.asides these two for now,the car fires well.ive attached a pix of the exact model,petrol engine, of the car.

Re: Need Help With Faulty Fuel Indicator And Check Engine Icon Of Peugeot 306 Wagon by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 26, 2011
^^^ The fuel pump on all petrol-engined Peugeot 306 models lives in the fuel tank. Replacement involves removing the complete fuel delivery unit (fuel gauge sender and pump). If you bend the sender float rod, you'll never get an accurate reading.

If it's bent upwards, the gauge will under-read. If it's bent downwards, the gauge will over-read. It's very difficult to restore the original profile of the float rod, unless it's perfectly straight from the factory. If it has a series of curves, it's almost impossible to restore the original profile, unless you have another one to look at. I would advice you purchase a new one (not used).

Care must also be taken when installing a new pump, and re-fitting the fuel gauge sender. The assembly is designed to fit in one position only - there may be an arrow on the circular plastic top, and the hole in floor of the car, these must be perfectly aligned. If there are no markings, then make one with a felt pen - itt doesn't matter where, as long as you can use them for reference when re-fitting. Care must also be taken, that the float is free to rise and fall without being obstructed by the supply / return fuel lines.

As for your check engine light, get the system scanned. The car is OBD compliant for a reason - to prevent guess work, trial and error. Most likely issues are a faulty O2 sensor, MAF or intermittent crankshaft sensor (CKP).

(1) (Reply)

Tokunbo 2006 Range Rover Spor @6.3m And Registered 2007 Range Rover Sport / 2007 Toyota Avalon With Leather Interior,navigation And Thumbstart / Very Sharp Accident Free 01 Camry For Sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.