Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Restructuring Nigeria Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring Nigeria Police (463 Views)

Restructuring Nigeria And Fighting Corruption'which Is More Urgent? / PDP Constitutes Youth Restructuring Committee - SEE FULL LIST / NNPC Restructuring: Northerners May Take Juicy Positions-tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Restructuring Nigeria Police by rage01: 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2011
Should I have the ears of the President and leaders of both chambers of the national assembly, which are the most important sectors I will advise them to reform? Without doubt, it is security (policing) and the judiciary. The judiciary in this country does not serve the people or justice and such reference to them as the last hope of the common man is nothing but a fat lie. But this write up is on the problems of Policing because the problem is coming closer home every day. If we do nothing, then you and I may just become victims someday!

The other day, President Jonathan asserted that the nation is not ripe or mature for state police. So what are his alternatives because the status quo is just not working? If he is not for state police, then he must come out with a structure that will dramatically alter the status quo. And what is the status quo? A police force that is alien and does not see itself as part of the community it is meant to protect, a police force that is antagonistic and not receptive to information from the public, a force that extorts money from the public, a force that is angry with the public knowing that the public does not like them, a force that is under paid and under trained, a force that is derided by the public, a force, the value of the lives of whose personnel is of little value to the government and people, a force infiltrated by criminals and some of the lowest elements in society, a force that is overburdened, distracted and under equipped, a force that is not serving Nigeria.

The above are just a few of the problems of the Nigerian Police. I support creation of state police. But I do accept that there are arguments against it and that the President does not want it. In that light, I am offering alternatives on restructuring the police while retaining its federal nature.
For more information on the alternatives please go to www.myveego.com

(1) (Reply)

New Information Site / What If There Was Never A Fuel Subsidy? / So Have We Seen The Last Of Protests?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.