Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,654 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution (143731 Views)

Cost Of Building 4 Bedrooms Bungalow With 2 Sitting Rooms In Owerri / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / How Much Will It Cost To Deck A Storey Building - 4 Flats With 3 Bedrooms Each (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by Favourme2: 8:57pm On Jan 07, 2012
I just opened this thread to capture cost, planing and execution of a storey building (2 flats up and 2 flats down). As a novice in building, I will welcome suggestions and guidance on planning, execution/style and prices of materials from many gurus in this blog. When I start, I will be updating you guys with progress and pictures whenever I get them. I will also be asking so many questions as I am not in Nigeria.

Below is the approximate cost so far:

Land =1.5m
Agreement = 15,000
survey =70,000
Expenses (cement & sand for pillars, labour & transport) = 40,000
TOTAL = N1,625,000

Architect is currently drawing the plan.

Thank you.
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 07, 2012
Where is it located in Nigeria?
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by Fhemmmy: 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2012
Another great thread in the making . . . Please tell us what state this is and if possible the city . . . .Congrats
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by Favourme2: 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2012
It's in Delta State.
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by dnative(m): 1:12am On Jan 08, 2012
Did you pay N15,000 for the agreement or N150,000 - assuming the usual 10%?
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by amaham(m): 10:04am On Jan 08, 2012
Subscribin
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by Favourme2: 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2012
dnative:

Did you pay N15,000 for the agreement or N150,000 - assuming the usual 10%?

Yes, 15,000 for the lawyer who drafted the land sales agreement. And sorry I missed the 10% commission part. Here is the correction:

Land =1.5m
Commission (10% of 1.5m) = 50,000 (it should be 150,000 but the land seller contributed 100,000 while I paid the remaining 50,000)
Agreement = 15,000
survey =70,000
TOTAL = N1,675,000
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by atasteve: 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2012
Good work oga. I will advice that you also seek to get building approval before you go too deep into the construction.

I don't know if they disturb as much as they do in the west.

Keep up the good work.
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by X2X(m): 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2012
Will be embarking on a similar project in a few months, albeit in Lagos. Like you, I am a newbie and I am not on ground so I will be staying glued to this thread. Thanks for starting it.

atasteve:

Good work oga. I will advice that you also seek to get building approval before you go too deep into the construction.

I don't know if they disturb as much as they do in the west.

Keep up the good work.

@atasteve

What would be required in order to secure the building (plan??) approval in the "West"? How long would it take to get the approval on average and how much, roughly, would it cost? Thanks.
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by dnative(m): 8:27pm On Jan 12, 2012
Favour_me:

Yes, 15,000 for the lawyer who drafted the land sales agreement. And sorry I missed the 10% commission part. Here is the correction:

Land =1.5m
Commission (10% of 1.5m) = 50,000 (it should be 150,000 but the land seller contributed 100,000 while I paid the remaining 50,000)
Agreement = 15,000
survey =70,000
TOTAL = N1,675,000

What I was actually asking after is the N15,000 charged by the lawyer for the agreement.  This would seem a very good bargain - I've usually thought that the legal fees would typically be 10% of the sales value which in your case would have been N150,000. Did you negotiate this with the lawyer?
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by sixtus4: 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2012
The architectural drawing does it comprises of structural design,mechanical and electrical design?If not get the thing on ground before starting any thing on site.
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by rastaman20(m): 9:05pm On Jan 12, 2012
Another thread upcoming. Here to learn more. Eze back to school.
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by Favourme2: 1:39am On Jan 13, 2012
dnative:

What I was actually asking after is the N15,000 charged by the lawyer for the agreement.  This would seem a very good bargain - I've usually thought that the legal fees would typically be 10% of the sales value which in your case would have been N150,000. Did you negotiate this with the lawyer?

Drafting agreement should not be 10% of the value of land. If I a buy a land for 5m, does it mean I will pay 10% of 5m just for the agreement? That shudn't be the case. Please, don't let them cheat you. Try and negotiate or try somewhere else. I planned for 20,000 to 30,000 for the agreement but my in-law who was in town helped beat the price down with a known lawyer.
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by Favourme2: 1:43am On Jan 13, 2012
sixtus4:

The architectural drawing does it comprises of structural design,mechanical and electrical design?If not get the thing on ground before starting any thing on site.

I am a novice in this. what is the difference between structural and mechanical design? Should I demand that the architect draws all that you mentioned? If you know, what will cost to draw structural design,mechanical and electrical design?
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by sixtus4: 3:37am On Jan 13, 2012
It depends on the project,residential building some architect can come out with all the designs.But in complex structure,structural design is handle by a civil engineer or structural engineer,electrical design is meant for electricians who will wire the building.finaly mechanical design is meant for plumbers who will install wc,bath,septic tank etc
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by Aventures(m): 2:06pm On Jan 13, 2012
Good one bro, i was doing this stuff 4 a client of mine. I av a tread 4 it also but time did not permit me to update it. Cos structural design, constructn and propt. Mgt. Maenwhile i just want to advise u that u sit down check d cost vis-avis ur capacbility. Our project though a very big up toroof level stage has gulp up to 10.5M i am fully in charge and i am very sincere abt this figure, i will try and upload pix 4 u to see. And i project btw 25- 30M as total finishin cost depending on the finishing taste, Well we follow high standard constructi specification in details and we use frame system method.
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by sixtus4: 2:11pm On Jan 13, 2012
Till then, waiating for the details.thanks
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by raf11: 7:23am On Jan 16, 2012
congrat. hop to keep track on this project, however, i was wonderin were exactly in delta state did u get land for that price (1.5m). i hav been lookin for land forever but cnt seem to find anything in that state with a reasonable price like yours. can u pls advice exacly what part of delta and from whom you got yours, how the area's like and how big is the land,,,, awaitin your urgent reply, thanks
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by Sagewood: 9:00am On Jan 16, 2012
^^^
You can get land for far less than N1.5M in many parts of Delta. The bigger cities/ towns: Warri, Asaba, Agbor, Sapele, etc, may be more expensive though.
@ Favour me, where in Delta are u building? I am from Delta too, and this thread may be an eye opener for many people.
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by Jomodupri(m): 11:22am On Jan 17, 2012
Subscribed.
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by Favourme2: 12:31am On Jan 18, 2012
Thank you guys for your comments.

As per land cost, it varies. Without a doubt, I believe prices of land in a state(like Delta) can wildly vary depending on locations. As soon as the plan is drawn, approved and I start construction, I will be giving you guys update. If I also have questions, I will ask too. Please, don't hesitate to advice or make any comments!

You guys are great. This blog is quite nice - Do you know I Nairaland almost everyday! Its like facebook.
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by sixtus4: 7:56am On Jan 26, 2012
This is the best place to be.Nairaland for real.
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by Favourme2: 9:08am On Feb 09, 2012
I am still battling with the plan to be drawn to my taste. The architect is insisting that its better to have the 3 bedrooms en-suite and then a separate toilet for the lounge. Please gurus, is it right? My concern is that there will be 2 toilets and a bathroom (for the room next to the lounge and then for lounge) in the front of the building. I feel this won't look nice from front considering that there will be pipes and windows for these toilets. And I learnt there are disadvantages of making the pipes internal.

I suggested we make 2 bedrooms ensuite and then a toilet/bathroom at the end of the lobby will be used by the remaining room and any visitor to the flat. Please, what is your opinion on this?

I need your help urgently please.
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by spyder880(m): 9:33am On Feb 09, 2012
Nice idea
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by kunlexist(m): 10:02am On Feb 09, 2012
Good day,

My name is Ajifowoke Olakunle, am a Quantity surveyor.

You can contact me for any professional services in respect to construction such as preparation of BOQ, preparation of preliminary estimate,
Valuation of works done on site, Material schedule, Pricing, Advice on tendering processes, advice on the types of contract, management of funds, etc.

Please note: This is not one of the fraudsters that paste numbers everywhere claiming they have property for sale in every part of the country. I dont buy or sell property neither do i get myself involved in shady deals. So b rest assured that you're in the right hand when it comes to Professional cost engineering.

kunlexist@yahoo.com
08028662707 & 08130209600
Blackberry Pin; 22800792
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by Favourme2: 7:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
spyder880:

Nice idea

Please Spyder, whose idea is right? is it mine or the architect's?

thank you.
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by kunlexist(m): 11:08am On Feb 13, 2012
Quantity Surveyor;
kunlexist@yahoo.com
08028662707, 08130209600
Bb Pin-22800792
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by kunlexist(m): 11:13am On Feb 13, 2012
Quantity Surveyor;
kunlexist@yahoo.com
08028662707, 08130209600
Bb Pin-22800792
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by Favourme2: 5:09pm On Feb 28, 2012
I got a quote for the foundation work for a building I want to start (2 flats up and down). Below is the quote:

Foundation
1. Digging  = N800 for 1 partition (I don't know what the total partitions will be)
2. Blinding = N500 x 25 bags of cement = N12,500
3. Sand     = 5 tippers (for blinding and setting block)
4. Gravel/Stone = 2 Trips
5. 12mm rod = 40 rods
6. 1/4mm rod = 1 bondle
7. Binding wire = N2,500 (1 bondle)
8. Filling foundation = 12 trips
9. 6 inches of Block = 1,500

German Floor
1. Stone = 3 trips
2. Sand = 5 trips
3. Cement = 35 bags
4. Casting = N500

Other workmanship cost not confirm yet.

Please guys, can you comment on this quote in terms of accuracy of materials, quantity and cost for a foundation of a storey building (2 flats up, 2 flats down). I will be having a discussion with the builder later this evening about this quotation and I will appreciate it if I can get advice from gurus in the house!
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by Favourme2: 5:31pm On Feb 28, 2012
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by kunlexist(m): 6:14pm On Feb 28, 2012
Favour_me:

Here is the exterior plan. I will be submitting the plan for approval soon.
y not employ the service of a Quantity surveyor who manages your cost for you.
You can contact me for further clarification. By God's grace we can mange your fund for u.
kunlexist@yahoo.com
BB pin: 22800792
Re: Building 4 Flats In Nigeria - Planning, Cost & Execution by spyder880(m): 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2012
Favour_me:

I got a quote for the foundation work for a building I want to start (2 flats up and down). Below is the quote:

Foundation
1. Digging  = N800 for 1 partition (I don't know what the total partitions will be)
2. Blinding = N500 x 25 bags of cement = N12,500
3. Sand     = 5 tippers (for blinding and setting block)
4. Gravel/Stone = 2 Trips
5. 12mm rod = 40 rods
6. 1/4mm rod = 1 bondle
7. Binding wire = N2,500 (1 bondle)
8. Filling foundation = 12 trips
9. 6 inches of Block = 1,500

German Floor
1. Stone = 3 trips
2. Sand = 5 trips
3. Cement = 35 bags
4. Casting = N500

Other workmanship cost not confirm yet.

Please guys, can you comment on this quote in terms of accuracy of materials, quantity and cost for a foundation of a storey building (2 flats up, 2 flats down). I will be having a discussion with the builder later this evening about this quotation and I will appreciate it if I can get advice from gurus in the house!

This quote is damn too low, I dont know what this guy is quoting for but there is no way in this world he can do a German floor with only 35 bags of cement for a double flat! Something in the region of 150-160 bags for a 4'' thick slab. And to use only 25 bags of cement to cast the blinding of a double flat foundation is laughable. Ask this guy to clarify how he plans to do this.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Is Roofing Sheets In Nigeria? / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) / Call Us For Ur Granite(directly From The Quarry),sharpsand & Sandfilling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.