Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,965 members, 7,956,616 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:23 PM

Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy (855 Views)

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Nigerians In Ghana Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal / Delta State South South Nigeria Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 4:03pm On Jan 03, 2012
I have seen people mostly for the South-eastern region trying to tribalise a sensitive issue such as the protest against fuel subsidy. They view it as an attempt by the South-west, North-west, North central, North east, and South-South to remove GEJ out of office.

I would like to urge my fellow Nigerians most especially the Igbos to NOT TRIBALISE this issue. I have seen South-Southers from delta , edo, bayelsa, rivers and cross river protesting against fuel subsidy. Why are my Igbo brothers and sisters in the South-east quite about it and even worse trying to call it a hausa/fulani/yoruba protest.

We all are one people and fuel price at 141 Naira would affect everyone regardless of zones or ethnicity. Please and Please, lets live the past behind us and do the right thing. GEJ does not represent any ethnic group but his own people who are the cabals milking Nigeria dry till this very day.

Lets not de destroy the country further because of ethnocentric reasons best know to you people.
Re: Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy by civilserva: 7:12pm On Jan 03, 2012
how will history remember you? ethnic bigot? jobless?
Re: Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 03, 2012
I agree , especially Bluetooth and Co, they have turned this into a tribal issue angry
Re: Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2012
frosbel:

I agree , especially Bluetooth and Co, they have turned this into a tribal issue angry

No bluetooth in as much as I fight with him all the time. I must stick with him here. Imagine the rubbish from a bigot angry angry angry angry

from hbrednic (SEerner) gloating on a died protester in Illorin today

one yorooba man has been shot dead in ilorin,keep protesting   tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=837811.msg9888825#msg9888825

Re: Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy by sheyguy: 7:39pm On Jan 03, 2012
It will be hard to convince them cos of their pride. They will rather suffer in silence because of foolish pride than humble themselves. I am sure the ones among them who av made it back to lagos are among the protesters.
Re: Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy by Afam4eva(m): 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2012
What do Igbos stand to gain from supporting GEJ? How do you knoe igbos are not protesting? Have you carries out a census on the protesters?
I really don't know what inspires al_harem to open this kind of dumb thread.
Re: Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 7:46pm On Jan 03, 2012
afam4eva:

What do Igbos stand to gain from supporting GEJ? How do you knoe igbos are not protesting? Have you carries out a census on the protesters?
I really don't know what inspires al_harem to open this kind of dumb thread.
Because I know you people (Igbos) in and out.

Already see what your people are writing

from hbrednic (SEerner) gloating on a died protester in Illorin today

one yorooba man has been shot dead in ilorin,keep protesting

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=837811.msg9888825#msg9888825

Who was he making fun of. this man ?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/607747_Protester_jpge5683851b414d92316bf78cf6a50d2b9
Re: Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy by Rad1cal: 7:48pm On Jan 03, 2012
Maybe because they have being buying gasoline way above the pump prize. . so it's nothing new, it just even the odds they faced
Re: Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 7:50pm On Jan 03, 2012
Rad1cal:

Maybe because they have being buying gasoline way above the pump prize. . so it's nothing new, it just even the odds they faced

maybe because you have not been protesting against the government to provide NNPC centers in the SE region of the country

thus the logistics would make it more expensive
Re: Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy by Rad1cal: 8:01pm On Jan 03, 2012
alj_harem:

maybe because you have not been protesting against the government to provide NNPC centers in the SE region of the country

thus the logistics would make it more expensive

So how do wish them to protest a situation they have adapted to.  blaming them for not protesting against govt to NNPC centers is weak to the stated position of adaptation
Re: Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy by warrior01: 8:13pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ alja-rem or whatever you call your idi.otic name, let me just let you know that you are the most stewpid foo.l i've come across today.
Do you think igbos are lazy fools like you and your hypocritical allies who tend not to see anything good in others? FYI, igbos are hardworking people who rather see opportunities in any circumstance and would never go cap in hand begging for national debts to be shifted to their children and children's children. They prefer to face their problems head on unlike you animals that make mouth here everyday and a singular act of fuel subsidy removal, you guys are already crying. lazy arses
Re: Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy by cashmentor(m): 8:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
When some folks are being shot, teargased and woulded in protests for what they feel is unjust, insensitive and unripe for Nigeria(ns), some folks like u and others, scared, no balls and no hope- sit down in ur 1 bedroom apartment, watching ur black and white 1960's tv, talking of tribalising subsidy, Why won't it be tribalized when some states are still merrimenting: mine inclusive! And i hear people talk of Revolution in Nigeria, i laff in tongues
Re: Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
almajiri harem is just a useless bigot.everyone knows that.USELESS THREAD.
Re: Do Not Tribalise Protest Against Fuel Subsidy by realchange: 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
what else is not tribalized in nigeria? why single this one out?
nigeria is tribalism. live with it

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News- Ignore Any Black Market Injunction, Nlc Advises Nigerians / Nigeria’s Attorney General Adoke In Web Of Corruption(subsidy Bonanza) / Willy:a governor Is Not The Representative Of itsekiri, Is Not Of Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.