Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Career With MNC That Pays Less Or Indigeneous Oil Firm Thats Pay Higher? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career With MNC That Pays Less Or Indigeneous Oil Firm Thats Pay Higher? (1135 Views)

Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff / Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? / Vacancy For A Chemical Engineer, Accountant And Sales Manager With An Oil Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career With MNC That Pays Less Or Indigeneous Oil Firm Thats Pay Higher? by djbiskit(m): 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2011
I did marine technology, and with a mutinatioinal that pay 80k, but an indigeneous oil firm is calling me as field engineer for 120k plus allowance 40k.

am really confused, coz i love maritime but the pay is not high, and currently we are internaly threatened by ur job security coz of current restructure in shipping globally. the oil firm is in ph, and considering that ph i higher in standard of living and field engineer nt realy my thing, but the pay is kul for a start, and i have groundz der coz i knw their top manager. and i can advance to the big guyz lik shell, chevron, exon mobil etc,

same time my firm right now, is a little instable with market trends, am thinking of taking the big jump into this oil servicing firm, get some experience and move on for bigger opportunity. OR i stick with my current job in lagos and pray for the big job breakthrough
Re: Career With MNC That Pays Less Or Indigeneous Oil Firm Thats Pay Higher? by yamakuza: 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2011
1. How long have you been with this 80k MNC in Lagos? Any progression?

[s]2. The indigenous firm in PH, are they offering you the same job role or something different that will diversify your CV?
[/s]
3. Where do you see yourself in the next 3 years and which offer will take you closer there?
Re: Career With MNC That Pays Less Or Indigeneous Oil Firm Thats Pay Higher? by djbiskit(m): 7:18am On Dec 29, 2011
Thanx 4 dose questions, they were actually striking. I ve been wit d MNC for 7months, I picked up very fast coz I ve prior knowledge abt shipping, the oil firm position is field engineer, in d next 3yrs I want to ve a well paid job, my home, my car and married. I intend to build a career in the oil industry but the marine or logistics sector of that field. my MNC is like a trainin school, they re nt ready to pay u dat fat pay but u wud get world class xperience, d oil firm wud diversify my engineerin knowledge and wit time I can sonsider heading der logistics or marine dept, coz dey ve one. I appreciate ur feedback
Re: Career With MNC That Pays Less Or Indigeneous Oil Firm Thats Pay Higher? by yamakuza: 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2011
^ Really dicey situation here, but i'm leaning towards PHC.
Re: Career With MNC That Pays Less Or Indigeneous Oil Firm Thats Pay Higher? by realiforj: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
i advice you go for the phc job. i see better opportunities for both career and financial growth.

goodluck

(1) (Reply)

An Era Of Humanoid Robots In The Work Place: The Biggest Threat To Job Security / Which Would You Prefer To Work With, A Male Or A Female Boss? / Attractiveness & Job-hunting: What Has Looks Got To Do With It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.