Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots (7404 Views)

Cash Crunch Hits APC As Buhari Advises Party To Look Inward For Funding / Anyim Pius Under Investigation For Funding Pro-Biafra Activities - Sahara Report / Fresh Trouble For David Mark As INEC Card Reader Detects More Ghost Voters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by Kobojunkie: 11:15am On Jan 05, 2012
@Poster, quick question. What is wrong with funding protest against a policy? Do you believe it is WRONG or ILLEGAL to do such?  I ask because you posted this.
Ozin:

I suspect this all along!

What makes you think funding protests is WRONG? I ask especially since as citizens we all have rights to fund whatever cause we want and believe in.
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by doctokwus: 11:19am On Jan 05, 2012
Tales by beer parlor lights.I didn't know d fisherman also blivd in beer parlor gossips.Rubbish,rubbish,rubbish!!!
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by aljharem3: 11:20am On Jan 05, 2012
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, quick question. What is wrong with funding protest against a policy? Do you believe it is WRONG or ILLEGAL to do such?  I ask because you posted this.
What makes you think funding protests is WRONG? I ask especially since as citizens we all have rights to fund whatever cause we want and believe in.

+ 10

you know we have to many ethnic bigots and half-educated mo.rons on this site.
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by jmaine: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2012
Superstory . . . .The populace would not wait for any money bag to protest . .that was too cheap abeg . . .meanwhile . . .any fuel marketer funding protest is a saboteur and leaves much room for suspicion . . . If caught should be dealt with . . .
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by Rhino5dm: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2012
I pity those reading this obvious bigoted sectionally motivated ill-bred and concieved NEWS toilet paper.

Mid night folktales!!
. . .some members of Boko Haram and some terrorist and some US Marines and Some Marketers and some , . . ., some. LMAO.
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by 1025: 11:27am On Jan 05, 2012
this same jonathan told us that chief raymond dokpesi was behind the 1st oct bombing. jonathan told us he knows the sponsors of boko haram. this same jonathan knows the cabal that have been stealing the fuel subsidy money now 6 marketers are sponsoring fuel riots. what a silly statement?
we as nigerians have freedom of movements and associations. what is wrong in ppl protesting govt's criminal decisions? in other democratic countries of this world, opposition is legal but here opposition is a crime.
pdp is the problem of nigeria and as long as they remain in power, the problem continues.
how can we elect those that are killing us. how can we be paying a senate that is not part of the govt's decision making?
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by aljharem3: 11:29am On Jan 05, 2012
jmaine:

Superstory . . . .The populace would not wait for any money bag to protest . .that was too cheap abeg . . .meanwhile . . .any fuel marketer funding protest is a saboteur and leaves much room for suspicion . . . If caught should be dealt with  . . .

What is happening ? I though you were pro-removal of subsidy without anything on ground. All of a sudden you have changed your stance ?

Why should they be dealt with when the policy does not favour them ? Is it their fault that the government does not know how a run a company ?

Even in different countries, if a government want to close down a business, and protests are sponsor by Heads of the companies, they reserve the rights to organise a protest. because they are private companies.
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by Kobojunkie: 11:30am On Jan 05, 2012
1025:

this same jonathan told us that[b] chief raymond dokpesi [/b]was behind the 1st oct bombing. jonathan told us he knows the sponsors of boko haram.

The man too mugu. . . . .  I for use that to sue the federal government,get paid enough to pay my employees salaries for the next 100 years.
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 05, 2012
I support fuel subsidy removal. I think dat most of them protesting are less informed on the issue or just doing so at d bidding of fuel-importers-cabal. We should know dat GEJ & his economic team mean well for dis country. No doubt, dis policy is excrutiating; especially on the transport sector. But, let us not forget d eg of China's patriotic sacrifices. The gains of subsidy removal, surely, will surpass d present pains. God bless Nigeria!
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by jmaine: 11:46am On Jan 05, 2012
alj_harem:

What is happening ? I though you were pro-removal of subsidy without anything on ground. All of a sudden you have changed your stance ?

Stop convulsing . . .Dig up all ma subsidy related post and educate yourself . . . i support subsidy removal in a graded and a phased manner . .i don't belong to your clan who feels subsidy must remain by all means possible . . . . and the mode of implementation; i do not support and am not scared of airing my stand . .and i don't still give a shyte about your crying general . .that is my stand

alj_harem:

Why should they be dealt with when the policy does not favour them ? Is it their fault that the government does not know how a run a company ?

Just listen to yourself . . .so private companies must solely depend on assured free meals to remain afloat . .and their happiness must continuously be oiled with their greed and corrupt tendencies . . .Their happiness must be serviced with a status quo that benefits only them void of any open market competition . .

Guy . .drop your quaky fingertips and reason devoid of unnecessary bile . . .

alj_harem:

Even in different countries, if a government want to close down a business, and protests are sponsor by Heads of the companies, they reserve the rights to organise a protest. because they are private companies.

What business is the government closing   . . .There is more under the hood things you are not telling us . .  do you earn a living with those leaching fuel marketers undecided . . .Your energy source is becoming more clearer  grin
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2012
@poster, like the saying goes "don't curse the messenger, tackle the message"
I wont blame you for posting this because I sure know you copied and pasted the article from one junk media website sponsored by the Federal Government.

Now to the issue, I say enough is enough for Nigeria's security agencies to keep telling us "we are watching closely" or "we are still investigating" and the rest of jaguns they dish out. 3 years down the line they are still trailing those behind Boko Haram, Killers of Bola Ige, Mashal Harry, benefactors of the Siemens Scandal, AP shares, illegal sale of Government properties, and now those behind the sponsoring of the protest of Subsidy Removal. Enough of all these lies from the Security Agents and our Government.

Let's even assume the oil Marketers are the ones behind this, 170million Nigerians both home and abroad have come to the conclusion, that the marketers

are right on course, and doing the right thing. Afterall they are trying to save Nigerians from further going down the pit of abject poverty. They are trying to salvage the situation of worse state of increased Poverty, Unemployment, increase in crime, as well as mental and physical trauma that will be witnessed by Nigerian citizens. A work the Government Is meant to do.

In less than 9 months, the Nigerian government has turned its back, ears and hearts on those very people that voted them in.

Going to the amount in question, is it not justified using N1billion to fight the government's bad policies for their inhuman treatment on its citizens, than the supposed president and vice budgeting the very same N1billion for their food alone?

The answer is up to you the "messanger of the message" to answer.
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by Beaf: 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2012
I've always admired this jmaine guy. He really stands by his principles and delivers intelligent uppercuts.
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by Gbawe: 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2012
Lujan:

I support fuel subsidy removal. I think dat most of them protesting are less informed on the issue or just doing so at d bidding of fuel-importers-cabal. We should know dat GEJ & his economic team mean well for dis country. No doubt, dis policy is excrutiating; especially on the transport sector. But, let us not forget d eg of China's patriotic sacrifices. The gains of subsidy removal, surely, will surpass d present pains. God bless Nigeria!

Just listen to yourself !!! When will you guys ever learn even from current history hitting the world very hard i.e the credit crunch brought on by the evil of wanton greed and the unchecked excesses of capitalism? We must adopt a template of development that suits our peculiar current circumstances , vis-a-vis stage of development balanced with natural endowment, without anyone insisting we copy those far more developed than us !!!!

Do you think me and you would ever have a say in whether Western nations, to aid a particular stage in their development, subsidize certain sectors or not? They do it automatically !!!!! I.e stick a finger up at the world and do what is best for them !!!!! We all saw how, with Europe drowning, Cameron still bravely used a veto to do what he believes is best for Britain recently !!!! It is only us Africans who are never visionary enough to understand that doing what is best for us is the best way to develop.

[size=14pt]Even if , as an oil producer, we decide to supply refined derivatives of crude to our people free while selling to the world to earn income and foreign exchange, then that is our prerogative  as something we are allowed to do while , holistically, we get it right!!!![/size]  If Government is serious in Nigeria, then it should simply announce a state of emergency in certain sector within which all hands will be on deck to ensure we meet timeline targets. For example, this Government can announce that subsidy wil be removed in 2 years predicated on all hands being on deck to ensure refineries work, transport infrastructure is improved drastically through innovative fund-raising, thorough and sincere reform of the NNPC, PPRRA, genuine reform of customs to aid better border control, a robust fight against corruption particularly to ensure the oil sector serves the nation and not a few, etc, etc . If those conditions are then not met, then we don't remove subsidy !! Simple as that. We cannot argue for subsidy removal while Government is indolent, corrupt, irresponsible and unwilling to lead by example with the sort of sacrificial atitude we are seeing worldwide today !!!! Kilode !!!!!!

It should never be up to anyone to tell us , at a key stage in our development where we should be turning around decades of corrupt practices and the ruination stemming from adopting wrong policies , that Nigerians must pay a certain amount for fuel consonant with others. It is our fuel and we can use it creatively and in a socially responsible way to ensure the development of the majority in the most cohesive and logically heirachical manner !!!!

Why don't you take an example from what major oil producing nations, many with better per capita income and infrastructural development than us, are doing? Why do we let ourselves be bamboozled to the extent we now wish to support the visitation of avoidable hyper-inflation on a nation where nothing works based on economic theories that will ordinarily work best for developed nations?
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by Beaf: 12:24pm On Jan 05, 2012
^
Guy, aint you out on the streets, leading the "revolution?" shocked shocked
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by DRANOEL(m): 12:36pm On Jan 05, 2012
Beaf:

^
Guy, aint you out on the streets, leading the "revolution?" shocked shocked
these days you can be on the streets with your bb's,galaxy tabs,smartphones etc. seems you gej goons are really outta touch with nigeria
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
^^^ just when I get information that you are on the street on the side of Anti-People.
I will gladly want to show you what a real Revolution feels like.
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by aljharem3: 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2012
jmaine:

Stop convulsing . . .Dig up all ma subsidy related post and educate yourself . . . i support subsidy removal in a graded and a phased manner . .i don't belong to your clan who feels subsidy must remain by all means possible . . . . and the mode of implementation; i do not support and am not scared of airing my stand . .and i don't still give a shyte about your crying general . .that is my stand

What is the crying general all about

how does subsidy=crying general it makes no sense unless you just want to jab Buhari but this has nothing to do with buhari and I am no longer a buhari supporter since he is not the president.

Ok if that is ur stance then good

jmaine:

Just listen to yourself . . .so private companies must solely depend on assured free meals to remain afloat . .and their happiness must continuously be oiled with their greed and corrupt tendencies . . .Their happiness must be serviced with a status quo that benefits only them void of any open market competition . .

Guy . .drop your quaky fingertips and reason devoid of unnecessary bile . . .

My guy, I am saying one thing, you are saying another. Who said the government should not remove subsidy ? Have there been any infrastructure to suggest that the money recovered from subsidy would be used on whatever you were made to believe ?

Are we not saying the same thing about the government to stop paying the the so called thieves ? But private companies reserve the right to protest if the deal does not favour them OK !!!. If you and YOUR GOVERNMENT  are angry about it may be you should have though twice about removing subsidy without refinaries for NNPC and other governmental oil companies to leach on. Dude really you are not making sense.

jmaine:

What business is the government closing   . . .There is more under the hood things you are not telling us . .  do you earn a living with those leaching fuel marketers  undecided  . . .Your energy source is becoming more clearer  grin

Yes the government is closing those oil companies indirectly since they are labelled as thieves or you mean the government wants these companies to keep running even though they are thieves ?

I am an ordinary citizen and I believe the government is not open to us. 900 billion was the fuel susidy fuel calculated using the FG figures, but all of a sudden the FG arrived at 1.3 tr naira

who is fooling who ?
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by aljharem3: 12:52pm On Jan 05, 2012
Beaf:

I've always admired this jmaine guy. He really stands by his principles and delivers intelligent uppercuts.

you and Jmaine are out of touch and out of reality

Both PDP, ACN, Tinubu, Fashola, Jonathan , Sambo etc would be kicked out Insha Allah

[flash=420,420]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpc8gwCXDn8[/flash]
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by bilaya(m): 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2012
Nobody should believe this crap.They just put it out to justify their previous claims that marketers were benefiting from the subsidy.This is childish
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by vanunu: 1:07pm On Jan 05, 2012
The removal of oil subsidy is the best thing to happen in Nigeria for a very long time. People should please reason with the Govt. The days of the Nigerian oil cabals is gone for good.
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by estatemark(m): 1:13pm On Jan 05, 2012
the price must go back to N65 atleast for now until proper measures are put on ground to check mate corruption.
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by aljharem3: 1:14pm On Jan 05, 2012
estatemark:

the price must go back to N65 atleast for now until proper measures are put on ground to check mate corruption.

abi my brother, is that what we are protesting for
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by expert555: 1:14pm On Jan 05, 2012
The bastard must be arrested without delay
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by aljharem3: 1:15pm On Jan 05, 2012
vanunu:

The removal of oil subsidy is the best thing to happen in Nigeria for a very long time. People should please reason with the Govt. The days of the Nigerian oil cabals is gone for good.

YOU should reason is the time right ?

are infrastructure in place to absorb the effect ?
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by aljharem3: 1:15pm On Jan 05, 2012
expert555:

The bastard must be arrested without delay

why ?

Just one reason how he has broken the law ?
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by vanunu: 1:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
You people should ask why those that were given license to build refinery have not started, many years since the license were approved.   The people that are asking Nigerian government to build refinery are totally ignorant of how government businesses are run in Nigeria. what will it benefit Nigerians if government takes $4 billion to build refinery, only for that same refinery to last for only one year. People should reason, it is only the private sector that can build and manage refineries effectively in Nigeria, and time is now right for them to do that.
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by expert555: 1:43pm On Jan 05, 2012
The video is like child's play the police are more than protesters please go home the country will better off on the long run. The government can not removed subsidy and put it back again utill necessary things are put in place before reintroduction if the government reinstate subsidy now it will never be able to remove it again in the near future. Let the marketers go to hell, for the first time Nigerian have asked cabals to go to hell this is the beginning of you taking control of your life. The next stop will be those Theif sanators and house of rep members who  voted 45 million naira for themselves and moan about 18,000 naira minimum wage for you. GEJ is innocent of cabal financial crimes in Nigeria.
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by OmoTier1(m): 2:07pm On Jan 05, 2012
beaf, wait until this protest explode, we will fish you out from your hiding , Protest already MASSIVE in BENIN CITY, London mobilization is ongoing, ha ha, hope they would claim SHELL paid London Protesters , A government of deciet, full of liars and cheats! Abuja mobilization is underground, wait for the MASSIVE MASSIVE protest that will engulf Abuja next coming days!! We were not scared of the guns of the Military then We will not be scared now,
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by Abagworo(m): 2:10pm On Jan 05, 2012
vanunu:

You people should ask why those that were given license to build refinery have not started, many years since the license were approved.   The people that are asking Nigerian government to build refinery are totally ignorant of how government businesses are run in Nigeria. what will it benefit Nigerians if government takes $4 billion to build refinery, only for that same refinery to last for only one year. People should reason, it is only the private sector that can build and manage refineries effectively in Nigeria, and time is now right for them to do that.

I don't even know what some people think. Do you know that there are a lot of Petroleum experts on Nairaland? There are also oil merchants, oil explorers, Judges, Doctors, Commissioners, Army and Policemen on Nairaland.

The current price of fuel does not in any way discourage private investors. Government is rather preventing private investors from constructing their own refineries. Why are they terming the refineries constructed by these Igbo and Ijaw boys in Abia and Bayelsa as illegal? Why can't they allow people to build as much micro refineries as possible and supply them with crude oil?

Nigeria is full of deceit and it pains me when some supposedly enlightened citizens buy into cheap propaganda.

Assuming you are not an agent, I advice you to go and study oil refining procedure and how to construct the cheapest environmentally friendly refinery. That will leave you pondering what the difficulty really is.

There is a private refinery operating in Ahoada,Rivers State which was only licensed to produce diesel. Why? Anyway I have full information that they are making bulk profit by selling only the diesel produced from the crude which they buy at international price.
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 05, 2012
This sort of propanganda by government is a grave, unforgivable insult on our collective intelligence and sensibility. I just can't believe this. And someone was monstrously foolish enough to post this nonsense here? My goodness. I should catch some of you buffoons in real life. Blood would flow freely.

Prices of everything have increased exponentially, every ordinary Nigerian out there now realises that the cost of living has increased without a corresponding increase in their earnings, people have been impoverished beyond what words can describe, they realise that if the new fuel prices remain, then they would descend into unprecedented poverty, they are incredibly angry and they have made this known in every possible way - including protests. YET these inglorious government bas.t.a.r.d.s have the audacity to claim that protests are being sponsored and instigated? My goodness. Some of these heartless fools need to be butchered in the streets. I can't wait to join in. I smell blood.
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by Akintola11(m): 2:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
This is very obvious!! we are going through a real tough time, where many will try and disrupt the situation, We must stay strong and pray for Nigeria,

What Nigeria needs is the removal!! how will we grow and industrialize if we carry on this mass payment that in all honesty only helps the upper class, smugglers and all those who only care for their pocket!

a good article worth reading!-------> www.thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-subsidy-withdrawn
Re: 6 Oil Marketers In Trouble For Funding Fuel Riots by 9ijaMan: 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2012
Cheap propaganda as this will no longer work. GEJ and his cohorts must be thinking all Nigerians are as dumb and moronic as the likes of Beaf et al on NL. These foolish people in government will not seize to amaze me. Enevn my 6 years old child laughed after I explained the story to him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Guns And Rifles Allegedly Recovered By DSS From Dasuki. / There Is Fire On The Mountain Here In Aba / EndSARS Protests: Enugu Panel Of Inquiry Commences Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.