Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

#occupy Nigeria Gets A Website And Wiki Page - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / #occupy Nigeria Gets A Website And Wiki Page (1020 Views)

Get .edu, .wiki, .gov. Even .co.uk Backlinks Free / Jimmy Wales Wiki co-founder : 'Broadband Speed In Nigeria,Beats NY City' / Pidgin English Wiki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#occupy Nigeria Gets A Website And Wiki Page by mashnino(m): 3:37pm On Jan 06, 2012
Mehn dis thing is really crious oh

An anti-fuel subsidy removal movement called #OccupyNigeria which started on Monday, January 2 has gained significant progress within the past few days on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.

Occupy Nigeria is a series of protests by citizens in response to fuel subsidy removal by the Federal government of Nigeria on Sunday 1st January 2012 as announced by the country’s Petroleum Product Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA).

Yesterday, the movement got a boost with a website that aggregates all of the tweets, photos and videos posted online since it started. Occupy Nigeria also has a Wikipedia page which has detailed information about the movement.

Since Monday, protesters have carried out peaceful demonstrations across the country blocking highways and shutting down fuel filling stations in some parts. Although the protests claimed its first victim in Ilorin, Kwara on Tuesday, it has not deterred the movement.

In Kano, protesters staged an overnight rally at the Silver Jubilee round about renaming it “Subsidy Square”, while social media networks were abuzz with users posting updates and photos from Kano and calling for food and water donations to be sent to the protesters.

Several protests are planned for today in Abuja, Nigeria’s Federal Capital city and in London, United Kingdom, among other places.

Read More http://nairation.com/discussion/17/ocuupy-nigeria-gets-a-website-and-wiki-page#Item_1
Re: #occupy Nigeria Gets A Website And Wiki Page by yawatide(f): 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2012
In as much as I salute the effort, I ask now, as I have asked for years, why we can't come up with anything original ourselves and have the rest of the world copy from us? What are the odds that if someone in the US didn't come up with "Occupy Wall Street" that we would have been using the same name today?
Re: #occupy Nigeria Gets A Website And Wiki Page by mashnino(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2012
come-up wit a name
Re: #occupy Nigeria Gets A Website And Wiki Page by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:17am On Jan 07, 2012
yawa-ti-de:

In as much as I salute the effort, I ask now, as I have asked for years, why we can't come up with anything original ourselves and have the rest of the world copy from us? What are the odds that if someone in the US didn't come up with "Occupy Wall Street" that we would have been using the same name today?

good point! always tell my fellow Nigerians to be creative and come up with somethiing others will copy, instead of waiting for others to come up with something, then copying it.

it is the same intellectual laziness that gave us Nollywood, even if the structure of the thing is nothing like the US' Hollywood.
Re: #occupy Nigeria Gets A Website And Wiki Page by mashnino(m): 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2012
^^^^

Like i said before. ive a name

(1) (Reply)

Onigbongbo Local Government Website Hacked / Its Been A While, Sorry I Quited Web Programming, Am now an AUTO Dealer! So Cool / I Thought Graphicsplus Was Ban For Illegal Video Issue.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.