Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

If Nigeria Breaks-up! Who Wins? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Breaks-up! Who Wins? (4153 Views)

The North Will Keep Ilorin and Offa If Nigeria Breaks, Junaid Warns Yorubas / Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / If Nigeria Breaks Up What Will You Miss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nigeria Breaks-up! Who Wins? by dayokanu(m): 9:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
Eziachi: §In our culture, committing suicide is not an option.

Fleeing is a better option? I laugh at genetic cowardice
Re: If Nigeria Breaks-up! Who Wins? by Eziachi: 9:16pm On Oct 04, 2012
Wallie: I guess it will depend on how the country splits up. If we go by the 6 geopolitical zones, each zone will face a unique set of challenges but most important determinant of success in today’s world will be education, good governance and peace.

Any zone that depends on “easy” money will turn into a war zone because the country will be too small to avoid easy manipulation.

1. North-Central - Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, and Abuja.
2. North-Eastern - Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba and Yobe.
3. North-Western - Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara.
4. South-Eastern - Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, and Imo.
5. South-South - Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo and Rivers.
6. South-Western - Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo.

The SE will have a major problem because they’re landlocked and will have no choice but to get along with their SS brothers if they want to survive. There is no way to get food into the area and finished goods out of the area without going through SS. The North Central zone provides an alternative route but the cost of transportation will make things too expensive to buy or sell.

SS will probably have the greatest challenge of being a successful country because the place is awash with guns and there’s easy money to be made from oil by companies and selfish individuals. If the country breaks up, any small military can wreck havoc to the place. Every single company that’s already a player in Africa’s oil will be jostling for oil contracts and you better believe that they will fund insurrection by the opposition party or local warlords. Do you really think SS can defend itself if a company like Shell funds a coup with the likes of Dokubo Asari against their new President? Where will they get their military from, mercenaries from Sierra Leone? The country will be another Sudan in the making!

The northern zones suffer from low education and arid land but will probably do ok because they typically follow their leader’s rule. They will easily find trading partners for their food but without massive investment in education, it will be hard for them to become a prosperous state.

The SW will probably have it the easiest as long as they can get access to food, which shouldn't be a problem because of the sea ports and airports. However, I think the SE and SW will probably form a very close alliance because the SW will dlocked the tax base and people in the SE zone care more about their entrepreneurial success than fulfilling an ideological dream that is sure to stifle them. Most Igbos are entrepreneurial by nature, why would they want to be restricted to a small landlocked zone that will make it almost impossible for them to do what they do best, which is to trade?

Who will ultimately win if Nigeria breaks up? Those in power in their respective countries because they will rule and steal with impunity and it would be almost impossible to challenge them electorally, judicially, and financially.
If you think Biafra is landlocked, are we airlocked too?
And why must Biafra be restricted in their land?
Why is Nigerians now residing all over the world, instead of BEING restricted to their enclave, according to your great wisdom?
It show the low level of reasoning of many of you. Somalia is not landlocked, I can see how they are leading the world in their sea world.
Its not what you got is issue, it what you do with it.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Breaks-up! Who Wins? by Eziachi: 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
dayokanu:

Fleeing is a better option? I laugh at genetic cowardice
Trust me, Fleeing is far wise than suicide.
Abiola should have tried it, rather than allowed to be snuffed by nomads and guess what? The fleeing general got a king burial in the end. With your leaders falling over themselves to pay their respect.
Wisdom is an asset. Not everyone got it.

3 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Breaks-up! Who Wins? by dayokanu(m): 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
No wonder why he was tagged a coward even in death cos No self respecting warlord leading an army would flee warfront leaving his subjects to die.
Re: If Nigeria Breaks-up! Who Wins? by Wallie(m): 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
Eziachi:
Why is Nigerians now residing all over the world, instead of BEING restricted to their enclave, according to your great wisdom?
It show the low level of reasoning of many of you. Somalia is not landlocked, I can see how they are leading the world in their sea world.

I do not think SE is landlocked; it is a fact that it is landlocked. What I wrote was based on the premise of a non-amicable dissolution of Nigeria, which will most likely be the case since the dissolution will become extremely messy.

If Nigeria dissolves, what do you do with people’s property in a different zone? Also, do you think people in power will willingly give up “free” oil money for hard labor on the farm without a fight? Can you explain exactly how the dissolution will work?

By the way, traveling over a country by air requires permission from that country. You cannot just fly a plane over the SS unless they give you permission to do so.

I most certainly do agree that it is not what you have that gives you the potential of being successful but how you manage what you have. However, there are some countries that no matter how hard they try, their success will still be mediocre, at most! A perfect example is another landlocked country, Niger. They lack the land, education, and weather to be anything more than a mediocre country. It’s not entirely their fault but the hand they were dealt.
Re: If Nigeria Breaks-up! Who Wins? by T9ksy(m): 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
Eziachi: §
My people syas that a small snake seen by one man always turn into a a pyton afterward.
You read in a book and I was there in person. That is the difference.
Like I have told your tribal brother you had just taken his seat, we don't in any way bothered about what you think or even how you feel.
Ikemba is the greatest Igboman living and dead. You are free to feel slighted till the next 100 hundred years, how you feel is non issue to Biafrans.
In our culture, committing suicide is not an option.

The book (in question) was written by your commanding officer, Alexander Madiebo. Are you calling Madiebo, a liar?

Clearly someone is telling tall tales here-either you or Madiebo/ojukwu is a liar!

All na ibos, anyway!!!
Re: If Nigeria Breaks-up! Who Wins? by T9ksy(m): 9:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
Eziachi:

Ol' boy, once you actualised your Biafra, ibos instantly becomes alien in my region and as such will require visa to set foot

in any part of yorubaland, including Lagos which they ignorantly claim, they own.
Re: If Nigeria Breaks-up! Who Wins? by Eziachi: 10:01pm On Oct 04, 2012
Wallie:

I do not think SE is landlocked; it is a fact that it is landlocked. What I wrote was based on the premise of a non-amicable dissolution of Nigeria, which will most likely be the case since the dissolution will become extremely messy.

If Nigeria dissolves, what do you do with people’s property in a different zone? Also, do you think people in power will willingly give up “free” oil money for hard labor on the farm without a fight? Can you explain exactly how the dissolution will work?

By the way, traveling over a country by air requires permission from that country. You cannot just fly a plane over the SS unless they give you permission to do so.

I most certainly do agree that it is not what you have that gives you the potential of being successful but how you manage what you have. However, there are some countries that no matter how hard they try, their success will still be mediocre, at most! A perfect example is another landlocked country, Niger. They lack the land, education, and weather to be anything more than a mediocre country.
It’s not entirely their fault but the hand they were dealt.
Thanks for your facts and that is why I ask you Mr fact, whether we are airlocked too? When the time come, we will ask those well developed countries today that are equally landlocked how they are coping. If the worse comes to worse, we wil come and beg you for life.
You should know. What happens to people property is the same thing that is happening to their properties now in Cameroon, Ghana, Gabon, Benin Rep'. The same thing that happens to Yoruba, Igbo, Huasa property today in England.
Or we will ask Georgians, Ukranians, Lithuanians what happens to their properties in Russia and Russians too. Or we will wait and see what happens to Scottish people's properties in England if Scotland they decide to leave the union in 2014 referendum.
By the way, Niger has more steady power than your sea-side Nigeria. Try and find other landlocked nations, not just the one you fancy to mention.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Breaks-up! Who Wins? by Wallie(m): 10:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
Eziachi:
Thanks for your facts and that is why I ask you Mr fact, whether we are airlocked too? When the time come, we will ask those well developed countries today that are equally landlocked how they are coping. If the worse comes to worse, we wil come and beg you for life.
You should know. What happens to people property is the same thing that is happening to their properties now in Cameroon, Ghana, Gabon, Benin Rep'. The same thing that happens to Yoruba, Igbo, Huasa property today in England.
Or we will ask Georgians, Ukranians, lithuanians what happens to their properties in Russia and Russians too.
By the way, Niger has more steady power than your sea-side Nigeria. Try and find other landlocked nations, not just the one you fancy to mention.

Is that that thing called "sarcasm" I detect in your tone? smiley I think that you’re misdirecting your “anger” towards the wrong person. I don’t really have a dog in the fight except for the general well-being of Nigerians. Dissolving the country does not affect me at all as my loved ones still in Nigeria do not rely on the government for their daily meals.

As for me personally, I find it too terrifying to travel within Nigeria and as such, only travel to Lagos and Abuja. And when I do come to Nigeria, as of the last several years, I rarely stay more than a week.

If anything, I’m rooting for Nigeria to break up or the oil dry up because I believe that’s needed to wake the country up!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'll Prove My Innocence & Wont Seek Presidential Pardon - Bode George / Is Mark Zuckerberg David Rockefeller’s Grandson? / We Don Port To PDP Because Of Barcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.