Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria (5780 Views)

The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo / Lagos Buys 30 New Buses For Intra-City Transportation / The 1600 Buses GEJ Launched Were Bought By Yar'adua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 11:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
In response to the protests against oil subsidy removal, the FEC said it's taking delievery of 1600 buses for mass transit on Monday. Can someone help us confirm if some of (if not all) the buses were supplied by the Vehicle manufacturers in Nigeria. I can't imagine the FG sidelining her auto-makers in times like this.
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by JamesDoe: 12:07am On Jan 06, 2012
I was thinking the same. I have heard that there is a locally made bus - Innosson, I think. I do hope if they insist on "staying the course" that a significant chunk of that money goes to local manufacturers.
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by CyberG: 12:39am On Jan 06, 2012
This useless and clueless government will do the right thing for Nigeria? Let's wait and see. . .
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 10:09am On Jan 06, 2012
It will be a thing of shame if the FG that talks of the benefits of deregulation and the need to encourage local production fails to lead by example. As far as am concerned, this is the best way to tell the World and indeed Nigerias that it can be taken by its word. The vehicle manufacturers of Nigeria are asking for a financial lifeline in form of soft loan and i believe this amount of money can go a long way in keeping them in business.
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by Nyntynplus: 10:12am On Jan 07, 2012
Only God knws hw mch sum one gain in the process of supply those buses,
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 07, 2012
Innoson should tender a bid and lets see if it will be refused.
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by stagger: 10:21am On Jan 07, 2012
The entire 1600 buses are to be imported duty-free.

Another way of sharing the money!

[size=16pt]PDP, SHARE THE MONEY![/size]
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by JUO(m): 10:34am On Jan 07, 2012
lORD HAVE MERCY
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by xavier3g(m): 11:20am On Jan 07, 2012
The buses made by innoson are really good and i believe as efficient as most of the Japanese and Korean buses, i don't know why the FG wont support them.

Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by iGuru1(m): 11:29am On Jan 07, 2012
Just do the maths, over 744 lga divided by 1600 buses.
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by Timmy321(m): 11:39am On Jan 07, 2012
The 1600 dey Sokoto. Nonsense Government. Where have you ever seen Nigerian Government fulfill their promise talk more of this USELESS GOVERNMENT OF BADLUCK.
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by Remii(m): 11:41am On Jan 07, 2012
Timmy321:

The 1600 dey Sokoto. Nonsense Government. Where have you ever seen Nigerian Government fulfill their promise talk more of this USELESS GOVERNMENT OF BADLUCK.

lol, go ask ASUU and other unions, negotiation over negotiation, agreement over agreement grin grin grin
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by adino(m): 11:44am On Jan 07, 2012
@stagger
The entire 1600 buses are to be imported duty-free.
Another way of sharing the money!
PDP, SHARE THE MONEY!

It is a pity, Jonathan may not be getting certain things right but then the problems facing him is legend. That dude is facing the greatest challenges ever to encounter a Nigerian leader dead or alive. It is not easy, but then his advisors are really a big problem to him and Nigerians. But, i believe these problems will be overcome either as a united Nigeria or a divided country preferably.

xavier3g
The buses made by innoson are really good and i believe as efficient as most of the Japanese and Korean buses, i don't know why the FG wont support them

very correct my guy, it is a treason for the FG to abandon Innosson at this moment but then I think Jonathan core cabinet (Think tank) is made up of mainly Innosson's kinsmen. Tribalism apart, i think Ohaneze should begin to question their people in govt. Innosson must not be allowed to die.

@Leomax
Innoson should tender a bid and lets see if it will be refused.

I feel you, the time has come for Nigerian businesses to fight for what is rightfully theirs and don't just wait for govt to do father Christmas. If Zenox Computer waited comfortably they will never have been considered by INEC.
The President cannot do everything that is why he has Ministers and Advisors.
Why cant the so called rugged NLC fight for Innosson  motors cause on this issue
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by karlmax2: 11:53am On Jan 07, 2012
i-Guru:
Just do the maths, over 744 lga divided by 1600 buses.

So fg would deploy buses to local goverment!! Nigerians are very funny!!!
Pls answer the following. Question
1.What is the purpose of creating a local goverment?

2.Does ur local goverment receive monthly allocation from the FG?

3.If answer to question 2 is yes what has ur local government chairman done with the fund in ur local goverment?

Nigerians should put there priorties right go and occupy the home of ur local goverment chairmen to account for the allocations they receive from FG and leave the FG alone
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by realistic1(m): 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2012
The federal Government should hold the state and local government accountable and responsible for misuse and inapropiate use of funds, if there is any allocation, besides they should be able to monitor the spending of their subjects.
If you cannot know what is happening around your house, with your kids and you call yourself a father? you must visit a syco.
I have happen to live in many western countries and have seen how the government operates independently does not mean that there is no accountability.
From offices to educational bodies to security, health, Institution to government all must have an open policies and accountability.
I happens to listen to Oshiemole addressing the subsidy removal and was shock that he said that there are many informations hidden from the people and they remain covered up. I wonder if he did covered such information from the state people what about if he happens to lead the nation the will do the same. And he repeatedly calls on the federal government to bring to book all those who benefited from fuel subsidy and in his state no one have been brought to book for misconducts in the government befor him,
We can no longer be decieved and I call on Nigerians to learn to say no and if we don't find anyone capable of leading us we shaould not vote anyon in in the first place and later be regretting.
Patriot or death
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by Knorkastur: 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2012
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by chino4(m): 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2012
If FG does not buy from innoson,he shd come out and tell nigerians or leak it to d press if he doesn't want to broadcast it.shikena.
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by Aringarosa(m): 1:45pm On Jan 07, 2012
Hurray!!!!! The coaster buses Goodluck Jonathan ordered have arrived. Guess what? He imported 1600 coaster buses for urban mass transit in 2012. How come we have a backward government bereft of their senses. If half of the Nigerian population has not traveled out of Nigeria to see how urban mass transit works, at least the BRT buses in Lagos are an example of minimum standard for the future. What happened to the same set of coaster urban mass transit buses in the last 30 years, go around Lagos you will find out. How will a coaster bus with 35 to 50 passenger capacity with one door be used for urban mass transit. I also hope the president is planning to import good roads as well as hospitals plus schools for the masses. The gods must really be crazy!!! #OccupyNigeria
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2012
you guys realy crack me up. If you are waiting for any bus i guess you will have to wait till THY KINGDOM COME
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by antartica(m): 2:09pm On Jan 07, 2012
Nigeria problem is not about fuel subsidy or more revenues,it is about getting the core fundamental right and that is responsibility. Whether they removed the fuel subsidy or not,buy millions of mass transits from oyinbo they are still going to be mismanaged. Nigerians still wont realize that they are theirs for keep aod for the upkeep of the society. If everyday nigerians can be as intuitive as common rats,they will flourish but no,foreign and indoctrinated religions like islam and christianity have beclouded their minds and sense of reasoning turning them into walking corpses without natural instincts.
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by initstime: 7:40pm On Jan 07, 2012
hope the imported new buses are not subsidized,
if anyone have an idea of the actual and supposed price of this buses ,do communicate the house
[size=14pt]GOD HEAL NIGERIA.[/size]
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by GAR3TH(m): 7:52pm On Jan 07, 2012
To answer your question, most likely none. Their are no companies in nigeria that manufacture buses. Yes I know there is innoson but they import their parts from abroad and ASSEMBLE them in nigeria. Which means buying buses from innoson is more expensive than buying from abroad. the second reason why I doubt the buses will be made in nigeria is, Innoson does not have the capabilities to manufacture assemble 1600 buses in such a short period of time.
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by fasa2020(m): 9:29pm On Jan 07, 2012
GAR3TH:

To answer your question, most likely none. Their are no companies in nigeria that manufacture buses. Yes I know there is innoson but they import their parts from abroad and ASSEMBLE them in nigeria. Which means buying buses from innoson is more expensive than buying from abroad. the second reason why I doubt the buses will be made in nigeria is, Innoson does not have the capabilities to manufacture assemble 1600 buses in such a short period of time.

Research more on how the Japanese and the likes gather parts and tell us what you discover, Well either assemble or manufacture, the fact is we have our own brand in vehicle history,

So you mean buying from abroad duty free will be cheaper than buying from innoson, if that is the case (though NO, i need figures to believe this ), does that mean the FG should ignore them and let them die young ?

Lastly, i believe with availability of funds and manpower (which we already have), innoson can manufacture thousands of buses within the time frame ! But they wont just help ! they prefer carrying the money go obodo oyinbo ! i wonder when we go starts appreciating our indigenous produce in this country,
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2012
GAR3TH:

Can you give me the name of one single company in the whole World that manufactures any of its brand from scratch to finish. You will be surprised to know that even Benz manufactures only about 70% of its vehicles u see around. Even if our local companies can they only assemble as u implied ( which is a lie) what stops the govt from patronizing them if for nothing else, to keep them in biz and encourage them to employ more Nigerians? yes Innoson and co may not supply all but they can supply even if its just 10% of the buses. If our govt can not patronise our companies, WHO WILL?
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by ARareGem(f): 9:45pm On Jan 07, 2012
fasa2020:

Research more on how the Japanese and the likes gather parts and tell us what you discover, Well either assemble or manufacture, the fact is we have our own brand in vehicle history,

So you mean buying from abroad duty free will be cheaper than buying from innoson, if that is the case (though NO, i need figures to believe this ), does that mean the FG should ignore them and let them die young ?

Lastly, i believe with availability of funds and manpower (which we already have), innoson can manufacture thousands of buses within the time frame ! But they wont just help ! they prefer carrying the money go obodo oyinbo ! i wonder when we go starts appreciating our indigenous produce in this country,

I couldn't have said it better. We must start from somewhere. The price difference can't be so much between imported buses and 'home-made' ones!
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by GAR3TH(m): 10:55pm On Jan 07, 2012
@fasa2020 and PHIPEX

Look i'm not trying to talk down or degrade anything, I'm just stating facts so people will understand. Like I said Innoson is just like Volkswagon of nigeria, they assemble cars for foreign companies, in this case Wuling Auto of China. The only thing is that with Innoson they change the badges of the vehicles. So its not a "made in Nigeria" car, its imported from abroad and assembled in nigeria. Just like if I mail a sony tv to nigeria, the tv is still made in japan even if you assemble it.

With that said My original response was to why the buses will most likely be from abroad, Because its cheaper and faster. But what I said does not represent my view. Like i said before i was only stating facts and the truth. My personal view is that the fg should patronize the local industries and inpower the people.
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by muyoto: 10:59pm On Jan 07, 2012
who did the delvery sef? when and how was the contract awarded?
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 12:18am On Jan 08, 2012
GAR3TH:

@fasa2020 and PHIPEX

Look i'm not trying to talk down or degrade anything, I'm just stating facts so people will understand. Like I said Innoson is just like Volkswagon of nigeria, they assemble cars for foreign companies, in this case Wuling Auto of China. The only thing is that with Innoson they change the badges of the vehicles. So its not a "made in Nigeria" car, its imported from abroad and assembled in nigeria. Just like if I mail a sony tv to nigeria, the tv is still made in japan even if you assemble it.

With that said My original response was to why the buses will most likely be from abroad, Because its cheaper and faster. But what I said does not represent my view. Like i said before i was only stating facts and the truth. My personal view is that the fg should patronize the local industries and inpower the people.

One of the things am happy about the presidents speech tonight is that he addressed our concern

18. Tomorrow, 8th January, I will formally launch a robust mass transit intervention programme to bring down the cost of transportation across the country. The programme will be implemented in partnership with state and local governments, labour unions, transport owners, and banking institutions, and supported with the provision of funding at zero interest rate as well as import duty waiver on all needed parts for locally-made mass transit vehicles, which will create additional jobs in the economy.

It shows our concern is not misplaced.
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by BlackPikiN(m): 1:06am On Jan 08, 2012
^^^^ I still believe GEJ is aware of Innoson.
I support the removal of subsidy in it's entirety.
The only advantage of the protest will make the govt. sit up to its responsibilities.
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by Hamintab: 7:38am On Jan 08, 2012
He who thinks multitudes of people can be foold, then he is the greatest fool dat has eva lived. 1600 buses for 36 states?, over a population of 150 million?.
Can some one just tell this yeye goat the total amount of marcopolo mass tranist buses deployd by Fashola for the BRT project in just major roads of Lagos only?. Or can we just tell him d figures of similar buses deployd by Winners Chapel (Convenant) for use in his city or even ouside the city to convey worshipers.
Ooooooo God!, GEJ your are tooo dull, i wonder how you became a lecturer talkless of govnr, dats y its not right dat we count on just lucky once to rule us in Nigeria, cos an slowpoke might just be lucky enof just like d one we av now.
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by 9jaCrusade: 12:08pm On Jan 08, 2012
Any body who believes gEJ can as well believe the devil will make heaven!!! I have never seen a Nigerian President that tells lies through both sides of the mouth. All he's doing is PR. he is in the process of perfecting his reactionary governance.
People say you are not "hard"- reply - I am not a Goliath and Phatoah or David
People say you are not tough- I am slow to decide because I need eternity to think
People say nothing is done on security- I hereby declare state of emergency
People say they don't want removal of subsidy- I will put in palliatives
People say your cost of governance is high- I'll cut 25%
and so on,

These reactions do not show a pro active somebody. The guy is just waiting for us to say what we don't like, then he swings to his devious schemers (advisers). They concoct answers for him and he comes to bobo us. The worst part is that all his weightless reactions do not yield one fruit. Just go through the list of his phoney answers above and tell me what he has done to courageously win over situations.

Well, my advice for him is that all the deceptive concoctions fall on deaf ears. We know better. I only pity those he's disappointing- his voters
Re: How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2012
BlackPikiN:

^^^^ I still believe GEJ is aware of Innoson.
I support the removal of subsidy in it's entirety.
The only advantage of the protest will make the govt. sit up to its responsibilities.

NTA just said that the buses will be sourced locally. Is anyone watching Newsline?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nimasa Building At Apapa On Fire? / Ohanaeze Parleys Middle Belt Youths For New Political Identity / $250bn Needed For Infrastructure Development- FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.