Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,324 members, 7,954,305 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:22 PM

Interview With Rising Nollywood Actor Narsh Alexei Smith - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Interview With Rising Nollywood Actor Narsh Alexei Smith (3964 Views)

Fast Rising Nollywood Actor “tunde Owokoniran” Proposes To Fiancee / Fast Rising Nollywood Actress Tells How Tonto Dikeh Beat Her Mercilessly / Meet Fast-rising Nollywood Actress – Mary Adufe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interview With Rising Nollywood Actor Narsh Alexei Smith by anonymous6(f): 2:58am On Jan 01, 2012
[b]"OM: I’m so excited to speak to you, I’m a really a big fan of yours. Will you tell the readers, who Narsh is?

NAS: Thank you. Likewise I’m also excited to be granting you this interview. Who I am I, well I’m a Ghanaian-American. I was born in the USA and live here. I am the second born of four kids. I also have a child of my own. I love reading and traveling, acting, music and martial arts!

OM: How long have you been acting? What was your first acting job and what movies have you been involved in?

NAS: Well I have been acting since I was about 8 I did a play for the church St. Christopher’s church where I forgot all my lines! And I also did a two year acting improve course in high school. I got my first professional job on the HBO series “The Wire”. I did some extra work in the background of one of the scenes. It was a friend named Angela who told me to send in a pic to that casting company and they called!. After that quick stint I left it alone and worked outside of acting. But when I went to Ghana to visit my daughter and girl I was in traffic with my mother in law and I was spotted by a Nigerian film company by the name of global media for my first Nollywood movie The Diary and the rest is history! The list of movies I have done are The Diary, Front Door, Naked Faces, Professor Anderson, One More Night and one that is untitled.

OM: What first drew you into acting as a career, and what have been its greatest rewards and greatest hardships?

NAS: As a child I had a great imagination and my mother and father watched a lot of movies with us growing up, so after the movie I would imitate what I saw especially if it was an action hero story! I think the greatest reward has been the fans. They are so loving. It is amazing how they relate to these characters who live a way more interesting life than I do. (Laughing) When I got fan mail from Australia that was it! I knew that Nollywood was big! Well the hardship would be being away from my loved ones. I don’t live in Ghana and all the movies I film have been in Ghana and it causes me to have to travel away from them which hurts a lot.

OM: Did you go to movies a lot as a kid?

NAS: All the time. My favorites were ones that had action in it!

OM: Who is one of your favorite people to work with and, who do you really want to work with that you haven’t yet?

NAS: Hands down Jim Ike! I met him a couple of months ago and he is cool! He is just one of the coolest actors I have met, and I’ve met a lot of them!

OM: Morgan Freeman always wanted to play Mandela. What is your dream role and who would you be playing?

NAS: Well I would love to play Bob Marley, but I don’t have any particular dream roles other than to do a super big budget, great story action movie in Africa! It’s like Blood Diamonds meets Rush hour!

OM: If you were not acting what would you be doing?

NAS: Great question!! I guess it will be spending more time with my daughter and family, and perhaps something with art or music.

OM: What is the one job you would give it all up for?

NAS: Music or art

OM: What is your biggest pet peeve?

NAS: Mean people!

OM: Do you think acting is a vehicle to affect the world in a positive way?

NAS: Yes I do. I believe whatever job you do you should and can affect people in a positive way unless you work from home and never meet people. I think behind all the stories there are messages and you can apply them to life.

OM: What are you doing next?

NAS: I am headed to Accra next week to film “Hard Justice”, an action film with Lucas productions and another other movie for which there is no working title. So you will have to stay tuned!

OM: What is the period like between finishing and seeing the first cut, are you often surprised?

NAS: The final cut is always surprising because a lot of scenes are taken out and you also see the whole story in the order it was meant to be seen. When we are filming we don’t film from beginning of the story until the end, so it is hard to piece it all in your mind until you see the end.

OM: I want to thank you for giving us your valuable time. Where can my readers find you online?

NAS: Well I have to tell the truth I am a bit of a cave man I really only use Facebook so if you want you can find me there or Google me! Haha! Great talking with you and blessing to my great family Mom, Dad, Nina, Henry, Alyson, Anna, and Baby Mints! And of course my fans! Bye!

OM: Thanks, Narsh. We, and certainly your fans, appreciate this. "[/b]
http://okromouth.com/home/narsh-alexei-smith-a-fast-rising-nollywood-actor/

Narsh Alexei Smith
Re: Interview With Rising Nollywood Actor Narsh Alexei Smith by fred2265: 6:15pm On Jan 01, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Kim Kardashian Finds Out The Sex Of Her Baby During Doctor's Appointment [PHOTOS / Tonto Dike Weds Alex Ekubo Of Same Nollywood? / EXCLUSIVE: DON Jazzy Attends White Garment Church(cherubim) PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.