Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal (17632 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by supoade: 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
Some officers of the Nigeria Police Force in Lagos have joined in the protest following the sudden removal of fuel subsidy.

An eyewitness saw about 300 policemen marching in Oregun and heading towards Alausa, the seat of government in Lagos. The policemen were chanting anti-government slogans.

In a related development, pockets of protesters have successfully staged protests in various parts of Lagos State. Angry protesters took over major roads like Ikorodu Road, various roads around Ojuelegba in Sululere, Mushin and Idioro amongst others.

There are also protests in Kano, Ilorin, Zamfara and Abuja.

A citizen reporter sent us this footage shot using a cell phone as the policemen marched through Oregun road.

http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/11577-Update-Policemen-Protest-Lagos-Over-Subsidy-Removal.html#.TwMAzE5fxWE.facebook
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by stepo707: 5:02pm On Jan 03, 2012
This is good.
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by Rgp92: 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2012
Everytime i see africans demonstrates, they always seems to sing and dance. shocked Why is that?  undecided

Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by supoade: 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
It is indeed good!.

Nigerian Army should take a cue from NPF of Lagos and join in the protest istead of being used by same Thieves that parade themselves as Politicians.
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by ULSHERLAN(m): 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2012
nice one
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by mimima(f): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2012
others should follow suite,,,,,,,,,,,,bankers,traders,labour union,drivers,okada riders etc etc
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by ziga: 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
Just watched the video. I saw Police officers in anti-riot gear marching and chanting. . .  Not sure they were protesting. Please verify this link before you create false news!!!
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by ayzree: 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by aljharem3: 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
cool cool cool cool
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by baldeagle: 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2012
The gofment is in trouble. I invite the nigerian army, navy and the airforce to join.
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by PHIPEX(m): 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2012
They are not protesting cos they hv ur interest at heart, its just cos they will hv to collect egunje from about 10 danfo drivers before they can buy a litre of fuel which is more stressful. if there should be a protest in naija i think it should be against naija police high handedness.
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2012
The first time i had to say something nice about police in a very long time.Just these few ones surprise me even though they are not that good themselves.keep it up guys but let's just pray the stu-pid IG wont try them for mutiny or treason.Na naija we dey o.
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by johnie: 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2012
Laughing in Annang

Protest for where?

That is what is called a "show of force!"

They are trying to scare the demonstrators!
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by Ndkings1(m): 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2012
Dats nice . The army too should join.
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by Ndkings1(m): 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2012
Dats nice . The army too should join.
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by kxta: 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2012
That looks to me as a squad of anti-riot policemen going through a routine pre-protest drill.

I implore TheWill to report responsibly
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by Obinoscopy(m): 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2012
Guys lets get our facts before posting. I had thought there was a video upload to validate this claim and there was none! Also our supermods or seun should scrutinise a post before putting it on homepage. We need to be responsible in our deeds.
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by call4shola(m): 5:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
I think Jonathan just shot himself in the foot,
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by doctokwus: 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2012
Even if we support d protest,it shudnt make anyone to post mis leading info,it makes dis serious issue luk childish
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by kruku: 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2012
if army join that will mark the end of this republic! :p
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by houvest: 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2012
|Na today? Fake news.
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by honeric01(m): 5:36pm On Jan 03, 2012
jona jona.
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by supoade: 5:41pm On Jan 03, 2012
Even if we support d protest,it shudnt make anyone to post mis leading info,it makes dis serious issue luk childish

Educate us pls. how ?

Since you know better Inspector Bako. may i ask u this ? , Was that a protest against Subsidy removal or marching towards protesters to arrest? simple YES or NO.
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by temmydude: 5:43pm On Jan 03, 2012
That's interesting and quite encouraging too. Revolution here we come!!!
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by velo10: 5:49pm On Jan 03, 2012
I wish the army could join in the protest. The government would take them more seriously
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by adeyak83(m): 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
Interesting! Revolution at last!!!!!
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by sexlog(m): 5:57pm On Jan 03, 2012
If this is real, then kudos to the police. Atleast, it would depict unity.
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by niddamugu(m): 6:00pm On Jan 03, 2012
ill-timed decision and action,
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by bigdoo: 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2012
GEJ should be chased out of office for inflicting undue pain on common Nigeria.  He should first slash the salaries and allowances of all politicians including GEJ and his vice and every politicians in Nigeria by at least 50%.  The nation will raise more than N1.3 trillion each year if the politicians are to be paid half of their salaries and allowances.  He should also bring all the companies who he claimed have been benefiting from the subsidy and make them to repay all they have stolen.  Only after he has taken such steps would Nigeria believe that he has something good to offer the people. GEJ budgeted nearly N1billion for his upkeep and that of his vice in 2012 despite his desperate cry for lack of cash to run the nation.  Fuel subsidy removal and increase in cost of fuel by more than 100% without adequate consultation with commom and ordinary Nigerians (who will bear the brunt) is an insult on the electorate that made him the president of Nigeria.
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by UyiIredia(m): 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2012
Oh ! so these guys still know what it feels like to be betrayed.
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by doofanc: 6:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
Cant help but marvel @ the display of ignorance here. If the video is indeed true, how can anyone is his/her right senses regard protestin police as 'commendable'?

Even more suprisin is to see comments asking the army to join the protest!! Do you know what mutiny is?

Dont get me wrong, i'm as ripped of as you guys over the subsidy issue, but this protest by uniformed men is not the way to in about it. Its an invitation to real anarchy ie TOTAL breakdown of law and order. Pray we never experience it.
Re: Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal by ochukoccna: 6:39pm On Jan 03, 2012
Good one
Fuel subsidy removal hits them too where it hurts
The money wallet

(1) (2) (Reply)

ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition / Dayo Apata Appointed As New Solicitor General - Osinbajo / Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.