Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,779 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader (6221 Views)

Calls For NYPD Chokehold Investigation Grow After Funeral For Eric Garner / North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State / North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by mukina2: 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2011
Snow and tears mark funeral for North Korean leader

SEOUL (Reuters) - The world watched anxiously on Wednesday as North Korea staged a huge funeral in the capital, Pyongyang, for former leader Kim Jong-il, searching for signs of what to expect from the isolated nation that may be close to attaining nuclear weapons capacity.

Bleak pictures from state television showed a funeral cortege led by a limousine carrying a huge picture of the 69-year old, who died on December 17, passing serried ranks of olive green-clad soldiers whose bare heads were bowed in homage in the main square of the snow-covered capital.

A hearse carrying the coffin was led by a weeping Kim Jong-un, the son and heir, accompanied by Jang Song-thaek, his uncle and a key power-broker in the transition, and Ri Yong-ho, the army chief of staff.

"Seeing this white snow fall has made me think of the general's efforts and this brings tears to my eyes," Seo Ju-rim, a red-cheeked, weeping female soldier, told North Korean television, referring to Kim.

One of the myths surrounding Kim Jong-il was that he could control the weather and state media has reported unusually cold and wild weather accompanying his death.
Video showed weeping civilians who swayed with grief and shouted "father, father" as black Lincoln and Mercedes limousines and army trucks streamed past the crowds. It was not clear whether the pictures were live or recorded.

"I wished it was a dream, how can this be true," sobbed one middle-aged woman named Kim. "How can anything like this ever happen in the world?"
Kim Jong-un will become the third member of the family to run the unpredictable North Asian country as it enters 2012, the year that was supposed to mark its self-proclaimed transformation into a "strong and prosperous" nation.

Larry Niksch, who has tracked North Korea for the nonpartisan U.S. Congressional Research Service for 43 years, believes it could take as little as one to two years to have a working nuclear missile once the North produced enough highly enriched uranium for the warhead's core fuel.

The prospect of an untested leader, believed to be in his late 20s, having nuclear capacity has alarmed many.

"Yes, we are watching and will be analyzing how any changes can be reflected in our policy," a South Korean government official said. He was not authorized to speak to the media, so could not be identified.

http://news.yahoo.com/funeral-north-korean-leader-amid-worry-future-000414786.html
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Afam4eva(m): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2011
I want to believe it was a weeping olympics.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by omaojo1: 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2011
Festival of tears
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by superior1: 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2011
mass hysteria
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Akwasi(m): 4:47pm On Dec 28, 2011
Everyone will eventually leave. Think about how you treat others.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Gentleboby: 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2011
First of its kind,
If JEG can take us to promise land we would commemorate his time.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by otokx(m): 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2011
propaganda; a country whose leadership passes from grandfather to father to son has not much to offer.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Gentleboby: 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2011
propaganda; a country whose leadership passes from grandfather to father to son has not much to offer.

That is African mentality, Always making an excuse note love seen beyond father and son ruling.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 28, 2011
the choreographing was unbelievable
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by 27naira(m): 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2011
Gentleboby:

First of its kind,
If JEG can take us to promise land we would commemorate his time.

grin with knockouts and fireworks and lots of pints and brews
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by gbogboti: 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2011
HAVE BEING FOLLOWING THIS NORTH KOREA STUFF SINCE THE DAY THE OLD MAN DIED. AT A POINT, A CNN REPORTER WAS LIKE "SHE CAN BET THAT ALL THOSE CRIES WERE CROCODILE'S" NORTH KOREANS ARE SOMEWHAT SLAVES IN THERE OWN LAND. THAT GUY RULED THEM LIKE A WICKED KING. ALTHOUGH, SOMETIMES, IRON FIST RULING WORKS BETTER THAN DEMOCRACY LIKE THAT OF NIGERIA.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Gentleboby: 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2011
with knockouts and fireworks and lots of pints and brews

The world is always about enemy, See jealousy from South Korean b/cos N.K are making it.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by buzor(m): 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2011
watching those fools cry is the greatest comedy of d century! that guy is like a god to them. cant believe such can still happen in the 21st century!
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by otokx(m): 6:07pm On Dec 28, 2011
Gentleboby:

That is African mentality, Always making an excuse note love seen beyond father and son ruling.

Which excuse? North Korea has nothing to offer its people except hunger and death.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Gentleboby: 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2011
Which excuse? North Korea has nothing to offer its people except hunger and death.

If you watch to today's live ceremony you will understand the mind of these people weather they suffered or not from their leaders.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by KayDee4: 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2011
Comedy central in North Korea.

The weeping and wailing really cracked me up, got me LMFAO.

I was sure one of the guys i saw was actually laughing and not crying.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Tehy: 6:36pm On Dec 28, 2011
Strange how a 'whole' nation shows open grief 4 their leader who didn't do d nation much gud
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Tehy: 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2011
Strange how a 'whole' nation shows so much grief 4 their dead leader who didn't do d nation much gud
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Tehy: 6:44pm On Dec 28, 2011
@ kaydee saw worse.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by 27naira(m): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2011
Kay-Dee:

Comedy central in North Korea.

The weeping and wailing really cracked me up, got me LMFAO.

I was sure one of the guys i saw was actually laughing and not crying.

No doubt. It was all staged and ridiculous. I couldnt help but laugh at the whole demonstration. People jumping and wailing, nobody comforting the other. Perhaps, the army will 'deal' with you if you don't show enough remorse and sorrow.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by beespak7(m): 7:12pm On Dec 28, 2011
The koreans are just sheding crocodile tears, or they are sheading tears of joy  cheesy . THEIR LATE PRESIDENT THAT IMPRISONED THEM FOR SO MANY YEARS  shocked shocked na waoo The north koreans could be shot, and killed for trying to cross the border into south korea by north korean soldiers.  shocked shocked
If na me be them i go dey pop champange grin grin
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2011
You see, the events in North Korea serve as a veritable example of the effect of systematic brainwashing. How else can you explain how people who cannot feed themselves, who don't have functioning hospitals or schools (because their "beloved leader" has devoted virtually the entire budget to defence spending) can continue to worship and mourn over the very person that has inflicted such pain and misery? Can't they see for themselves how their brothers across the 38th parallel are faring?

A classic case of one people separated by ideology. Those North Koreans had better wake up and demand reunification, or else na them go dey suffer dey go while the South Koreans continue to prosper.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Naledi14(f): 8:32pm On Dec 28, 2011
Propaganda is what western media feeds people. People express thr grief no it surely must be staged! Like seriously?? North koreans where starving because they are not willing to be puppets like some nations mine included to other nations. thy wer starving because no one must have nuclear weapons except the US gosh some peoples gullability to western propaganda is astounding sometimes i feel like people are automated dolls programmed to say the exactly the same things concerning certain issues. To me those tears looked genuine maybe he wasnt the best of leaders but those tears looked real enough seriously in that could weather i would have just stayed inside my house rather go out and '' act'' like some people so easily believe.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by tomelistic(f): 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2011
i watched that funeral and is so obvious they staged those pple, it was more of 'cry or loose ur child' or 'cry or we burn dwn ur house'. how else do u want to explain these fake cries in the snow with empty stomach even if na elizabeth die tongue
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by mail4gift2(m): 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2011
Its obvious that most of you guys here don't know anything about North Korea. the only people that benefit from the Government are those that work for the Government. North Koreans don't know what is called Google, they don't use cell phones, they still think Michael Jackson is alive grin

North Korea is still in what most people call STONE AGE.

The reason why North Koreans cry during the funeral of their president is cos you will be killed if you don't, they live in fear, great fear, you can ask those that deflected to South Korea and they will tell you the REAL North Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxLBywKrTf4&feature=fvst&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3DNorth%2BKorea%26oq%3DNorth%2BKorea%26aq%3Df%26aqi%3Dg-z1g1g-z1g1g-z1g2g-s1g1g-s1%26aql%3D%26gs_sm%3De%26gs_upl%3D28810l30307l0l30652l11l6l0l0l0l0l549l549l5-1l1l0
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Sagamite(m): 11:19pm On Dec 28, 2011
The burial ceremony of one of the great leaders of our time according to people like cap28. grin
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Ibomade1: 12:06am On Dec 29, 2011
It was a cry me a river competition today.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by goggs(m): 2:09am On Dec 29, 2011
@Naledi14

can you, in all honesty, compare north and south Korea? You are talking of western propaganda, is the south not prospering? Is the north not always begging for food aid and if not given points a few nukes to the south? ais the
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Sagamite(m): 3:27am On Dec 29, 2011
Naledi14:

Propaganda is what western media feeds people. People express thr grief no it surely must be staged! Like seriously?? North koreans where starving because they are not willing to be puppets like some nations mine included to other nations. thy wer starving because no one must have nuclear weapons except the US gosh some peoples gullability to western propaganda is astounding sometimes i feel like people are automated dolls programmed to say the exactly the same things concerning certain issues. To me those tears looked genuine maybe he wasnt the best of leaders but those tears looked real enough seriously in that could weather i would have just stayed inside my house rather go out and '' act'' like some people so easily believe.

You are an ediot!

It is the West that gave them communism?

It is the West that gave them bad, heartless leaders?

It is the West that gave them a government that intentionally does not want them to be developed so a family can hold on to power?

It is the West that gave them leaders that will not let people out of the country so that they can not see how they are suffering?

It is the West that gave them leaders that only allow sycophants the rights to live in the capital (the only place where life is bearable)?

It is the West that gave them leaders that will spend money on nuclear weapons while the population starve?

You are too stewpid to be able to spot natural grief? You think it is possible for all humans in a region to have extravagant grief for such poor leaders? Not even a single sight of controlled grief and you believe it is not staged? What root vegetables do you have as brains?

You are bloody so ignorant you don't know they are likely to punish people that do not show grief? If you are North Korean, you dare stay in your house and see how your life and descendent's lives will be destroyed in seconds as the powerbrokers banish you to misery outside the capital after you are jailed for a few years.

See her mouth: 'I would have just stayed inside my house rather go out and '' act'' like some people so easily believe.'

Let them find you in your house. Let them DARE find you in your house.

Shut up and stop having opinions on things you know nothing about.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by Sagamite(m): 3:33am On Dec 29, 2011
mail4gift2:

Its obvious that most of you guys here don't know anything about North Korea. the only people that benefit from the Government are those that work for the Government. North Koreans don't know what is called Google, they don't use cell phones, they still think Michael Jackson is alive  grin

North Korea is still in what most people call STONE AGE.

The reason why North Koreans cry during the funeral of their president is cos you will be killed if you don't, they live in fear, great fear, you can ask those that deflected to South Korea and they will tell you the REAL North Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxLBywKrTf4&feature=fvst&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3DNorth%2BKorea%26oq%3DNorth%2BKorea%26aq%3Df%26aqi%3Dg-z1g1g-z1g1g-z1g2g-s1g1g-s1%26aql%3D%26gs_sm%3De%26gs_upl%3D28810l30307l0l30652l11l6l0l0l0l0l549l549l5-1l1l0

How I wish we could throw Naledi14 into the country and have her live there before she opens her mouth to talk utter crap!

Lets see whether she would know what internet is or even what a 21st century hollywood film is.
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by mechris: 3:36am On Dec 29, 2011
These guys will power has been taken from them. u call that crying or demonstration of high level idiocy?
Re: Snow And Tears Mark Funeral For North Korean Leader by NegroNtns(m): 3:36am On Dec 29, 2011
The hearse looks like a Lincoln Continental from front, am I right?  I thought Jim Jong did not like America.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela Dead 2013” : Nobel Peace Prize 1993 Killed By Internet Death Hoax / Meet South Sudan's Minister For Water Resources And Irrigation (photos) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.