Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Fuel Subsidy Removal Now Official, Pppra Confirms - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fuel Subsidy Removal Now Official, Pppra Confirms (1101 Views)

Remove Fuel Subsidy Now! World Bank Tells Buhari. / PPPRA Issues 42 Fuel Import Permits To Marketers / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Petrol May Cost 195 Naira Per Litre (From 65 Naira) - NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Now Official, Pppra Confirms by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2012
After much controversy and fracas, subsidy on Premium Motor Spirti (PMS) subsidy has officially been removed.

A statement by the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) states that petroleum product marketers are to note that no one will be paid on PMS discharges after 1st January 2012.

By this announcement, the downstream sub-sector of the Petroleum industry is hereby deregulated for PMS. Service providers in the sector are now to procure products and sell it in accordance with the indicative benchmark price to be published in two weeks.

The statement further assures that consumers will get adequate supply of quality products at prices that are competitive and non-exploitative, adding that there is no need for individuals to buy and hoard petroleum products.

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Now Official, Pppra Confirms by yamakuza: 9:23am On Jan 02, 2012
Some people just made billions on New Years day without lifting a finger.

N140 - N65 x size of their tank farms.

Lucky them.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Now Official, Pppra Confirms by yamakuza: 10:31am On Jan 02, 2012
Since i couldnt hoard fuel, i wonder what other products i can stockpile before their prices double next week?

1. Dollars?
2. Beer?
3. Food?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Now Official, Pppra Confirms by aminu150(m): 12:42pm On Jan 02, 2012
the real meaning of subsidy removal can be understood here fiftynaira.blogsport.com

(1) (Reply)

The Process Of Of Cassava Exportation / Question: Whats The Current Price Of Imports For Ago Pms Lpfo And Hpfo / I Have $800 Of Paypal Cash For Sale @ N160 Per Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.