Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,893 members, 7,810,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Going Back To Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Going Back To Nigeria (1448 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going Back To Nigeria by hazeleyes(f): 7:13am On Mar 15, 2006
Hi Guys!!!

This is my first time of logging onto this and I must say for someone who has been out of the country for almost 15yrs, I'm well impressed. like someone said its really nice that you guys have got each others back, really am well chuffed.

Now to my question, I have this burden to come back home, but thing is i really don't know where to start or what i should be looking for as per jobwise, Accommodation ain't a problem so thats sorted.

Any Ideas?[
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by hazeleyes(f): 7:16am On Mar 15, 2006
Ever so sorry shocked

I meant to say Guys,
no offense Ladies as i am one myself
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by dappy777(m): 8:07am On Mar 15, 2006
In getting a job, it depends on what experience you have and the industry. A good way to start will be to browse some Nigerian websites to check the current vacancies.
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by hazeleyes(f): 8:15am On Mar 15, 2006
Gee, thanks Man,

wasn't expecting a quick reply, see thats the problem, i have worked in the Cosmetic Industry for over 8yrs, then changed to a different proffession and now studying for my ISEB Exams ( Software Testing). so am at loss of what to do or to be looking at. plus i would need something that would give me time with my son, as that is the whole reason of coming back home
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by kajad(m): 8:18am On Mar 15, 2006
where will you be residing?
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by hazeleyes(f): 8:21am On Mar 15, 2006
well, I've got four options mainly Port-harcourt as i went to uni there, abuja, my step brother lives there, lagos other family or outskirt of lagos my mum has a place there
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by kajad(m): 8:37am On Mar 15, 2006
Good places! i am assuming you would want to go into computers (software testing) i think i saw something on that yesterday. i would send it to you asap.
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by hazeleyes(f): 8:54am On Mar 15, 2006
THANKS MATE
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by hazeleyes(f): 11:05pm On Mar 15, 2006
Gee,

thanks a lot mate.

do appreciate this.
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by kajad(m): 9:39am On Mar 16, 2006
you're welcome!
feel free to get in touch for any information, it wouldn't be a bother.
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by hazeleyes(f): 7:24pm On Mar 16, 2006
Wil Sure Do.

tanks wink
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by bisisexy(f): 9:33pm On Apr 05, 2006
hazel eyes thanks for putting ur son first,welcome to naija, if u had a first degree in nigeria b4 with any diploma or degree abroad ur hot cake,pls i have a friend in london that needs a nice job, can u help me out,abuja will b d best start 4 u,i lived all my life in lagos nothing, when i went to serve in kaduna,had time to explore abuja it,made a big change, any way if ur back need any help let me know,
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by zeezu(m): 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2006
hi ya

my family are based in lagos and i have family friends in abuja so i dnt really mind it could be either.

thanks for ur quick reply isaac
cheers
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by Gomer: 4:36pm On Apr 06, 2006
Hey hazeleyes,
Good thing you're thinking of coming home but i'd rather you think of going to abuja. You say you've been away, what, 15yrs? Dont know how you'd cope in Lag or P.h. especially with your son - my opinion though but if you strong there's nothing you cant do. Just keep checking this site, you'l find something soon wink
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by kajad(m): 4:41pm On Apr 06, 2006
zeezu:

hi ya

my name is Azeez i am a new member of nairaland and i am planing on relocating back to nigeria but i dnt hav a clue on how to get jobs.your response will be apprecaited
Depends on the type of job you want. Give us a clue and the locations you will like to settle. I think the action places are Lagos, Abuja and PH.
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2006
@hazeleyes, I feel you cuz I myself would love to go back once I graduate or so, That is my dream, that is to work and live in Nigeria but I know am basically going to reside at Abuja since all the gov't jobs are there as I am reading Political Science. Go online and search for jobs in Nigeria. As someone already said, since you have a degree from abroad, you are good to go, goodluck
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by hazeleyes(f): 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2006
Geez,

wot can I say ,
tanx u guys,

sorry, its taken dis long to reply, went away for my b/day.
i've taken all information on board and checking out some other stuff,

mostly importantly, preparing for 9ija dis summer, should be fun,

it'll be my son's first time there and mine in like 4eva.

at least that should help make up my mind.

Oh by the way, passed my ISEB exams ( so am now a qualified software tester) yipeeeeee,

am so well pleased for myself. grin grin grin grin

though my mum thinks its too much book for a woman ( better still a single parent) embarassed embarassed embarassed

my son is thrilled , which is what is more important,

might decide to do some contract work over ere to get so dosh 1st abi
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by gidig(m): 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2006
May your dreams and expectations come to pass!Welcome and be strong and of good courage!
Re: Going Back To Nigeria by KOT: 11:59pm On Apr 14, 2006
Hazel',

Best of luck with your move to naija. Put God before anything you want to do and it is well with you.
Could you advise me on the materials you used for you ISEB. Thanks and God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Big Up Guys! / Passport Office Cancel Some Passport Of Nigerians / Immediate Openings!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.