Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,601 members, 7,851,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:40 PM

The Truth about Fuel Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth about Fuel Subsidy (623 Views)

OMG - See The Epic Reply PDP Got After They Twitted About Fuel Scarcity / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Discussion On Aljazeera About Fuel Subsidy Removal & #occupynigeria (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth about Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2012
Fuel Subsidy is politically wrong but Economically RIGHT,
do U agree
Re: The Truth about Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
Weather we like am or not .Critics
Re: The Truth about Fuel Subsidy by ajalio(f): 5:44pm On Jan 02, 2012
I agree wholeheartedly.
Re: The Truth about Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
Maybè its timè You guY procurè binoculars to hèlp You sèè into the nèarèst futurè. Ya'll fortunatè to havè a prèsidènt wavè out fuèl subsidy oncè and for all.
This attèmpt would makè privatè invèstors come to tablè with thèir own compètitivè fuèl prizès by thè timè thèy èmbark on building rèfinèriès and thè sort. . Ya'll would apprèciatè Goodluck Jonathan in thè ènd, aftèrall.
Re: The Truth about Fuel Subsidy by Akainzo(m): 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2012
brein:

Maybè its timè You guY procurè binoculars to hèlp You sèè into the nèarèst futurè. Ya'll fortunatè to havè a prèsidènt wavè out fuèl subsidy oncè and for all.
This attèmpt would makè privatè invèstors come to tablè with thèir own compètitivè fuèl prizès by thè timè thèy èmbark on building rèfinèriès and thè sort. . Ya'll would apprèciatè Goodluck Jonathan in thè ènd, aftèrall.

FYI, refinery licenses have been granted since OBJ's tenure. Investors are not building refineries not because their is fuel subsidy or do you want to explain to me why they would not build?
Subsidy only means that government pays a portion of the cost on behalf of the populace, it does not translate to invetsors not being able to recoup their investments. Please get that right and not confuse it.

However, the outside investors are not willing to build refineries in an economy that is still being regulated and where the crude belongs to the government. The question bordering the investors are simple:
1. How do I get crude from the OICs?
2. How do I get the rights to lay pipelines to my refinery?
3. In a situation where the Govt owns the crude and the pipelines, what if I fallout with the present Govt and they decide to withdraw from selling me crude?

All the above still needs to be resolved by making the chnages in our relevenat laws to enable private participation in the oil refining process.

(1) (Reply)

One Protester Shot Over Anti-fuel Subsidy Removal Demonstration / Facts Of Fuel Subsidy / The Anambra State Governor Peter Obi Is Nothing To Write Home About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.