Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,152 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:56 AM

Islam: A Religion Of Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islam: A Religion Of Peace (500 Views)

Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Islam Is A Religion Of Peace And Political Stability Globally - Cramjones / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam: A Religion Of Peace by faithin9ja: 2:24am On Dec 31, 2011
Islam as many of my Muslim brothers and sisters tell me is a religion of peace. If this is indeed the case then all peace loving Muslims must protect their fellow Nigerians who live as their neighbours. Muslims politicians, governors, leaders and the general public must come out and protect their Christian brothers and sisters. Muslims in the northern part of the country must form baracades around churches in their neighbourhoods to protect them from the Boko Haram and other terrorists.

Buhari, Sultan of Sokoto, Atiku, El-Rufia, etc must rally their supporters to combat Boko Haram

For all the Yoruba taxi drivers in Kano, Hausa money changers in Ikoyi, Igbo traders in Maiduguri Nigeria must remain one
Re: Islam: A Religion Of Peace by okosodo: 6:30am On Dec 31, 2011
Criminal suicide bombers with muderous intents
Re: Islam: A Religion Of Peace by EMANY01(m): 7:38am On Dec 31, 2011
I have always before now diagreed with the assersion the op is making but i think he is right in a way. ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE IF EVERYONE ELSE IS DEAD.
Re: Islam: A Religion Of Peace by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 31, 2011

Islam: A religion of peace

Yeah right. That's why Islamic fundamentalists would go around killing innocent people at random for failing to recite portions of the Quran.
www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/features/29102-igbo-five-peace-returns-to-madallah
Re: Islam: A Religion Of Peace by faithin9ja: 10:20am On Dec 31, 2011
this is an opportunity for Muslims to prove they follow a religion that is peaceful, let peace loving Muslims protect their Christian neighbours. why can't the Muslim leaders declare a 'fatwa' on so-called Boko Haram
Re: Islam: A Religion Of Peace by VoodooDoll(m): 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2011
A suggestion:

On Sunday, Moslems should protect and guard Christians going to church and on Fridays Christians should protect and guard Moslems going to mosques.

A similar method was used in Egypt but I doubt it would work in Nigeria given the level of mistrust.

(1) (Reply)

Mr Gej Why / Fg Targets 50m Tonnes In Local Food Production -adesina / Nigerians In Europe Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.