Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

GEJ To Import 1600 Buses: What Happened To Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ To Import 1600 Buses: What Happened To Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (873 Views)

#madeinnigeria: Open Letter To Innoson And Other Manufacturers - Dr. O Aligwekwe / Nigerian Army Pays A Visit To Innoson Motors For Possible Patronage / The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ To Import 1600 Buses: What Happened To Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by OmoTier1(m): 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2012
INNOSON VEHICLE MANUFACTURING CO. LTD

Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (IVM) was commisioned by His Excellency, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan at Nnewi. IVM is part of the Innoson Group of Companies founded by the visionary Chairman, Mr. Innocent Chukwuma, Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON).

IVM introduces automotive products from China, Japan and Germany. It's product line includes heavy duty vehicles, middle and high level buses, special enviroment friendly vehicles. The company carries out optimization design and assembly according to west african road condition so as produce suitable products at affordable prices.

The company also provides good services for repairs and parts supply. All these actions are engineered to meet the customers' special requests, attain the highest possible performance and safety standards and also make the vehicles suitable for the west african market.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What happened to these guys? Check out their website >>> http://www.innosongroup.com/innosonmotors/buses.php
Why would government go import when a local Manufacturer is available?, So much of the 'FRESH AIR'

Again, if the FG actually planned this 'Pallative' measures,  then it would have been long concluded that companies such as Innoson would be encouraged by FG patronage, instead, they have gone to pump billions to their accounts overseas in the name of  Fusel Subsidy removal 'Pallative' measures! 

Government of the Fraudsters, by the Fraudsters and for the Fraudsters , more evidence this government does not have Nigeria at heart!
Re: GEJ To Import 1600 Buses: What Happened To Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
you are asking oga fresh british dustbin to buy nigerian shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: GEJ To Import 1600 Buses: What Happened To Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by OmoTier1(m): 6:25pm On Jan 05, 2012
oyb:

you are asking oga fresh british dustbin to buy nigerian shocked shocked shocked shocked
Oh well, i thought, i mean i thought, i , i, err, thats a good question, it's local economy stupid!! cheesy.

On a very serious note, a government that truly has its citizens at heart would consider immediate expansion of existing manufacturing hubs as key to growing the economy! You have seen how Obama has been using US economic and military might to win orders for F-35, F-16 and even the B787 aircraft which will get over 200,000 americans employed for about 5years or more,

Why can't GEJ do same with this Bus Import Scam ,
Re: GEJ To Import 1600 Buses: What Happened To Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 05, 2012
another good pointer to his economic policies;kill our industries after slaughtering us with subsidy removal. and madam imf supervised this?
Re: GEJ To Import 1600 Buses: What Happened To Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by karlmax2: 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2012
Una neva even Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ the bus I thought Ʊ people said the bus thing is not good enough!

How did Ʊ knw the make and if is imported?
Re: GEJ To Import 1600 Buses: What Happened To Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by OmoTier1(m): 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2012
karl max:

Una neva even Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ the bus I thought Ʊ people said the bus thing is not good enough!

How did Ʊ knw the make and if is imported?
I thought you had some cells left in your brain!, Go goggle NTA news yesterday and you will see where the Minister of misINFORMATION, said categorically that FG will be importing 1600 diesel buses as part of its 'Pallative' measures to help with transportation around the country!

FYI, this sort of information/news flash is what we should hear from LGAs/State Governments and the FG ought to have a policy in place to discourage purchase/importation when there is actually a local manufacturing firm down here!

How about a Policy where by Government pays 5% towards the purchase of locally manufactured/Assembled vehicles with a strategic drive to get all assembly plants to convert to manufacturing plants within 5years
Re: GEJ To Import 1600 Buses: What Happened To Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by deadie(m): 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2012
@poster
Innoson would have gotten the patronage if he was Hausa, believe that.
Re: GEJ To Import 1600 Buses: What Happened To Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by VoodooDoll(m): 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2012
There should be a concerted effort for local manufacturers and the local economy to benefit. Or is GEJ afraid that if he grants the contract to Innosson people will then claim "patronage"?
Re: GEJ To Import 1600 Buses: What Happened To Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by OmoTier1(m): 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2012
deadie:

@poster
Innoson would have gotten the patronage if he was Hausa, believe that.
I think it really sad that our local manufacturers are ignored by the FG whenever they want to buy or procure anything from stationary to exotic goods and even services.

If the FG do not aggressively patronize assembly/semi-manufacturing plants like Innoson Motor Vehicle company, is it the private sector that will do such?

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Leaders Launch Ojukwu’s Dream Today In Ahiara / Escape Of Madalla Bomb Blast Suspect / Tb Joshua Advised The President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.