Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past (5223 Views)

A Kind Nairalander Deposited 2000k To My Account For D Fake 1k I Received Pics / Blast From The Past... / Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Roland17(m): 11:53pm On Dec 28, 2011
Its a season of giving and receiving, a season when we give and receive gifts from friends, family, loved ones and Ex's, as much as we are tempted to believe all gifts are good and acceptable, its impossible to deny that some gift are undesirable and makes u sad than happy and might torment u for a very long time angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, while some becomes wishes that have come to pass and makes you glad and excited for a very long time smiley smiley grin,

I received lots of wonderful gifts this season, especially from special friends and family, but one gift makes me wish the giver never bothered, it was a pair of undersized Multi-colored winter socks with the horn of an elf, funny enough, while i was forcing my feet into it, i fell and almost broke my arm, that got me scared and when my old aunt called to inquire if i received the gift, i smiled over the phone and told her i loved the gift, i just hope she does not try that stunt next xmas,

So what was the worst gift you received/gave to someone this season, lets share and have fun,
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Rooneyboy(m): 10:46pm On Dec 30, 2011
Gifts ke !
Mr man u must be in far away europe and obviously pretending not to be abreast with the happenings in naija.
We are talking boko haram here in naija and u
Are busy talking about gifts.
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by manny4life(m): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2011
^^^^

LOL,

Fortunately for me, I loved all that was given to meas well as what I gave; rather than give an awful gift, I sent a card with a check in it (although some say it's not thoughtful enough). Although in the past, I have on few times received awful gift --- for instance, I'm not a fan of Christmas themed items like I once received an effin Rudolph the red nosed reindeer tie and the sweater, geez that pissed the heck outta me but hey I had to thank her for it.

Bro, are you still in the Annandale/Fairfax Area?
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by moremi2008(m): 11:05pm On Dec 30, 2011
Somebody bought me a winter jacket from and had the website mail it to me directly. The jacket sucked! It must have been one of those jackets rejected by quality control because the lining was sewn on wrong and I couldn't fit my arms into it. The buttonholes were misaligned and three buttons were missing. I was so pissed off! I then had to call their customer service, print out a return label (because they stupidly don't include return labels automatically) and go find a UPS store to mail it back. They don't even give store credit so they will have to refund the gift-buyer, who may or may not go looking for another gift! It was pretty much a gift from hell!
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Parisgoodman(m): 11:39pm On Dec 30, 2011
letter bomb
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by freecocoa(f): 12:22am On Dec 31, 2011
The gifts I got were nice,I didn't give anybody anything. undecided
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by manny4life(m): 12:47am On Dec 31, 2011
freecocoa:

The gifts I got were nice,I didn't give anybody anything. undecided

You wicked o, you did not give anything, but u received? grin grin grin
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by lepasharon(f): 1:00am On Dec 31, 2011
clothes dat were too big, taking the piss! angry making me feel inadequate sad
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by InkedNerd(f): 1:17am On Dec 31, 2011
Smh, this holiday season was a complete waste of my money. For those of you who know the true origins of Christmas, I'm sure you know that it has nothing to do with the birth of Jesus. With that being said, I spent a shït load of money on these bastards only to receive $50 and a fücking perfume set angry

I have no qualms giving to family members or strangers but I'd at least expect what I was actually hoping for from my family!
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Nobody: 1:28am On Dec 31, 2011
Nothing!! angry

cos i don't celebrate christmas!! too stingy! cheesy
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Dsage1: 1:54am On Dec 31, 2011
Noting,only text message i received/sent to pple.
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by freecocoa(f): 1:57am On Dec 31, 2011
manny4life:

You wicked o, you did not give anything, but u received? grin grin grin
My brother,its not that o,I wasn't into the christmas thingy this year joor,that day sef was dryer than my normal days,I just didn't plan for it abeg,besides Its not polite to reject people's gifts na so I gats collect. No be my fault. grin
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by tEsLim(m): 2:27am On Dec 31, 2011
Gave out a lot of gifts sad. Maybe 20 to 25 people. And I got nothing back fw thank you's and some people like wtf "see wetin the yeye guy give me" , I think somebody sent me something in the mail I should expect to see that soon though. Between I remember an almost stranger client gave me a nice gift "64gb Ipad". But I didn't see it as a gift initially because you know how business people are. We met on level of business not relative/friend
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Agybabe(f): 6:14am On Dec 31, 2011
Received gift of life from God and gave love.
No one else gave me gifts, I didn't get any either.
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by megawax8: 7:24am On Dec 31, 2011
In naija,u giv and dnt receive.its a one way thing,d most u'll get is a text message.so good luck to those givers
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by itiswell1(m): 7:26am On Dec 31, 2011
Heartbreak
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 31, 2011
Gave out a lot of gift and some even in cash to friends and family. My best gift was a carton of orange juice, i loved it cos no one in my family knew about it, and i could drink it all alone. Though it ran my belly this morning! The funniest gift i got was a table salt and matchbox and tissue paper, am a guy for crying out loud, but i still appreciated the hands that gave me. That was my xmas!
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by MuNeme(m): 7:41am On Dec 31, 2011
A packet of Cigar and auto lighter from a crazy friend even when I don't smoke
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Barrywhite8620: 8:58am On Dec 31, 2011
MuNeme:

A packet of Cigar and auto lighter from a crazy friend even when I don't smoke

den,that your friend must have done a nice job

like me,i received nothing(except text messages)which i don't gbadun embarassed
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by jpphilips(m): 9:06am On Dec 31, 2011
The gifts I got were nice,I didn't give anybody anything.[quote][/quote]

re you a pentecostal church?
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 31, 2011
Agybabe:

Received gift of life from God and gave love.
No one else gave me gifts, I didn't get any either.

Giving and receiving gifts is a christmas tradition and has nothing to do with christianity. So I kinda wonder where the post above comes from! While I don't celebrate christmas, I do encourage the giving and receiving of gifts. I gave a number of gifts. . . .a jewelry box, several cinema treats, bottles of wine. . . .I think the worst I gave must be "ice cream"! But girls love ice cream anywayz, and often kill for it. . .so it might be such a good gift after all. Worst I received was from a girl I've been trying to chyk. . .a perfume, "212 for women". I had to give it out to my sis! undecided
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by sniperwolf(m): 9:59am On Dec 31, 2011
Boko Haram was an outstanding gift
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by vivika(f): 10:55am On Dec 31, 2011
I received a wrench from my granddad who thought it was time i picked up his plumbing skills being that i was born into a family of 6boys grin grin grin grin
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Roland17(m): 12:32pm On Dec 31, 2011
manny4life:

^^^^
Bro, are you still in the Annandale/Fairfax Area?

I spend more time in New York now, but i visit Annandale , nice to hear from u after a long while, hope u are doing good.
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Roland17(m): 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2011
moremi2008:

Somebody bought me a winter jacket from Overstock.com and had the website mail it to me directly. The jacket sucked! It must have been one of those jackets rejected by quality control because the lining was sewn on wrong and I couldn't fit my arms into it. The buttonholes were misaligned and three buttons were missing. I was so pissed off! I then had to call their customer service, print out a return label (because they stupidly don't include return labels automatically) and go find a UPS store to mail it back. They don't even give store credit so they will have to refund the gift-buyer, who may or may not go looking for another gift! It was pretty much a gift from hell!

I can't help but laugh grin grin
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Roland17(m): 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2011
it is well:

Heartbreak

Thats a very sour gift there, i hope it becomes an experience u can make use of in the future, just be strong, it is well
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2011
Gave: $5K, Diapers, baby lotion, baby food, few shoes,toys and clothes donation to 2 different orphanage homes in Nigeria.

Doubled everything on my lil girl's list smiley

Received the most precious gift(s) from my mom- - - my 1st-14th birthday party DVD + a bible signed by one of em popular Rev Fr in Rome time to study the bible haha.

I planned donating blood to Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center on Christmas day but for some reasons I couldn't make it.

Christmas is all about giving nothing gives me more joy than giving to the people that really need that help. It doesn't mean you're super rich. Look around you, there's people you're better than n that lil gift from u would mean the whole world worth of gift to them.

Worst gift: a photo of me and my ex gf in a well packaged christmas ribbon sent to me from her with apple ipod 4th generation loaded with my favorite music. #wondering what's all about.
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by moremi2008(m): 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2011
REALITY101:

Worst gift: a photo of me and my ex gf in a well packaged christmas ribbon sent to me from her with apple ipod 4th generation loaded with my favorite music. #wondering what's all about.

Was the ipod used or new? Did you check it for explosives or poison ivy?
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Beync(f): 8:01pm On Dec 31, 2011
I dont celebrate christmas.
But i must say i'v never recivd gifts
as much as i did this season especially
cash cash cash from everywhere.
I also gave out so much
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by chinnyonwu(m): 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2011
Text messages. To and fro!
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 01, 2012
moremi2008 you're funny. New and no explosive nor poison in it lol
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Babymiles(f): 12:31am On Jan 03, 2012
2 oversized pair of jeans from ma brother and a skirt from a family, anything but not skirt. Gosh, I HATE SKIRTS, i'm never comfortable in it. Never gave anything to anyone, not even text msg, smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Nairaland Impacted Your Life In Any Way? / What Would Have Happened If Adam Nd Eve Were Chinese / My Landlady Dashed Me This Fruit Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.