Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,390 members, 7,958,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:01 AM

Questions About Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions About Subsidy Removal (1051 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / I Get Confused When People Talk About Subsidy. - Buhari / Incredible Conspiracy Theory about subsidy payment-'Feat Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Questions About Subsidy Removal by bodejohn(m): 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2012
There is a big question on my mind while thinking about this subsidy issues. Like most Nigerians, I believe too that our economy cannot forever support subsidy on petroleum products the way it is been run by the GEJ govt. But I also believe that the spirit and passion of the removal is also completely wrong at this time considering the less than zero preparation of the government not to only cushion the effect but to provide alternatives to suffering Nigerians. All these got me think and I found a big hole in the argument of govt. According to govt. Sources some amount was budgeted for fuel subsidy last year but it was overpaid by about a trillion naira, that leaves the govt with some one trillion deficit. But there is no amount budgeted for subsidy in this year's budget how is the govt expected to make savings? You can only make savings on what you have, how does okonjo iweala plan to make savings on what was not budgeted for? Will the govt take what she used to pay back from the marketers? A quick answer to my mind confirms the fact that there was no subsidy in the first place. But not to live in my ignorance if that is the case, how does the govt plan to rake in savings of subsidy condering the fact also that she will no longer monitor consumption. I need some answers please,

(1) (Reply)

Army Deployment In Lagos Was Requested By Fashola, Says Army Spokesman / Suicide Bombers Are Being Forced Into The Act: Revelation By Abu Qaqa / Nigeria: Any Necessity For New State(s)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.