Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

How Do I Handle An Inter Bank Transfer That Deduct Twice From My Account And: - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Handle An Inter Bank Transfer That Deduct Twice From My Account And: (1424 Views)

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / Money Was Wrongfully Transfered Into My Account, What Should I Do? Pls Advise / Naira Falls To All-time Low In Inter-bank Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle An Inter Bank Transfer That Deduct Twice From My Account And: by webbaba: 11:42pm On Jan 02, 2012
Hello good people in nairaland.

Please advice me on how I can handle an inter bank transfer that deduct twice from my account and paid my beneficiary once.

This was done via the internet banking facility provided by one of the popular banks here.

I need the bank to refund my money .

Thanks
Re: How Do I Handle An Inter Bank Transfer That Deduct Twice From My Account And: by yamakuza: 3:08am On Jan 03, 2012
Send your bank an email.

There should be a Feedback Form on your Internet Banking platform.
Re: How Do I Handle An Inter Bank Transfer That Deduct Twice From My Account And: by webbaba: 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2012
Thanks.

At first I sent a mail complaining on this and was replied to send my account details and that of the recipient to enable them pursue my case.

Later after doing what was said I was told that the money has been sent to the recipient and that I should discuss with the recipient.

The recipient said just an amount was received meaning that the other amount deducted is hanging somewhere.

I need to pursue this issue to a logical conclusion
Re: How Do I Handle An Inter Bank Transfer That Deduct Twice From My Account And: by yamakuza: 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
If your bank says the money was sent twice [/b]to your friend and your friend says s/he received it [b]once, then your friend must be lying.

S/he needs to show you his/her statement for that period to prove otherwise.
Re: How Do I Handle An Inter Bank Transfer That Deduct Twice From My Account And: by arbitrage: 6:00pm On Jan 03, 2012
If your friend can prove that he/she is not telling lie, then let your bank know that only one of the transactions sailed through so that they can do their check again. I have experienced that more than once through eTranzact platform last year and as I was writing my bank, I and they were writing eTranzact and eTranzact in turn contacted the recipient bank, which also cooperated. So, when it was then sure that it was not delivered to the recipient's bank account, eTranzact asked my bank to re-credit my account. And so my bank did. So you just follow up either by writing or by physical presence because I did by emails as I was not in town.
Re: How Do I Handle An Inter Bank Transfer That Deduct Twice From My Account And: by webbaba: 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2012
Thank you all the contributors for your advice.

The beneficiary of the transfer at last confessed that the amount deducted from my account was actually deposited into the account.

God Bless you all in nairaland forum.

Thanks
Re: How Do I Handle An Inter Bank Transfer That Deduct Twice From My Account And: by yamakuza: 12:32am On Jan 07, 2012
Thanks 4d feedback!

(1) (Reply)

60th Birthday Of Bishop David Oyedepo / Check Out New Zenith Bank Advertisement / Warning- Avoid Using Firstbank Mastercard To Make Payment Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.