Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa (6375 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / The Economies Of Deregulation/subsidy Removal In The Downstream Petroleum Sector / Effects Of Subsidy Removal In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by 2mch(m): 3:49am On Jan 06, 2012
[b]FG supporter escapes mob action in Bayelsa

January 6, 2012

A debate on removal of subsidy on fuel almost turned violent in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, on Thursday when a group of newspaper readers confronted a man who tried to support the initiative.
The man identified simply as Samson was nearly beaten for his contributions on the fuel subsidy removal dispute at the popular newsstand in Amarata Park.
Samson, who was also at the place to catch a glimpse of newspaper headlines, infuriated other readers when he tried to justify the action of the Federal Government.
His argument that the long-term benefits of subsidy removal would help to create more jobs and reposition the economy of the country did not go down well with his listeners as the angry readers consisting of unemployed youths and commercial motorcyclists asked him to keep his mouth shut.
But Samson, the only proponent in the debate, was said to have remained adamant, contending that the pains of the initiative would be temporary and that it was necessary for the government to free funds for development.
It was learnt that his stubbornness drew the ire of others who engaged him in a shouting match which almost degenerated into a fight.
Noticing that he had been outnumbered and that the atmosphere was becoming tensed, he immediately shut his mouth and quietly withdrew from the aggrieved readers.[/b] Meanwhile, the high cost of transport arising from the removal of the subsidy on fuel forced most government workers to remain indoors in the state capital.
The state secretariat was deserted as most civil servants stayed away from their offices.
The premises of the secretariat were devoid of its usual vehicular movements and there were just a few cars parked around the area when our correspondent visited.
Some residents complained that workers who went to their coastal communities for the holiday could not return to work owing to increase in transport fare.
Others, however, blamed the workers’ attitude on lack of official assignments arising from the feud between the Peoples Democratic Party and the state Governor, Chief Timipre Sylva.
There were few cars on the roads just as traders in some of the markets around the city complained of low patronage.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-supporter-escapes-mob-action-in-bayelsa/
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by 2mch(m): 3:52am On Jan 06, 2012
Bayelsa cannot be part of SS. It must be in the midwest, delta or SW undecided cheesy
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by Nobody: 4:09am On Jan 06, 2012
2mch:

Bayelsa cannot be part of SS. It must be in the midwest, delta or SW undecided cheesy

Una education get as e be in Naija undecided What a shame. So you did not know what Bayelsa is in the North?
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by okadaman2: 4:26am On Jan 06, 2012
the angry readers consisting of unemployed youths and commercial motorcyclists (Okada) asked him to keep his mouth shut.

Okada men, standing by the people. Combating ignorance and sycophancy.
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by Beaf: 4:26am On Jan 06, 2012
See story! grin grin grin grin
Desperation na bad tin, na so e de make pipo lie! grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by Rad1cal: 4:32am On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

See story! grin grin grin grin
Desperation na bad tin, na so e de make pipo lie! grin grin grin grin

how e take be lie, talk better thing , but na jobless pipu dey go news - stand sha cheesy
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by JamesDoe: 5:45am On Jan 06, 2012
Bayelsa is Core North, they are protesting so they must be Parasites. Lazy people as GEJ's demented sycophants will say.
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by nuclearboy(m): 6:37am On Jan 06, 2012
Bayelsans - very wicked Islamic jihadists and boko haram members supporting "Ayatollah" Buhari! Can you imagine them complaining about transformation and fresh air? And they actually wanted to beat a progessive who knows subsidy-removal will pave the streets of London Bayelsa with gold.

SMH
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by dayokanu(m): 6:53am On Jan 06, 2012
Bayelsa? that ACN state located in the North North

Abeg they are parasites
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by efisher(m): 6:58am On Jan 06, 2012
Can I join the party?

Bayelsa is a Hausa / Fulani state. Geographically it's in the SS but politically it is North North.

Mu che che che che (Copyright Lasinoh). cheesy
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 06, 2012
He deserved to be lynched, so as make example of him to other traitors out there!

To those of you supporting the removal of fuel subsidy, I wonder how many of you are even aware of the fact that the monthly salary of a Federal legislator in Nigeria is more than that of US President Barack Obama. And 25% of the Nigerian annual budget is spent on salaries, benefits and other expenditures accrued by our so-called Federal Executive council. Considering this senseless misplacement of priorities plus the cantankerous corruption in the govt, why should there be adequate money to finance social development project in the country in the first place? As if this gross injustice is not enough, they are blaming the lack of funds on the only last govt subsidy (fuel) left for the poor masses.

Some educated illiterates in support of fuel subsidy removal often try to relate our situation with other developed countries, not knowing that the minimum monthly wages in many of those countries are even more than the annual salary of most Nigerians, how stupid can one be to compare "apples" with not even oranges, but with "kulikuli" .

What the sensible masses are saying is that the problem (lack of fund for social projects) is due to the rotten system of governance. Removing fuel subsidy and even increasing fuel cost 500 fold would not bring social development as long as GEJ's "chop I chop" system remains . An old wine may be put in a new bottle, but its still an old wine.

GEJ and his FEC should lead by example by first removing/cutting the incessant "chop I chop" subsidies they enjoy, before having the audacity to debate whether or not to remove fuel subsidy for the masses. Saying fuel subsidy is the reason why there's no enough money to finance social projects is treasonable and a great affront on the sensibility of Nigerian masses.
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by dustydee: 7:25am On Jan 06, 2012
Bayelsa Bayelsa. grin
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by unphilaz(m): 8:07am On Jan 06, 2012
i concur bayelsa is never in SS but in the north and just as we pathetics are demonstrating up north. i think those motorcyclist etc are northerners ;-!
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by Pain(m): 9:12am On Jan 06, 2012
Maple:

He deserved to be lynched, so as make example of him to other traitors out there!

To those of you supporting the removal of fuel subsidy, I wonder how many of you are even aware of the fact that the monthly salary of a Federal legislator in Nigeria is more than that of US President Barack Obama.  And 25% of the Nigerian annual budget is spent on salaries, benefits and other expenditures accrued by our so-called Federal Executive council. Considering this senseless misplacement of priorities plus the cantankerous corruption in the govt, why should there be adequate money to finance social development project in the country in the first place? As if this gross injustice is not enough, they are blaming the lack of funds on the only last govt subsidy (fuel) left for the poor masses.

Some educated illiterates in support of fuel subsidy removal often try to relate our situation with other developed countries, not knowing that the minimum monthly wages in many of those countries are even more than the annual salary of most Nigerians, how silly can one be to compare "apples" with not even oranges, but with "kulikuli" .

What the sensible masses are saying is that the problem (lack of fund for social projects) is due to the rotten system of governance.   Removing fuel subsidy and even increasing fuel cost 500 fold would not bring social development as long as GEJ's "chop I chop" system remains . An old wine may be put in a new bottle, but its still an old wine.

GEJ and his FEC should lead by example by first removing/cutting the incessant "chop I chop" subsidies they enjoy, before having the audacity to debate whether or not to  remove fuel subsidy for the masses. Saying fuel subsidy is the reason why there's no enough money to finance social projects is treasonable and a great affront on the sensibility of Nigerian masses.

Brilliant! I'm pleased that some Nigerians are still in control of their grey matter. Some have been hypnotized by the voodoo economics of "Sanungozi". Isn't it yet obvious that there is no moral structure in government to support the judicious use of proceeds even if PMS cost is hiked to N500/liter? As long as institutional corruption holds sway, it will be the same old story 10 years from now.
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by teaf: 9:23am On Jan 06, 2012
Rad1cal:

how e take be lie, talk better thing , but na jobless pipu dey go news - stand sha cheesy

Wow, see spinning. Bros, u be correct liar o. I dey learn. Uhun. Tell them o grin
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 06, 2012
2mch:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by itiswell1(m): 10:16am On Jan 06, 2012
Rubbish.
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by nagoma(m): 10:26am On Jan 06, 2012
Some have been hypnotized by the voodoo economics of "Sanungozi". Isn't it yet obvious that there is no moral structure in government to support the ,

"Sanungozi" - I love that , original and African!! grin
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by ASOROCKb(m): 10:35am On Jan 06, 2012
it is well:

Rubbish.
grin Bayelsa grin
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by Demdem(m): 10:54am On Jan 06, 2012
i can say confidently that the vast majority of people from the south-south region arent in support of this draconian policy. what i dont understand is apart from edo, they are not coming out in numbers in protest. some have been scheduled though.
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by chelseabmw(m): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2012
Hi Guys,Pls i really want to know what Bayelsa means undecided as i always hear people say bayelsa bayelsa. . .Is it a name of a fool? or a place where foolish president are from cry
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by y2kaustin(m): 11:02am On Jan 06, 2012
where is the"egbere papa 1 of bayelsa?
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by Dsage1: 11:13am On Jan 06, 2012
I forsee dat der wont b any developmnt ,if govt is allow to remove subsidy on PMS.D fact dat money realise from FS wi b allocated to state governors cant bring any devlopmnt.Mark my word today.
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by fred2265: 11:22am On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by talktrue1(m): 11:31am On Jan 06, 2012
D sage:

I forsee dat der wont b any developmnt ,if govt is allow to remove subsidy on PMS.D fact dat money realise from FS wi b allocated to state governors cant bring any devlopmnt.Mark my word today.

thats my opinion. Jonah jang of plataeu state even said on tv yesterday that FS removal will bring more money to the state based on allocation so they will have more to loot
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by drstone1: 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2012
From the Mahdist Islamic movements of Sudan in the 1890's, which the British helped Squash after the brutal massacre in Khartoum of a British Army officer, to the Revolution of the Sheik fodio of the then Hausa rulers of Gobir, to the present days revolution in places like Egypt, Tunisia et al.

One thing is common. These fundamentalist organise their disciples into a ragtag army crying against INJUSTICE and seem to be fighting for injustice only to consolidate their Strict rule of Religious dominance in those Societies (ala Afghanistan). Back then in Omdurman, Sudan; the British were not fooled.

They dealt a death blow to the Mahdist movement. NOBODY, and i repeat, NOBODY should come here and tell us that they are robbers causing the killings in the North. WE are not FOOLED by these same rhetoric with which the SULTAN exonerated the Bombings caused by BOKO HAram as a mere handiwork of political agitations.

Hear Winston Churchil on the River War, written about 110 yrs ago.

“How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries!
Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the creed rule or live, Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. , all know how to die; but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. (SEE what has happened to Northern Nigeria Over the years, precipitate their dominant rule in the last 50years) No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising FEARLESS WARRIORS at every step; and were it not that Christian Europe is sheltered in the strong arms of science (the science against which it had vainly struggled) the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.
end of quote.

by the way, i have not heard of Sharia banking 4sometime now after accusing, shaming and denouncing some people of grave injustice in managing the banks!!!!

These times call for ETERNAL VIGILANCE. The Coptics in Egypt after fighting for "INJUSTICE" alongside their fantical brethren. Even, we had people here who showed us pictures of how they were protecting their "brethren" from other faiths from the POLICE while praying on this Nairaland. They Were visited with the real aims of fundamental Islamist, BOMBINGS, BOMBINGS, BOMBINGS, BOMBINGS, BOMBINGS, Asasinations and DEATHS in their Churches. After Sufficiently intimidating and harassing these gullible comrades they have now tried to enforce the religious dominance in that country!!!

Make no mistake about this. There is a RELIGIOUS JIHAD being WAGED by a section of HOLY WARRIORS in accordance with the interpretation of their Creed. it is all summed up in this statement by Sheik Othman Dan Fodio,

"In his book Tanbih al-ikhwan ’ala ahwal al-Sudan (“Concerning the Government of Our Country and Neighboring Countries in the Sudan”) Usman writes: “The government of a country is the government of its king without question. If the king is a Muslim, his land is Muslim; if he is an Unbeliever, his land is a land of Unbelievers. In these circumstances it is obligatory for anyone to leave it for another country”. [1]. In fact, Usman did exactly this when he left Gobir in 1802. After that Yunfa turned for aid to the other leaders of the Hausa states, warning them that dan Fodio could trigger a widespread Jihad. [4]. Eventually, he did and it was the first major Jihad for the series of Jihads which were surging during the 18th and 19th century across Sudan and the neighboring states. It was called the Sokoto Jihad and it took place in Hausaland.

Hmmmmmm!!!!, the SPIRIT OF SUDAN- that has gripped that country for years causing intolerant oppressive rule of the SOuth,,,,,,THe supporter of APC mercenaries that operate BOKO HARAM Style b4 the Indepenence of SOuth Sudan is seeking Solace here in Nigeria. We Bind and Cast OUT of our land that PRINCIPALITY DEMON in the name of Jesus. Go and read abt the predictions of NOSTRADAMUS abt what the Major 3rd world War shall consist of.
Watchout, Be Alert!! THE ALARM IS SOUNDING VERY CLEAR. Say not, i never knew this is what it shall come to. BEWARE!!!!!!!!BEWARE!!!!!!!!!
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by emmatok(m): 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2012
Demdem:

i can say confidently that the vast majority of people from the south-south region arent in support of this draconian policy. what i dont understand is apart from edo, they are not coming out in numbers in protest. some have been scheduled though.

My brother, most Nigerians oppose this subsidy, but for [b]sentimental [/b]reasons most SS poeple won't speak aginst GEJ's policy.
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by executinal(m): 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2012
2mch:

[b]FG supporter escapes mob action in Bayelsa

January 6, 2012

A debate on removal of subsidy on fuel almost turned violent in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, on Thursday when a group of newspaper readers confronted a man who tried to support the initiative.
The man identified simply as Samson was nearly beaten for his contributions on the fuel subsidy removal dispute at the popular newsstand in Amarata Park.
Samson, who was also at the place to catch a glimpse of newspaper headlines, infuriated other readers when he tried to justify the action of the Federal Government.
His argument that the long-term benefits of subsidy removal would help to create more jobs and reposition the economy of the country did not go down well with his listeners as the angry readers consisting of unemployed youths and commercial motorcyclists [/b]asked him to keep his mouth shut.
But Samson, the only proponent in the debate, was said to have remained adamant, contending that the pains of the initiative would be temporary and that it was necessary for the government to free funds for development.
It was learnt that his stubbornness drew the ire of others who engaged him in a shouting match which almost degenerated into a fight.
Noticing that he had been outnumbered and that the atmosphere was becoming tensed, he immediately shut his mouth and quietly withdrew from the aggrieved readers.
Meanwhile, the high cost of transport arising from the removal of the subsidy on fuel forced most government workers to remain indoors in the state capital.
The state secretariat was deserted as most civil servants stayed away from their offices.
The premises of the secretariat were devoid of its usual vehicular movements and there were just a few cars parked around the area when our correspondent visited.
Some residents complained that workers who went to their coastal communities for the holiday could not return to work owing to increase in transport fare.
Others, however, blamed the workers’ attitude on lack of official assignments arising from the feud between the Peoples Democratic Party and the state Governor, Chief Timipre Sylva.
There were few cars on the roads just as traders in some of the markets around the city complained of low patronage.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-supporter-escapes-mob-action-in-bayelsa/

grin grin grin
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by maki(f): 2:18pm On Jan 06, 2012
Bayelsa state shares boundry with Sokoto state grin tongue #occupynigeria,
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by Godmann(m): 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2012
dr stone:

From the Mahdist Islamic movements of Sudan in the 1890's, which the British helped Squash after the brutal massacre in Khartoum of a British Army officer, to the Revolution of the Sheik fodio of the then Hausa rulers of Gobir, to the present days revolution in places like Egypt, Tunisia et al.

One thing is common. These fundamentalist organise their disciples into a ragtag army crying against INJUSTICE and seem to be fighting for injustice only to consolidate their Strict rule of Religious dominance in those Societies (ala Afghanistan). Back then in Omdurman, Sudan; the British were not fooled.

They dealt a death blow to the Mahdist movement. NOBODY, and i repeat, NOBODY should come here and tell us that they are robbers causing the killings in the North. WE are not FOOLED by these same rhetoric with which the SULTAN exonerated the Bombings caused by BOKO HAram as a mere handiwork of political agitations.

Hear Winston Churchil on the River War, written about 110 yrs ago.

“How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries!
Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the creed rule or live, Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. , all know how to die; but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. (SEE what has happened to Northern Nigeria Over the years, precipitate their dominant rule in the last 50years) No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising FEARLESS WARRIORS at every step; and were it not that Christian Europe is sheltered in the strong arms of science (the science against which it had vainly struggled) the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.
end of quote.

by the way, i have not heard of Sharia banking 4sometime now after accusing, shaming and denouncing some people of grave injustice in managing the banks!!!!

These times call for ETERNAL VIGILANCE. The Coptics in Egypt after fighting for "INJUSTICE" alongside their fantical brethren. Even, we had people here who showed us pictures of how they were protecting their "brethren" from other faiths from the POLICE while praying on this Nairaland. They Were visited with the real aims of fundamental Islamist, BOMBINGS, BOMBINGS, BOMBINGS, BOMBINGS, BOMBINGS, Asasinations and DEATHS in their Churches. After Sufficiently intimidating and harassing these gullible comrades they have now tried to enforce the religious dominance in that country!!!

Make no mistake about this. There is a RELIGIOUS JIHAD being WAGED by a section of HOLY WARRIORS in accordance with the interpretation of their Creed. it is all summed up in this statement by Sheik Othman Dan Fodio,

"In his book Tanbih al-ikhwan ’ala ahwal al-Sudan (“Concerning the Government of Our Country and Neighboring Countries in the Sudan”) Usman writes: “The government of a country is the government of its king without question. If the king is a Muslim, his land is Muslim; if he is an Unbeliever, his land is a land of Unbelievers. In these circumstances it is obligatory for anyone to leave it for another country”. [1]. In fact, Usman did exactly this when he left Gobir in 1802. After that Yunfa turned for aid to the other leaders of the Hausa states, warning them that dan Fodio could trigger a widespread Jihad. [4]. Eventually, he did and it was the first major Jihad for the series of Jihads which were surging during the 18th and 19th century across Sudan and the neighboring states. It was called the Sokoto Jihad and it took place in Hausaland.

Hmmmmmm!!!!, the SPIRIT OF SUDAN- that has gripped that country for years causing intolerant oppressive rule of the SOuth,,,,,,THe supporter of APC mercenaries that operate BOKO HARAM Style b4 the Indepenence of SOuth Sudan is seeking Solace here in Nigeria. We Bind and Cast OUT of our land that PRINCIPALITY DEMON in the name of Jesus. Go and read abt the predictions of NOSTRADAMUS abt what the Major 3rd world War shall consist of.
Watchout, Be Alert!! THE ALARM IS SOUNDING VERY CLEAR. Say not, i never knew this is what it shall come to. BEWARE!!!!!!!!BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

You are a fanatic and a tribalist without brain.

All we are fighting for is good government;

Who cares for your religious wars.

The last time I checked, even your GEJ is not a Christian. He is an Olumba Olumba man that invited 500 witches on his swearing in ceremony as my President. See where the witches are taking him.
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by xwolverine: 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2012
@ topic, is Beaf's middle name now Samson?

@Beaf, how did you escape? I thought you are fearless in defending you boss? angry angry
Re: Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa by nateevs(m): 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2012
Come on fellas. Bayelsa is a Northern state. How many more times do we need this stated?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! New Market On Fire / Ambode Endorses 4-year Term For LG Chairmen / Riot in Abia As Policemen Are Attacked And Vans Burnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.