Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Fuel Subsidy Savings? Govt explains how the "savings" will be spent. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Savings? Govt explains how the "savings" will be spent. (600 Views)

NDLEA Boss Explains How They Got Kashamu, Nicknamed ‘god’ / N100.7million Budgeted To Be Spent On Aso Rocks Generating Sets In 2012. / 75% Of Nigeria's Budget Would Be Spent On Running Govt. & Its Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Savings? Govt explains how the "savings" will be spent. by VoodooDoll(m): 11:56pm On Jan 02, 2012
A link to a document circulating on Facebook re how the "savings" would be spent. I am not sure if this has already been circulated on Nairaland. I'm still reading it so can't comment yet.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_VI3W_cAwMeNTljY2JmOWYtN2M4Yi00MGI0LWE2MTctYTUxMTM0ZDVkNDRm&hl=en_US

If the link doesn't work, let me know.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Savings? Govt explains how the "savings" will be spent. by VoodooDoll(m): 12:18am On Jan 03, 2012
Total annual "savings"= N1,134bn

Beneficiaries are
FG: N478bn
States: N411bn
LGA: N203bn
Other: N42b
Total:N1,134bn

The reports lists out various projects, but I'm uncertain if these projects haven't already been accounted for and budgeted elsewhere.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Savings? Govt explains how the "savings" will be spent. by koruji(m): 12:27am On Jan 03, 2012
This is nonsense - pure one.

We know how this works - palliatives must be direct, significant and immediate.

VoodooDoll:

Total annual "savings"= N1,134bn

Beneficiaries are
FG: N478bn
States: N411bn
LGA: N203bn
Other: N42b
Total:N1,134bn

The reports lists out various projects, but I'm uncertain if these projects haven't already been accounted for and budgeted elsewhere.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Savings? Govt explains how the "savings" will be spent. by VoodooDoll(m): 1:15am On Jan 03, 2012
Tis Voodoo economics  grin cheesy cheesy grin .

Projects that should have been met by the annual budgets are now magically subsidy projects.

Benin-Ore road, Abuja light rail etc are all included. I shall reserve my comments for now but it's voodoo economics.

There is soo much sharing going on and very little info on palliatives and shock absorbers.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Savings? Govt explains how the "savings" will be spent. by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 03, 2012
The fact of the matter is, if history has taught Nigerians anything it is how Govt after govt mismanage our revenue.

I am of the opinion that no Govt in this country has any moral right to remove subsidy or increase taxes we have not exploited other avenues of making savings!
How about the cost of govt itself and the cost of maintaining the NASS/Presidency. This is where any savings or austerity measures must begin from!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Savings? Govt explains how the "savings" will be spent. by VoodooDoll(m): 2:13am On Jan 03, 2012
I'm yet to get a simple explanation on what comprises the fuel subsidy.

Most of the stuff I read has a hint of conspiracy theory to it. Even Pat Utomi has kicked off on twitter and Facebook but still no clear explanation.

The doc attached above is at best an outer layer for a Suya cover.

(1) (Reply)

The Kano Convenant / Appn To Boycott Strike / Many Other States Joined The Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.