Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Olu Maintain Brags About His Material Posessions - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olu Maintain Brags About His Material Posessions (1024 Views)

D'banj Spotted With Olu Maintain In Owerri / Meet Olu Maintain’s Cute Son [see Photo] / Photo: Olamide Is Madly In Love With His Girlfriend, Brags About Her! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Olu Maintain Brags About His Material Posessions by shadrach77: 5:22pm On Jan 04, 2012
Living a low key life has been profitable -Olu Maintain
Written by Ayobami Adedeji
Sunday, January 1, 2012

After leaving the scene for a while, Yahooze crooner, Olumide Edwards Adegbulu, popularly known as Olu Maintain, is back. He recently dropped a single titled NAWTI, a track in his impending album. Days back, Olu told Mr. about his style and why he took a 'sabbatical'.

advertisement

How would Olu define style?

STYLE is an expression of your personality. If you don't have it, you can't force it; it has to radiate from within. I've always been someone who likes to stand out. I like to step out trendy and still maintain my star element.

How would you describe your style?

I like to glow.

Of all lifestyle materials, which do you have a weakness for?

I like diamonds; I have a fetish for diamonds. Although, I can't afford the diamond of my dream now, but I'm trying. I'm acquiring them by the day, because diamonds, for me, are like investments; you can insure them.

How much does your diamond collection cost now?

My wristwatch is 3.75 carat diamond. It costs about twenty thousand dollars, it's a customized one, I made it in Miami.

What kind of clothes are you comfortable with?

I wear the basic designer clothes that people wear, the Gucci's, Louis Vuitton ,but when it comes to accessories, I go extra mile. I have over 500 pieces of sun-shades made by Christian Dior. It has Swarovski stones on it; it's about two thousand dollars. Sometimes, it is even not the price, but the rarity. Maybe I'm the only one who owns one in Nigeria. I value that kind of exclusivity.

What inspires your style?

Any time I want to go out, I always like to show off, As an artiste. I love it when I make heads turn each time I step out. I want to be relevant because if I'm no more relevant, my bank account will shrink and if that happens, it means something is wrong. I have to make sure, my swag is intact.

What about shoes and belts?

I wear basic belts; Hermes, Gucci, Loius Vuitton . I wear regular shoes. I love shoes that give me confidence.

Favourite holiday spot?

I like Vegas, I've been there twice, and it is a perfect place that sometimes, I think it's very unreal. I've never been to Hawaii but I want to go, that's my next vacation spot.

What about food and drinks?

Ofada rice and Ijebu stew are my favourite any day. I don't drink alcohol but I like fresh fruit juice, because it's healthy.

Can you mention a few Nigerians that you love their styles?

I will give that respect to Eyimofe Atake. Abike Dabiri, Senator Florence Ita Giwa, Mo Abudu, Modupe Ozolua, Funmi Iyanda. I appreciate people like that because they have the phantom of youth .They keep reinventing themselves. I'm not doing bad myself, a lot of people have told me that I don't look 35.

What do you drive and do you have a dream car?

I dream to buy 2011 Bentley GT Continental, with customised interior and voice activation

How do you like to smell?

I'm a cologne person; I love it to a fault. I used to have over 200 bottles of perfumes. I have had some for four years. I also have top contenders like Lalic, Amarige and Black Orchid.

Why did your group, Kentro World break up, many have attributed it to irreconcilable differences?

Kentro World at that time was a project I invested in, and these were boys that I believed in. I still believed in them, but at a point, I told them that after the collaboration, they have to prove to me what they are capable of doing as a solo artiste. Bondo Crazy, the H ausa guy among them, seems to be the only one ready, In fact, he wrote 70 to 80 per cent of the songs in the album. At the end of the day, I said it will only be fair to him if I give him an opportunity for a solo career. Others couldn't get the opportunity he got. That was basically what happened, there was no conflict as against what people have been saying.

Tell us about your latest single, NAWTI and the album?

NAWTI is my retirement plan. I want people to remember me by NAWTI, an acronym of Natural African Woman Totally Inspiring. It's the 7th track of my album, titled 'The Chosen One'. NAWTI is a song that would be a game changer in the industry and the video is coming out in January 2012. That's why I've been quiet for over two years.

When you were off the scene, some people insinuated that you became broke, what have you been up to lately?

Like I have always said, music is not the means to an end. I am not under any pressure to release a song or an album. A lot of people see music as a means to an end. When your main objective is to focus on the passion, not the profit. Many people believe that it has been a while but I'm actually taking my time and working according to how I feel things should be done as regards my music life. I'm doing what will guarantee optimal productivity.

So how have you been able to sustain your fat bills?

Over the years, I've gained wisdom and it has made me prudent. I do the show but I don't do the blow. I have been able to follow the piece of advice of financial experts, I live averagely and comfortably, because I've taken certain steps in the right direction and I don't want to blow my cover

Aside music, what else do you do?

I have my hands in different pies; microfinance banking and other things are one of those things. I have investments here and there.

(1) (Reply)

Tuface Idibia Expecting Baby No.6. Baby Mama, Pero Adeniyi Pregnant Again / Damilola Adegbite Quits Tinsel / Can U Do This ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.