Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,021 members, 7,859,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:45 PM

Love The Word Of God Or Hate It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love The Word Of God Or Hate It? (494 Views)

Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love The Word Of God Or Hate It? by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 05, 2012
[img]http://hoshiana.files./2011/11/holy-bible.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

Those who love the Word of God will accept all scripture, knowing that they are profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness. Bible lovers understand that their love for God is proven by their love for His Word. Certainly if one claims to love God, they will believe what He has spoken to us. Lovers of the Word will endeavor to conform their lives to the mandates of scripture, aligning their thoughts with His. They defend the oracles of God and share His Wisdom with others. They meditate on its precepts and seek God’s guidance in all areas of their lives.

Psa 119:97 MEM. O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.

Bible haters will either completely disregard the Word, or twist it to their own destruction. These will argue against our Lord’s will for mankind, thereby creating a god in their own image. Such actions stem from a spirit of rebellion because their hearts have been hardened due to the deceitfulness of sin. What is written is a rock of offense to the disobedient because it exposes their hearts and motives.

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

God Word is settled in heaven (Psalm 119:89), will not return void (Isa 55:11), is the Truth (John 17:17), is a shield (Pro. 30:5), is Life (John 6:63) and all scripture reveals the One the Father Sent – Jesus Christ, who IS the Word:

Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Bible is the written Word which reveals and leads to the Living Word, Jesus Christ, who alone is our salvation. We would do well to heed to the the holy men of God, who wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. Their prophecies all saw their fulfillment (and will in the future) in the person of Jesus Christ. He is the object of all scripture, the Alpha and the Omega, and the first and the last.

Psa 40:7-8 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, 8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
Re: Love The Word Of God Or Hate It? by buzugee(m): 1:40am On Jan 05, 2012
i shall choose the former. love it. shalom grin nice scriptures.
Re: Love The Word Of God Or Hate It? by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 05, 2012
O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.

Thank you frosbel for blessing me this morning with the Word.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan And The Security Of Christians In Nigeria / Set Them On Things Above / Altar Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.