Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,979 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:10 PM

Major Al-mustapha Granted Bail After 8yrs Of Incarceration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Al-mustapha Granted Bail After 8yrs Of Incarceration (811 Views)

Julius Berger Begins Road Construction Works In Rivers After 8yrs / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Major Al-mustapha Granted Bail After 8yrs Of Incarceration by lonelypal(m): 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2007
shocked shocked :oI couldnt believe my eyes when I stumbled on the news on the punch website, That Major. Al Mustapha and others have been granted bail after incaceration for eight years eventhough they are still accused persons and have not been convicted by the courts. I 'm most pertubed by the fact that If the case is to be finalised in two months time and they are served probably 10yrs jail term for their various offences, adding it to the unwarranted 8yrs they ve been behing the bars. That to me is absolutely unfair and unconstitutional hence the need for the speedy review of our criminal justice system. Sentiments apart, this men are citizens of Nigeria like you and I and we shouldnt allow the gravity of their offence to deny them their right. This awful scenario further confirms the legal principle that says :
'JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED'
It is in this same country that a popular nollywood actress Miss Ibinabo Fiberesima was charged to court for reckless driving and manslaughter charges and the case was concluded within 18months. She was sentenced to seven yrs jail term with an option of fine of N100,000. The question is 'Is miss Ibinabo fiberesima in anyway different frm Major. Al mustapha n others? Capital No! they are both Nigerians, accused persons and they enjoy the same right provided under section 36 of the constitution angry
The crime of one man should not be the basis for the denial of other pples' right. nairalanders wat do you think?

(1) (Reply)

African Slaves Mass Grave Discovered In New York. / Nigerian Sharia Court Bans Play / Former Governor: Sam Egwu's Stolen Billions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.