Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Changing Rhd Drive To Lhd In Nigeria (or Shipping Cars From Uk) - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Changing Rhd Drive To Lhd In Nigeria (or Shipping Cars From Uk) (2697 Views)

Car Conversion (rhd To Lhd) / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion / RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changing Rhd Drive To Lhd In Nigeria (or Shipping Cars From Uk) by omar22(m): 11:31am On Jan 06, 2012
Please can someone please give any advice on buying a right hand drive vehicle and changing over the steering wheel over to the left side in Nigeria or Europe? Because I see the price of cars on here and they look scary! Buying a right hand and changing the whole steering mechanism seems more like a cheaper option and I would know what I am buying.

Because last March My Friend bought a 2007 Peugeot 407 for around three and a half grand pounds and shipped it to Nigeria cleared and changed the hands over and it’s perfectly fine. But when you see the prices of a 406 in Nigeria it makes you wonder what’s the alternative?
Re: Changing Rhd Drive To Lhd In Nigeria (or Shipping Cars From Uk) by iiiyyyk(m): 12:21am On Jan 14, 2012
im also interested. i want to buy LHD and convert to RHD
in lagos, im still making enquiries on where they do it very fine in lagos.
pls if you get good info,pls kindly let me know.
Re: Changing Rhd Drive To Lhd In Nigeria (or Shipping Cars From Uk) by insight04: 1:32am On Jan 14, 2012
My advice for you is to make sure you are converting a Car that is common in Nigeria. Make sure you use a Mechanic that has a good track record of RHD conversions. Do your own home work when given the list of parts that need to be purchased (you could easily get ripped off). Make sure you spend your time around the workshop during the conversion-your presence ensures the job gets done on time. Beware that you could face problems reconnecting the Electrical Control Unit and other electrical issues during the conversion, there is a dearth of mechanics with the know-how.

Sienna should be able to give you a list of do's and dont's from a technical angle.
Re: Changing Rhd Drive To Lhd In Nigeria (or Shipping Cars From Uk) by nkenu(m): 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2012
i need to change a 407 from right hand to left hand drive, can you pls link me with your friend's mechanic pls. i wont mind his number pls.

(1) (Reply)

2004 Lexus Gx470 - SOLD SOLD SOLD / 4 Months Used Toyota Camry 2009 Model..(muscle)..just For #1.9m..08077984057 / Clean Peugeot 406 For Sale In PHC @570k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.