Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

How Do You Deal With Very Annoying Parent(s)? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Deal With Very Annoying Parent(s)? (5304 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice / Parent(s) Laying Curses On Their Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Deal With Very Annoying Parent(s)? by Lacrissa: 10:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
How does one deal with annoying parents or rather an annoying parent especially the mum? They say honor your father and mother so you live long but how do you do it when this is beyond correction or wanting the best but rather it is done in a way where there is comparison, always being brought down, false accusations and lack of appreciation almost everyday even when you try to avoid them or change for the better.

How would you deal with these?
Re: How Do You Deal With Very Annoying Parent(s)? by zayhal(f): 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2012
Patience, patience and more patience. It's not so easy but just remind yourself that you won't be living with them forever.
One thing is certain though, they love you and want the best for you even if it appears they don't show it. When you become a parent, you'll appreciate them more, trust me.
Re: How Do You Deal With Very Annoying Parent(s)? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
Hey take it cool are you a guy or a girl? I'm a guy too and my mum is always on my neck. They ain't saints too. I am even thinking of relocating totally from where I live to the town my school is for my masters programme. Though I've got a job that pays little here but I have decided to resign and relocate cos that is the only way thing's would not get out of hand. The basic reason is that myself and my mum seems to differ on everything. And I am one strong willed man (which I got from her ) and I don't show any emotions love, hatred, disappointment and I am a loner too once I grab any of my musical instruments(I play guitar piano saxophone and violin) or I am reading(I am running an m.Eng prog and I'm still 24yrs) I don't really care if the world comes down lol so my advice . Try and get something doing like pursue a career or learn music and work at leaving their house. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Very Annoying Parent(s)? by ifyalways(f): 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2012
@OP,have you tried talking with them?Not screaming or shouting in the face of a rebuke but a gentle heart to heart talk on a good day when the nerves are calm?

The importance of patience cannot be over emphaszied.You need loads of it.They are the only parents you have and the motive behind every of their action is "helping you to be a better you" while their driving force is "love" . . .always think about that.
Re: How Do You Deal With Very Annoying Parent(s)? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2012
@OP
what about moving into your own place?!
Re: How Do You Deal With Very Annoying Parent(s)? by ronkebp(f): 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2012
Don't worry when you have your children you will have an understanding of hown to deal with ''annoying parents''.
Re: How Do You Deal With Very Annoying Parent(s)? by xxcarolxx(f): 12:26am On Jan 05, 2012
Appreciate your parents, they are looking out for you, God forbid if anything happened to them you would wish that you could spend another day with them, So appreciate them even though they may get on your nerves from time to time,
Re: How Do You Deal With Very Annoying Parent(s)? by bigbumper(f): 1:01am On Jan 05, 2012
Naughty steps, works all the time grin

There was a similar thread about 2 months ago, will find time to dredge it up later cool
Re: How Do You Deal With Very Annoying Parent(s)? by dollya(f): 1:24am On Jan 06, 2012
u have to be patient till u are old enough or financially capable to move out of ur parents house. tongue
Re: How Do You Deal With Very Annoying Parent(s)? by r231(m): 1:29am On Jan 06, 2012
move out cheesy grin
Re: How Do You Deal With Very Annoying Parent(s)? by Agluvs9ja(f): 7:58am On Jan 06, 2012
I used to feel like that towards my parents. . . Until my dad passed on suddenly after a brief illness. . . Now everyday since he died i've been crying for God to bring him back to that i could show him the appreciation he very well deserved. . . My point is PLS learn to appreciate ur parents in everyway you can, cus you might wake up one day and not have one or both of them around. Then you'll wish you appreciated and respected them more dan you ever did. . .

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. / Is It Right For A Woman To Get Pregnant Without Her Husband's Approval??? / UPDATED: Please Nairalanders, I humbly solicit for your help !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.