Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Location Of The Engine Number Of A Toyota Camry Se 2008 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Location Of The Engine Number Of A Toyota Camry Se 2008 (5520 Views)

*SOLD*SOLD**Very Sharp And Sound Totoya Muscle SE 2008 Selling@1.750m / Toyota Camry Se 2008 Model (reg) / Where Is The Engine Number For A 2001 Camry Located? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Location Of The Engine Number Of A Toyota Camry Se 2008 by khalids: 1:37pm On Jan 01, 2012
Hello Nairalanders,

Just got a 2008 Toyota Camry SE-V6, and I need to get the engine number for registration purposes. can anyone tell me where on the engine i can find it and how. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Location Of The Engine Number Of A Toyota Camry Se 2008 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 01, 2012
It would help if you stated your engine type - I4 or V6. The engine number location on the engine block will differ between both.
Re: Location Of The Engine Number Of A Toyota Camry Se 2008 by khalids: 4:05pm On Jan 01, 2012
Its a V6 Engine

Thanks
Re: Location Of The Engine Number Of A Toyota Camry Se 2008 by seaylan: 4:06am On Jan 02, 2012
Khalids, sorry for using your post. I am sure Siena will be able to reply us both. Siena, please I really need your help with my car. It 's a 1999 rav 4. I had to scan due to a CEL on. Code was PO401 insufficient exhaust gas recirculation. Any help will be appreciated. It's difficult to get an auto electrician who can handle this issue.
Re: Location Of The Engine Number Of A Toyota Camry Se 2008 by khalids: 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2012
Hi
Re: Location Of The Engine Number Of A Toyota Camry Se 2008 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 02, 2012
seaylan:

Khalids, sorry for using your post. I am sure Siena will be able to reply us both. Siena, please I really need your help with my car. It 's a 1999 rav 4. I had to scan due to a CEL on. Code was PO401 insufficient exhaust gas recirculation. Any help will be appreciated. It's difficult to get an auto electrician who can handle this issue.

The EGR valve is the most obvious culprit. It's located by the exhaust manifold, the pipework will be visible, and lead you to the valve itself. On the '99 Toyota RAV4, it's vacuum operated. It can often get clogged by soot from the exhaust, and cause the valve to stick in the closed or partially closed position. This will impede flow, leading to the code you've pulled.

Replacement is the best option, along with a new gasket. It is possible however, to dismantle it, and give it a good soak in carburettor cleaner, then wash is thoroughly, along with all the pipes. If you or your mechanic has access to compressed air, that would help dislodge, and blow out any debris. This may well solve your problems.

Also, check the vacuum feed pipe, it's the thin flexible one on the valve. If it's split, replace it, clear the codes and test drive the car for at least 2 miles. I'm attaching a diagram of the EGR valve and associated parts on a '99/'00 Toyota RAV4 engine. If you decide to replace it, forget about buying used. A genuine new Toyota part is the only way to go, and the part number is 2562774011.

#1: EGR valve.
#2: EGR valve gasket (upper).
#6: EGR valve gasket (lower).
#5: EGR-to-exhaust manifold pipe.
#8,9,10: EGR pipe-to-exhaust manifold couplings.
#11: Vacuum diaphragm.
#14: Vacuum diaphragm-to-EGR valve vacuum pipe

Re: Location Of The Engine Number Of A Toyota Camry Se 2008 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 02, 2012
khalids:

Hi

Bro, I haven't forgotten your request, I'm still looking.
Re: Location Of The Engine Number Of A Toyota Camry Se 2008 by khalids: 10:53am On Jan 04, 2012
Ding
Re: Location Of The Engine Number Of A Toyota Camry Se 2008 by seaylan: 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2012
Thanks Sienna, you are the best. I understand all you posted. Problem is I may not have the necessary equipment to make it a DIY job. Also please do I get to procure the EGR valve from abroad and if so can you assisst if I where to get the money to you? Sorry I replied late.

(1) (Reply)

Used Honda Cbr 929 2001 Model Up For Grab / Mazda E2000 Tokunbo Van Type Petrol Long Chassis / Toyota Yaris 2003 880k 08036669132

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.