Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor (7885 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 / Bomb Blast In Bauchi NYSC Camp? (Just A Rumor) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by aljharem3: 3:36pm On Jan 05, 2012
Breaking News: Jonathan's Media Adviser - Dr Reuben Abati has tendered his resignation - Presidency

It's false
Just after a 2009 article of Dr. Reuben Abati, former chairman of the Guardian Editorial Board and spokersperson to President Goodluck Jonathan, criticising the removal of fuel subsidy has gone viral on the internet, rumours have begun to circulate widely that Dr. Abati has resigned his appointment.

YNaija reached out to Dr. Abati this afternoon and he has confirmed the rumours are untrue. “It is a lie that I have resigned. It is blackmail. I am in the office,” he told our correspondent.

He however demurred on other questions. “My apologies. I am in a meeting and will call you back,” he said.

The mass protests over fuel subsidy removal over the past week have given rise to a series of mis-information, including the erroneous news yesterday that the Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala had threatened to resign. YNaija exclusively broke the news that it was false.

http://ynaija.com/exclusive-reuben-abati-pushes-back-i-have-not-resigned/

renoomokri Reno Omokri
There is no truth to the reports that Dr. Reuben Abati has resigned from his job. The entire media team are intact and behind the President.
https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/154918725122920448
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by kokoA(m): 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
Source?
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by aljharem3: 3:38pm On Jan 05, 2012
kokoA:

Source?

rumour
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by aljharem3: 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2012
Just after a 2009 article of Dr. Reuben Abati, former chairman of the Guardian Editorial Board and spokersperson to President Goodluck Jonathan, criticising the removal of fuel subsidy has gone viral on the internet, rumours have begun to circulate widely that Dr. Abati has resigned his appointment.

YNaija reached out to Dr. Abati this afternoon and he has confirmed the rumours are untrue. “It is a lie that I have resigned. It is blackmail. I am in the office,” he told our correspondent.

He however demurred on other questions. “My apologies. I am in a meeting and will call you back,” he said.

The mass protests over fuel subsidy removal over the past week have given rise to a series of mis-information, including the erroneous news yesterday that the Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala had threatened to resign. YNaija exclusively broke the news that it was false.

Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by gymer(m): 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2012
alj_harem:

Breaking News: Jonathan's Media Adviser - Dr Reuben Abati has tendered his resignation - Presidency

See the link below:

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9338:i-have-not-resigned-abatiiwealla-did-not-threaten-to-resign&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=67
He has not resigned.
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by aljharem3: 4:23pm On Jan 05, 2012
gymer:

See the link below:

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9338:i-have-not-resigned-abatiiwealla-did-not-threaten-to-resign&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=67
He has not resigned.

alj_harem:

Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by mukina2: 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2012
renoomokri Reno Omokri
There is no truth to the reports that Dr. Reuben Abati has resigned from his job. The entire media team are intact and behind the President.
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by Jarus(m): 4:30pm On Jan 05, 2012
Nigeria is now a nation of confused jesters.

One day, one drama.
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by nagoma(m): 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2012
But after re-reading his write up against fuel subsidy removal (1st March 2009), he should actually resign if he has an ounce of self esteem and dignity left in him. It's a shame. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by Mobinga: 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2012
mukina2:

renoomokri Reno Omokri

One criminal supporting another criminal.

Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by doctokwus: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
If he resigns now,he will actually b a hero& his misadventure wud b 4gotten.But d honest truth is that its mere wishful thinking,well u get there& see that everybody is getting away wt anything as long as they are rich,u begin to feel its foolishness to stand on d side of truth& justice
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by nku5: 6:10pm On Jan 05, 2012
I think this reno omokri guy has to be the most insulted person in the country today,after GEJ, Patience Umblerra and Okonjo Iweala.

PPl have been laying into him on twitter big time,if abuse dey kill the guy for don die since
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by kizito96(m): 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
Ruben cannot resign. He is enjoying his stupid job
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by eros(m): 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
Reuben Abati is a coward and a two faced arse licking prick. angry angry angry
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by honeric01(m): 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2012
maybe he wants to die there.
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by aljharem3: 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2012
honeric01:

maybe he wants to die there.

Are you minding him, It is amazing how people change. Reuben is a disgrace
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by sniperwolf(m): 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
Another rumour
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by sniperwolf(m): 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
Another rumour
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by sniperwolf(m): 8:38pm On Jan 05, 2012
Another rumour
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by clip: 12:30am On Jan 06, 2012
I meet Reuben Abati in Port harcourt Literary festive held at presidential hotel.He was one of the resource person.Wonderful person and intelligent. What about Segun Adeniyi from Thisday with Yar dua.
When they get political appointment they tend to have different views to what we know them for.
Is it the office that change their views or they now know what they don't know before that is good but can not be explained.
I imagine what Reuben would have written if he is not in government in editorial and article section of Newspaper
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by shockreaction(m): 4:20am On Jan 06, 2012
Haha. People change.

In this case, I think we can agree that politics does change people. I wonder how much he's being paid.
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by monkeyleg: 7:04am On Jan 06, 2012
People dont resign in Nigeria, they either get sacked or die on the Job. It is very un-nigerian to resign
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by donobi(m): 7:45am On Jan 06, 2012
Ruben abati resign not in this world. U people forget that resignation is not in nigerian politicians dictionary. If na u u go resign?
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by zxtos: 8:33am On Jan 06, 2012
People dont resign in Nigeria, they either get sacked or die on the Job. It is very un-nigerian to resign

Ruben abati resign not in this world. U people forget that resignation is not in nigerian politicians dictionary. If na u u go resign?

Wonder why this is so? Could it be that majority lack integrity or is it the hype that comes with such positions or the vast poverty that exist in the environment or just other factors that only them can explain.
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by dexterousg: 8:35am On Jan 06, 2012
Never considered him a credible man
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by musiwa43: 8:56am On Jan 06, 2012
i read beaf is bemigho reno omokri. that person lies and manipulate information.  this i judge from dealing with young man called beaf. It is a shame that people like this are allowed to hold office. I am shock that such an unreliable person like Beaf was working for Jonathan Goodluck.

I remember the many lies he told about me. It is a shame to the nation of Nigeria. That liar are allowed to reign in power. Beaf is a liar .  If Beaf is remo omokri.The nation of nigeria is finished.
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by mastro: 9:19am On Jan 06, 2012
But after re-reading his write up against fuel subsidy removal (1st March 2009), he should actually resign if he has an ounce of self esteem and dignity left in him. It's a shame. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

i[b]f he has an ounce of self esteem and dignity left in him[/b] are the operative words here
Re: Reuben Abati Has NOT Resigned. It's A Rumor by luluosas(m): 8:41pm On Jan 06, 2012
Whether he resigned or not, his appointment was also rumoured and he denied it squarely. But today, the rest is history.
I therefore also see him going out the same way he came in.
#OccupyNigeria

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo: It’s Time For Executive, Legislature To Focus On Welfare Of Nigerians / Oyo Assembly Only Active When Financially Induced To Approve Loan Requests - APC / Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.