Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,413 members, 7,853,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:07 AM

Kano Protest In Pictures - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Protest In Pictures (11173 Views)

Protest In Abuja For The Expulsion Of Saeed-Koozechi Iranian Ambassador / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures / Fake Ohaneze Ndigbo Joins Kano Protest Against Mohammed Film (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by kulutempa: 10:50am On Jan 05, 2012
afam4eva:

In as much that i believe that Nigerians should protest against the removal of subsidy because it is a slap on the faces of Nigeria who haven't had it good since the beginning of this dispensation and it's also good to know that Kano is not missing in action but like someone said, would they have come out to protest had it been a northern president that was in power? I can't remember how many times northerners came out to protest the over fifty years of misrule headed by the northern oligarchy.

That tribal card has outlived its usefulness. Even Northerners are beginning to realise that their leaders have not done them any favours and that there is no tribalism when it comes to corruption. Nigerian masses are waking up at last and realising that their tribal leaders have been taken them for a ride since independence.
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 05, 2012
kulutempa:

You can't see anything otherwise you would not have made your comment.  Worse still, you have refused to use your brain, just like your silly President 'Goofy' Goodluck, who promised to 'dialogue' over subsidy removal and broke that promise.  The same retardeen, is now asking to be trusted.   I think you should go have a 'dialogue' with him.  That should be interesting.

Leadership is not a popularity contest! it is about taking hard decisions. It is about paying hard prices now for the sake of tomorrow.
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by Beaf: 10:52am On Jan 05, 2012
[size=21pt]REVOLUTION is the only way! REVOLUTION!![/size]
For fuel subsidy? shocked
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 10:53am On Jan 05, 2012
kulutempa:

That tribal card has outlived its usefulness.  Even Northerners are beginning to realise that their leaders have not done them any favours and that there is no tribalism when it comes to corruption.   Nigerian masses are waking up at last and realising that their tribal leaders have been taken them for a ride since independence.

It has outlived it's usefulness because a northerner is not i power. Don't get me wrong i'm not saying there's anything wrong in them protesting, i just want to know how they will react if a northerner were to be in power.
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by jidewin(m): 10:53am On Jan 05, 2012
Babzilla:

What an ignorant ni99a. So people protesting cant take time out to pray? And what part of the world r U from where they do jumaat prayers @ night. U think U being funny but the jokes on U dumb@$$
Obviously u are a northerner,my post is not a slight nor meant to be one.but as you've come up here aggrieved and angered,go and take a cold lacasera to cool down.if u think insulting me will be a medium to vent off,then u're completely mistaken. don't get me mad,u won't like it.
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by tollu: 10:56am On Jan 05, 2012
People have often said that the Northerners are the most politically savvy of all.
Whether they would have come out to protest if the president were a northerner or not is not the issue. The issue is that they are suffering and standing up for what they believe in.

It sad that one cannot say the same for some other regions, the apathy is unbelievable. We've all been shouting 'Revolution' and now a chance has been created for us to protest and sit still but so many people are still talking without thinking deep.
What am I saying sef? Do you need to think deep before getting angry about this?
Nobody is asking you to bear cudgels and guns, YET.
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 05, 2012
afam4eva:

It has outlived it's usefulness because a northerner is not i power. Don't get me wrong i'm not saying there's anything wrong in them protesting, i just want to know how they will react if a northerner were to be in power.
good observation but then since this is the situation we're in now, lets assume they will act the same way  wink
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 05, 2012
jidewin:

Obviously u are a northerner,my post is not a slight nor meant to be one.but as you've come up here aggrieved and angered,go and take a cold lacasera to cool down.if u think insulting me will be a medium to vent off,then u're completely mistaken. don't get me mad,u won't like it.
im a northerner, im not a nrortherner it doesnt matterand U'll never know. U sounded stupid and I pointed it out. the northerners have a saying that one covers up shame with madness no need to get mad U already are. good day wink
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by Kobojunkie: 11:00am On Jan 05, 2012
Those of you who have spent years on nairaland talking of how more educated and superior your tribes where compared to the Northerners, this here should be reason for you all to bow your heads in shame. Look at the mostly uneducated knowing to stand up, stand strong against what they consider injustice against them and their families.

I will be waiting for the educated illiterates out there come inform us of the number of Hausa's had to fly back to Nigeria for to get this crowd to gather -- to lead them-- for this cause.
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by Ess: 11:03am On Jan 05, 2012
tollu:

People have often said that the Northerners are the most politically savvy of all.
Whether they would have come out to protest if the president were a northerner or not is not the issue. The issue is that they are suffering and standing up for what they believe in.

It sad that one cannot say the same for some other regions, the apathy is unbelievable. We've all been shouting 'Revolution' and now a chance has been created for us to protest and sit still but so many people are still talking without thinking deep.
What am I saying sef? Do you need to think deep before getting angry about this?
Nobody is asking you to bear cudgels and guns, YET.

Nice one, we are just doomed in Nigeria, people will come again one day and regret their decisions to back out from the protest just as they are regretting voting for the clueless.
Nigerians will always get their own type of government and the govt will always rape them dry knowing their gullibility!
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by deols(f): 11:17am On Jan 05, 2012
Negro_Ntns (m)

Re: Kano Protest In Pictures
« #30 on: Today at 04:51:43 »

the resolve you all witness exhibited here for good civic duty is the same source stream from which Kanawa (Kano citizens) take resilience to jihad front. in a way, this is also jihad to them but i dont hear anyone criticising Islam now. We are educated in South but we lack depth and knowledge.

u are so so right
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by java002: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2012
I am very impress with the residence of kano, i hope every other part of nigeria will show the same resolve and resilient visible in the pictures and join in the occupy nigeria so that we can redefine ourselve as a people and begin the process of self deliverances from the evil minority that had held this nation in the grip of darkness in all ramifications.
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by Beaf1: 11:31am On Jan 05, 2012
oxford:

Most of these pictures are fake!!!!! Large crowd in an open space with public address system and a podium look to me like some thing from a a sai Buhari campaign rallies! I have never seen any protest without placards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oxford:

Most of the Buhari pre election rallies held only in the north are without posters, most of the almajiris and illiterate folks that attends dont even know why they were there

STFU man. I am in Kano right now and who cares whether dimwits like you believe this is true or fake? Nonsense!
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2012
I support fuel subsidy removal. I think dat most of them protesting are less educated on the issue or just doing so at d bidding of fuel-importers-cabal. We should know dat GEJ & his economic team mean well for dis country. No doubt, dis policy is excrutiating; especially on the transport sector. But, let us not forget d eg of China's patriotic sacrifices. The gains of subsidy removal, surely, will surpass d present pains. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by Samcious(m): 11:39am On Jan 05, 2012
Hi there, i do not think we should bring ethnicity/tribalism into this. There is no two ways to saying whay is BAD is BAD. Fellow Nigerians, i think we have to be reasonable enough and talk senses into the ears of our leaders! All efforts of our "HEROS PAST" must not go in vain.
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by jidewin(m): 11:43am On Jan 05, 2012
Babzilla:

im a northerner, im not a nrortherner it doesnt matterand U'll never know. U sounded silly and I pointed it out. the northerners have a saying that one covers up shame with madness no need to get mad U already are. good day wink
Babzilla or what is it u ID yourself with,U are RUDE.but I'll let it be.
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 05, 2012
Personally I would discourage any person from SE to participate in the so called demonstration. The subsidy is affecting everybody but then it's their one Nigeria (NN/SW ) you people should clean up the mess you put Nigerians in since the creation of this joke call Nigeria.

On the other hand, in most places casualties are being counted in single digit, by the time the people of SE starts demonstrating FG will unleash her killing machines on my people (in the name of accidental discharge) and you will start reading about double digit casualty among the protestants. As the saying goes in my place "agbesi tuo otune omulu ako"
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by Maximip(m): 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2012
Can someone distribute guns to protesters so we can start our revolution already undecided
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by y2kaustin(m): 3:26pm On Jan 05, 2012
@maximip, come and pic your own gun,distribution has started discretely which can you handle?AK47 or a GMPG?or an RPG or an Assault marine riffle.if you are man enough come out!!
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by bombay: 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2012
If they had done these when people where been killed by boko haram then it would be nice not now mate.
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by Starlett: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
Well, All I can say is that if God forbidding, these protests eventually turn into sectarian clashes, Nigerians should blame it on GEJ!
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by mratom: 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2012
i already know kano people are people on their own words, look how they sleep like what egyptian did, most of them has said they will note leave the place until the demand are met, and agreement has been signed between muslim and christian, that why i choose kano as the best state in naija, everything come to their way they unite and fight it back, imagine when kano pillars playing at home morethan 30,000 fans attend, up kano people,
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by Limaoscar: 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2012
The best so far with the Nigerian flag

This is not the Nigerian flag my friend! wink

On a serious note, I hope this protest is not hijacked by pro-Boko Haram movements in Kano or worst still an infiltration of the sect can be a major blow to the protet.
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by tlops(m): 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2012
Aluta continua!
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by Nobody: 1:31am On Jan 06, 2012
Those photographs are gathering of dangerous citizens and non-citizens!!!
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by karlmax2: 1:33am On Jan 06, 2012
frosbel:
GOMBE, Nigeria (AP) — A pastor says gunmen have attacked a church in northeast Nigeria, killing at least three people and wounding others.
Johnson Jauro of the Deeper Life Church in Gombe, the capital of Gombe state, said the attack happened around 7 p.m. Thursday. Jauro said he heard gunfire everywhere and lost his wife in the assault on the church.

Police confirmed the attack happened in Gombe, but declined to offer any details.
No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.

The assault came as northeast Nigeria has been facing attacks from a radical Muslim sect known as Boko Haram. It wants strict Shariah law to be implemented across Nigeria, a multiethnic nation of more than 160 million people.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5icOaICJSf4PHbRyzPfmhHMHln2Vw?docId=5314b56f39354a5ba23611adc7793c8c
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by slam7000(m): 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2012
im really worried about any form of protests in the northern part of nigeria,as most of those people there at the jubilee square do not know the reason why they have assembled and as usual they normally start with prayers with dangerous weapons either hidden in their pockets or stashed nearby to be distributed by same people who donate their local breads.someone said there was an old guy there.that old guy can wield the sword faster than u can blink.
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by otokx(m): 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2012
So what is happening now?
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by tlops(m): 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2012
From twitter!

David mark earns N600M annually yet Sanusi has d guts 2 say dt if the Fuel subsidy is NOT removed our economy will collapse.

Iyabo Obasanjo - 08055243731. Give her a call Now, Tell her her Father his ruining our future

FG saves 1.3trillion by subsidy, budget4Security/Boko Haram=N927b,almost 1trillion.how much,is left?Pennywise Pound Foolish.

Director (Transport Planning & Coordination) - Email: jnnwoko200@yahoo.com - Tel: 080333147144 & 08051655464 - Bombard them with CALLS/SMS

Pass the message direct to GEJ via his ADC Col Adegbe - 08036350313

Tell Diezani Alison Maduekwe how you feel - 08034025013

Tell Rotimi Amaechi how you feel - 07088980000

Reno Omokri's Boss : Oronto Douglas - 08055077077, 08033003890.

Tell Sen Bala Muhammed how u feel - 08051009192

Tell Gov Yuguda how u feel 07058626004

Flash! Tell H.E Mrs VP how u feel 08055567000

Adams Oshiomole : 08022901237 and 08073330330. Tell him how much of a traitor he is!

Tell David Mark how you feel - 08035008888
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by wolef1(m): 2:26pm On Jan 07, 2012
@beaf. who ever you are. may god bless you, i've been telling whoever cares to listen and shouting it everywhere even on facebook that the only way to cure and save this country is through revolution. that is the only way, else we are just wasting our time.
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by BlackBaron: 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2012
I'd always said the only time Nigerians protest is when there is an indirect effect on their bellies.

Why was there no similar protest against the scourge of Boko Haram, Corruption and whatnot. undecided
Re: Kano Protest In Pictures by executinal(m): 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2012
Nigeria face the main problem, Subsidy is gone and is for the good of NIGERIANS. Boko haram are killing innocent souls, protest against boko haram and leave fuel subsidy. Nigeria wake and stop chasing shadow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep / Ancient Map Of Africa (photos) / See How Nigerian Army Torture Boko Harams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.