Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,671 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? (5015 Views)

Mass Protest Against Oshiomhole Administration Rocks Benin City / Buhari Warns Family Members Against Corruption / Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2012
Jonathan says subsidy, it is bad for the masses and people are rising up against it. Why haven't we had such a solid stand or a massive bitter protest against corrupt officials, our archenemies, all these years Our lukewarm attitude toward the main issues of this country really pisses me off angry. How greatly saddened I become when I see childish comments some people here make about corruption, at some point I am  almost made to believe that most Nigerians see it as the inevitable or a way of life!
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by Dyt(f): 12:52pm On Jan 04, 2012
corruption s a name dats got so many faces hidin beneath it bt d subsidy wz declared by known faces
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by jamace(m): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2012
Gradually, we shall get there. One thing will definately lead to another. Aluta continua!
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2012
ekwah:

Jonathan says subsidy, it is bad for the masses and people are rising up against it. Why haven't we had such a solid stand or a massive bitter protest against corrupt officials, our archenemies, all these years Our lukewarm attitude toward the main issues of this country really pisses me off angry. How greatly saddened I become when I see childish comments some people here make about corruption, at some point I am  almost made to believe that most Nigerians see it as the inevitable or a way of life!

Gbam a mass protest on corruption would unite us all o.
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by stepo707: 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2012
In Nigeria? I doubt it
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by rasqman: 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2012
@POSTER, Who is more corrupt than your GEJ himself? pchwwwwwwwww, Idiot!
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by monopolist: 4:16pm On Jan 04, 2012
The Year of the LORD 2014
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by Koolking(m): 4:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
There is no lead time to fight corruption. It will be spontaneous. An event will trigger that. It can happen tonite. The time is not ripe. No scientist or prophet ever foretold a mere street hawker would trigger a revolution that would topple the most powerful govt in Tunisia. A day of reckoning will soon come in Nigeria. People should not be deceived that Nigerians are too docile, too weak, too compromising to revolt, else you will be stranded at the cross road.
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by domack99(m): 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2012
@poster this is the main issue that baffled my mind always. Our main enemy is not subsidy, an average Nigerian want subsidy to go but just that somethings must be put in place before implementing the subsidy and the reason why those things are not in place is because of corruption, so corruption is our main enemy, corruption shouuld be the reason why we should go on strike, corruption is what should be removed not subsidy.
Why can't Nigerians NLC,TUC, NUPENG,PENGASSON, etc go on strike until when death sentence or life imprisonment is implemented for any corrupt practices no matter how small without option of bail and no presidential pardon
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2012
stepo707:

In Nigeria? I doubt it
We are used to suffering. . .it is in our blood, it has become our way of life. We are weak, elstupido, and we love being used. That is what our parents have bred into us. We are you know sorta slaves in a way. . . . . .the earlier you realize it and give up, the better - it is no use trying to fight.

There is no point at all, abeg i o, make we go find work do jare (good work or bad work  -  any work you can lay your hands on).

All you people fighting against fuel subsidy, when hunger nack you, them no go teach you to go find work do.

[size=14pt]HE THAT RUNS AWAY LIVETH TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY - NA US THEM MAKE THAT QUOTE FOR.[/size]

1 Like

Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2012
I am expecting to see this type of protest happens in Nigeria. It is time the youths take the right to fight for their future in that country.
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2012
Koolking:

There is no lead time to fight corruption. It will be spontaneous. An event will trigger that. It can happen tonite. The time is not ripe. No scientist or prophet ever foretold a mere street hawker would trigger a revolution that would topple the most powerful govt in Tunisia. A day of reckoning will soon come in Nigeria. People should not be deceived that Nigerians are too docile, too weak, too compromising to revolt, else you will be stranded at the cross road.
Abeg live all that scientific talk o jare, the only trigger - na for police to pull trigger and kill innocent victims (and na only shout una go shout).

all4naija:

I am expecting to see this type of protest happens in Nigeria. It is time the youths take the right to fight for their future in that country.
You might die waiting, it is best to believe and accept like me - that it will never happen.
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by agubata111: 4:41pm On Jan 04, 2012
small kids were playing police and driver. the driver drove his toy car pass the policeman. the police stopped his bus. next? he brought out wraps of sweets for bribe. and was allowed to pass.  seems we hav acceepted corruption as culture and hav taught our children also cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by Akiika: 4:43pm On Jan 04, 2012
Maybe when some of us on NL grow up to understand that we are the victims here and stop writing comments based on tribal, ethnic and religious sentiment. Maybe when we stop verbally abusing any contributor that has a divergent opinion from ours on issues, then we can have a common front and confront the oppressors.
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by AfroBlue(m): 4:43pm On Jan 04, 2012
Nigerian Politicians Use Dubai As Their Safe Haven Now

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-822654.0.html
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by Funkymallam(m): 4:44pm On Jan 04, 2012
How many of our representatives v we been able to recall?
When are we going to stand against jumbo pays and criminal recurrent expenditure? embarassed :/
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by lifestyle1(m): 4:52pm On Jan 04, 2012
Is it possible to protest against oneself ? undecided
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by philip0906(m): 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2012
all4naija:

which youths?
-the nigerian youth who is more interested in using d latest blackberry fones wether he/she can afford it or not?
-d nigerian youth who on his/her facebook page indicates- political views:not interested?
-d nigerian youth who is more interested in fashion than anything?
-d nigerian youth who does not even know anything about politics?(there are many of these youths who cannot even define subsidy)
-d nigerian youth who tells u "if me sef become president,i go chop my own" ?
-d nigerian youth who prefers 2 spend his/her time at elegushi beach rather than on something useful/meaningful like d protests being talked about?
N.B I'm still a youth though
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by rasputinn(m): 5:11pm On Jan 04, 2012
The day you organise and lead one
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by JimmyBoy1: 5:13pm On Jan 04, 2012
This is what we should start before fighting in favour of the cabals.
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by kinguwem: 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2012
Nigerians are very sectional and egocentric in their approach to issues. corruption is the main problem affecting all the nations institutions but people are shying away from it. Most citizens are involved in corrupt practices directly or indirectly. As long as everybody is in his comfort zone, nothing will change in the country.
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 04, 2012
corruption is actually a part of man's psyche in varying degrees. and it can also be managed but Jona and his company have not been able to manage it wisely. The only man who did it well was IBB, chop make i chop attitude, but he messed it up too, Obj managed it ruthlessly but jona is dulling in every move.
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by Koolking(m): 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2012
*dhtml:

Abeg live all that scientific talk o jare, the only trigger - na for police to pull trigger and kill innocent victims (and na only shout una go shout).

Come out from your cocoon and rise above 'will-never-happen' syndrome. It is the same Police that will make it a bloody one. Change is imminent my brother.

You might die waiting, it is best to believe and accept like me - that it will never happen.
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by ndcide(m): 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
lots of nigerians are corrupt hence cannot fight corruption.
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by sweet9ja: 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
Here we go again fighting against ourselves and making sure that our future remain bleak.
Subsidy removal will actually benefit those fighting against it, alas, this Nigeria, give them a few naira and they are willing to forfeit their future. cry
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by sweet9ja: 5:36pm On Jan 04, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Gbam a mass protest on corruption would unite us all o.
Are you kidding, who'll lead it?
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by otokx(m): 5:37pm On Jan 04, 2012
From the look of things nothing will happen.
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by jmaine: 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2012
ndcide:

lots of nigerians are corrupt hence cannot fight corruption.

life_style:

Is it possible to protest against oneself ?  undecided

Classic . . .
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by eghost247(m): 5:57pm On Jan 04, 2012
Corruption that's one big i doubt Nigeria will ever cross but keep HOPE alive
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 04, 2012
@Dhtml "You might die waiting, it is best to believe and accept like me - that it will never happen."

I understand your opinion but I do not think accepting it is the best way out because things, under such a condition, will never get better. People should try to have a positive change of mind set about how they see corruption. Though it can not be completely wiped out, it can be reduced to its barest minimum at least beginning with a change in the mind set of the populace, who unfortunately are just too docile to act. I may not be able to organize a successful protest, but I know that a successful fight can be put up if people choose to not remain silent when corrupt govt officials continue to practice "lootocracy'".
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2012
A stand against Corruption might be the responsibility of all, it remains in the hands of a few United and Heavily Funded Secret Militant Group that is well-trained and highly connected to some disgruntled forces e.g Buhari or Atiku and key (highly placed) members of the Armed Forces and the implicit agreement of Super-power nations like the US, Britain and China (where they totally hate criminals and executed corrupt public office holders)

With this Secret Group. The following must be targeted for immediate assassination
1: Compromised nembers of the Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air-Force)
2: Compromised members of the Monarchy (There  goes the entire Chiefs, Sultans and Obas in Nigeria)
3: Compromised Governors and Deputy Governors (Families inclusive)
4: Ministers of key Sectors (Transport, Energy, Petroleum, and Defence)
5: All members of the Senate and House of Representatives (Leave none standing)

grin  grin  grin  grin
Re: When Will There Be A Mass Protest Against Corruption? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2012
ekwah:

@Dhtml "You might die waiting, it is best to believe and accept like me - that it will never happen."

I understand your opinion but I do not think accepting it is the best way out because things, under such a condition, will never get better. People should try to have a positive change of mind set about how they see corruption. Though it can not be completely wiped out, it can be reduced to its barest minimum at least beginning with a change in the mind set of the populace, who unfortunately are just too docile to act. I may not be able to organize a successful protest, but I know that a successful fight can be put up if people choose to not remain silent when corrupt govt officials continue to practice "lootocracy'".
That is the way i see things. I am hoping there will be a change though. . . . . .dont get me wrong, i am not exactly a passive person like that - and will never be.
But people are not even ready to do anything. The youths these days, it is all about swags, using Blackberry Bold 5, Iphone and all that. Nobody is ready to fight shit.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos / Panic As Fashola Lands In Fresh Trouble With Tinubu / Niger Delta Terrorist Releases Video Threatening To Kill Buhari's Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.