Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Orphanages In Nigeria. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Orphanages In Nigeria. (15841 Views)

What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orphanages In Nigeria. by damoche07(m): 4:31pm On Oct 04, 2007
A colleague introduced me to this website that has a list of orphanages in Nigeria.

www.linkachild.org

You can also donate through them with your ATM Card.Its a non profit website.

If u are in doubt of their integrity,u can donate something small first maybe like N200,then confirm from the orphanage u donated to if they got your money.i have made a little payment through them,but i av not yet had the time to confirm with the orphanage if they got it.once i confirm that they got it,then i can make further donations without much fear.i will still advise that any payment must be confirmed.

One orphanage is just around you.

''He that giveth to the poor lends to God''
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by Seun(m): 4:35pm On Oct 04, 2007
If you really want to help a Nigerian orphan, you should adopt one. That way your help will go to the kid directly.

1 Like

Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by viee(f): 5:13pm On Oct 04, 2007
Seun, u dont have to adopt a child to help an orphan
some people cannot afford to train the child but the little amount of money, clothing, love etc
these people give go a long way in training the child

besides it takes alot to train a child not just goodwill or pity

@ damoche07 nice one kiss

1 Like

Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by GL(f): 5:38am On Oct 05, 2007
does anyone have an idea of the cost of adoption in Nigeria, and other requirements?

is it possible to do volunteer work in Nigerian orphanages?

are those Nigerien/Chadian kids on Nigerian streets up for adoption?
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by damoche07(m): 10:02am On Oct 05, 2007
Seun, how are u doing?

I am single,young and my job can take me anywhere in the world.

Don't u think i will be doing more harm to any kid i adopt if i can't provide the care he/she needs.

Some people have decided to take up that responsibility but need money to help take care of the kids.i am ready to fill that gap.You too can join in doing that.
Take care brother.

@GL

U can try and contact the orphanages themselves but as u know adoption has a lot of intricacies though lesser in Nija than in the west.
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by ifyalways(f): 2:16pm On Oct 08, 2007
Little saints orphanage.
Hearts of gold.
Living fountain.
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by MOELLIOTT(f): 12:16am On Oct 17, 2007
It is highly unrealistic to expect everyone to adopt, but as an alternative, one can facilitate the care of a "parentless child" by proxy! All you need to do is do your homework before releasing the resources. Posterity would thank you for the act.

It would be inappropriate to discountenance the hardwork many organizations and even individuals put into setting up and running Orphanages in Nigeria. Many of them go unknown and even unfunded.

Generally speaking, Nigerians aren't inclined to give to structured or organised charitable organisations on a consistent basis (as opposed to the odd alms, etc). This might be because of our family network systems and the fact that most people have numerous family members seeking assistance or heavily reliant on them one way or another already.

Nigeria still has many genuinely humanitarian people, who see social action as a solution to the lag between what society requires and The State might be able to provide. What is required is your encouragement, support and practical commitment from those for whom running such organisations or having such a vision is not an option.

Bless you awesomely!
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by ssRhino: 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2007
Infact, i am more interested in knowing if there are any help from the govt to the orphanages in nigeria.
Seun, u dont have to adopt a kid to help the orphans, mere going there to donate your time serving them food is helping, or when you are gong there, buy a bag of rice and spend time with those kids, that is a blessing.
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by KDK(m): 1:12pm On Oct 18, 2007
@ GL,
Send me a mail and we can talk better. tomitobor@yahoo.com when you send the mail, kindly remind it is about volunteer work in the orphanages.
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by popsi: 10:47pm On Dec 26, 2008
Pls does anyone out there no the procedure of bring an adopted child to the UK.

Thank you
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by angelchi2(f): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2009
I love babies, they are gift from God and I would love to adopt a child, can't have one now cause am not married yet.
What are the requirements involved in adopting a 5month-2years old child and how much would it cost?
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by ifyalways(f): 7:11am On Jun 25, 2009
angel chi:

I love babies, they are gift from God and I would love to adopt a child, can't have one now cause am not married yet.
What are the requirements involved in adopting a 5month-2years old child and how much would it cost?

Its not abt the money,do u think u actually have the love and time to share?
sorry,no fixed price ! we are talking abt living souls not some bag/shoe.
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by angelchi2(f): 9:35am On Jun 25, 2009
ifyalways:

Its not abt the money,do u think u actually have the love and time to share?
sorry,no fixed price ! we are talking abt living souls not some bag/shoe.
How on earth can you say that? Am not pricing a child for God sake. I said the process. I have so much love, care and time to give any child.
You are either normally stupid or being deliberately obtuse to understand that.

2 Likes

Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by ifyalways(f): 9:39am On Jun 25, 2009
angel chi:

How on earth can you say that? Am not pricing a child for God sake. I said the process. I have so much love, care and time to give any child.
You are either normally stupid or being deliberately obtuse to understand that.
you said how much wud it cost?
you are either dumb,have severe amnesia or pathetically retarded.
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by angelchi2(f): 10:17am On Jun 25, 2009
No point exchanging words with you. Sorry I called you stupid
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by Fhemmmy: 12:53pm On Jun 25, 2009
Donate money on a Nigerian built site with an ATM card? una try.
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2009
Actually I am with Seun on this one. Adopt an orphan if you can, rather than just give money.
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by dominique(f): 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2009
tensor777:

Actually I am with Seun on this one. Adopt an orphan if you can, rather than just give money.

thats because you dont know waht it takes to adopt a child in Nigeria. i visited an orphanage sometimes ago with some friends and the matron listed out all the requirements. by the time she was done,  i was like no wonder people steal babies sad the process is too long and there is no guarantee you will be given the child in the end. i'd rather donate my widows mirth to them regularly. . . paid by hand, no way i'm putting my ATM details in some website.
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by Thor(m): 3:45pm On Jul 25, 2009
There is a better way to help orphans and that is by not creating them. Lets all get together and put this witch out of business  angry angry angry

If you know any of your friends that support this evil bitch, let them know that she is a devil angry angry angry
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by GEW: 11:12am On Jul 29, 2009
nice thread
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by mamag3: 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2009
Then good for you.
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by Fiona0007: 10:49pm On Aug 03, 2009
@topic
Can the children be 'adopted' while they carry on living at the orphanage and be provided for education, health costs etc by individual donors on regular basis? This is easier way to help the child, just a thought.
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 03, 2009
sad
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by Hawkeye(m): 1:33pm On Oct 28, 2011
too many hypocrits , smh
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by gracie75: 4:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
If you all really want to help orphans, I know about an existing orphanage located in Gbagada, Lagos Nigeria. The website address www.balesofmercy.org has their account details stated and other contact details. By the way they also give kids out for adoption but you would pass through the legitimate process of adoption. Follow them on twitter - @balesofmercy, Facebook - https://m.facebook.com/pages/Bales-of-Mercy-Orphanage/242718452551227?id=242718452551227&_rdr
Let's lend a helping hand, together we can save a life!
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by coldgate(f): 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
Yes. Bales of mercy. Legit. God loves a cheerful giver.
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by DAVEZONIGLTD: 2:26am On Dec 08, 2016
Re: Orphanages In Nigeria. by PublicHealthNig: 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
check out the full list of Adoption Agencies In FCT Orphanages and Adoption Agencies In Abuja Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Marital Agreement / Contract / Must A Woman Tell Her Husband Everything? / White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.