Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,186 members, 7,864,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:38 AM

NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan (15496 Views)

NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. / How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account / Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan by dastudent(m): 11:35am On Jan 08, 2012
ikeja city mall

Re: NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan by Otseh: 11:40am On Jan 08, 2012
NLC and TUC shld use the fuel sudsidy issue to remind the president that even with the declaration of state of emergency in some parts of northern state, boko haram are still killing people. The president shld take responsibity of chief security officer which he is. He should also remember that lecturers are still on strke, the students have to resume in a secure and friendly economy.
Re: NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan by adamaw2tuf: 11:44am On Jan 08, 2012
alhj_haram the devilish boko haram bastard,keep posting with as many username as you like,i'm back to deal with evil minded son to one of our tormentors, where are you and somebody who doesnt know your devilsh way of thinking will naively think that you really feel for the suffering poor,not knowing you have a selfish agenda which you are always hiding behind to deceive people.
Re: NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan by eyesofgold(m): 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2012
most of you just come here and talk what you like, without been rational. with some even clamouring for a military coup. i will write this boldly so that you can see it properly.

we are allowing callous politicians to incite us because of personal gains. we are allowing our emotions to lead us instead of our brains. but this is what i have to say.

GOODLUCK JONATHAN IS THE LAST CHANCE NIGERIA HAS TO BE TRANSFORMED AND BECOME THE NIGERIA OF OUR DREAMS. IF THIS GOVERNMENT FAILS, NIGERIA WILL FAIL. IF THIS GOVERNMENT FAILS TO SUCCEED, NIGERIA WILL FAIL TO EXIST.

THOSE PRAYING FOR A MILITARY COUP, I HOPE YOUR WISHES ARE GRANTED, WHEN THE WAR STARTS IT WILL AFFECT YOU AS WELL, IF NOT, YOUR FAMILIES WILL BE AFFECTED.

NIGERIANS BE WISE,
Re: NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan by Toks2008(m): 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2012
eyesofgold:

most of you just come here and talk what you like, without been rational. with some even clamouring for a military coup. i will write this boldly so that you can see it properly.

we are allowing callous politicians to incite us because of personal gains. we are allowing our emotions to lead us instead of our brains. but this is what i have to say.

GOODLUCK JONATHAN IS THE LAST CHANCE NIGERIA HAS TO BE TRANSFORMED AND BECOME THE NIGERIA OF OUR DREAMS. IF THIS GOVERNMENT FAILS, NIGERIA WILL FAIL. IF THIS GOVERNMENT FAILS TO SUCCEED, NIGERIA WILL FAIL TO EXIST.

THOSE PRAYING FOR A MILITARY COUP, I HOPE YOUR WISHES ARE GRANTED, WHEN THE WAR STARTS IT WILL AFFECT YOU AS WELL, IF NOT, YOUR FAMILIES WILL BE AFFECTED.

NIGERIANS BE WISE,

Please i will advice any poster not living in Nigeria to just keep mum on this matter and if they must comment,it should be done objectively.
Re: NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan by olak2k8: 2:49pm On Jan 08, 2012
We want GEJ to sack all NNPC directors,any directors in charge of oil refineries and also dissolve the PPPRA board and now setup another board like he did for SURE. Then we will accept the removal.
Re: NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan by xpagnol: 2:53pm On Jan 08, 2012
Those of you that are pro-subsidy removal please i will like to know how sure are you guys that the proceeds will be justified just the way you guys are proposing, i mean tell me in percentages(%) tell me your trust on these doomed guys to deliver on their promises. Who are the executives of these funds to be raised and what happens if they fail. How on earth do u guys think that somebody you have, never trusted with little fund you pay as taxes monthly depending on where we work, to now trust him on every of your hard earned dollar you are been compelled to pay on every litre of fuel without any deliverance, purging of any kind not to talk of miracle. EFCC is out of question. How do i meet Jonathan if am not satisfied with the implementation.I can never be of the opinion that this nigerian government is "broke" even if, they should continue paying the subsidy on my behalf untill they repair their leaking loof and probably get a new apartment. Removal of the subsidy is good to our already defied system BUT not when the issues that brought about the decay are still very much in place and you are saying WE must follow you to repair what you alone has gravely and intentionally spoilt. The introduction of subsidy became our rights and second option to keep benefiting from our government even though they have failed us ab initio with non functional refineries. Mr president said its for a while but am pretty sure that once we start that will be the end of our doom because it will never come down as we have never made them take us serious and educated too. Mr. President do the first thing first and the rest will follow.
The 1% must not occupy but the 99% will occupy Nigeria. Xpagnol has spoken
Re: NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan by zebudaya(m): 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2012
http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/debates/2012-01-08-republican-debate

I just found this now. January 8 2012. 10.09 AM

Republican candidate for President John Huntsman

[b]Responding to a question about cuts in a program that helps low-income families pay for heating oil, Mr. Huntsman said many people were in need and the program should be supported until the nation moves to more diversified sources of energy and reduced imports of oil.

He went on to say that federal government policy "always favors one product -- and that's oil." The "one-product monopoly," he said, should be broken up. Mr. Huntsman did not have an opportunity to fully explain what he meant, but it appeared that he was referring to government tax policies that have supported the oil industry for nearly 100 years through various subsidies and incentives, which today reach about $3.5 billion a year. President Obama has called for ending these tax breaks, but he has been opposed by the oil industry and by most Republicans in Congress.

Mr. Huntsman made no reference to federal tax breaks and other subsidies for other forms of energy, including coal, nuclear, solar, wind and ethanol, all of which have received billions of dollars in tax incentives over the past several decades. So while the oil industry has enjoyed favored treatment for years, so have most other forms of energy.[/b]
America has a 3.5 Billion dollars a year subsidy and yet the IMF tells us it's a good idea to take our subsidy away.
Re: NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan by us4naija: 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2012
@Xpagnol, Not sure if I really understand your question, but in a nutshell the pple that are pro subsidy removals dont mind the protest, What the issue is the protest focus is wrong, It should NOT be on the removal BUT on the the implementation projects of the savings the removal will create, Protestor are fighting for oil companies to continue to receive money for doing absolutely nothing while bankrupting the country, WHat you guys are saying is we want Oando to keep getting their money, we want Conoil to keep getting the money, If they are such great businessmen let the best business survive on their own merit not continue to be propped up by a subsidy,
Re: NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan by yavo: 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2012
the president is trying to save 1trillion from the subsidy. The same amount he is using for security in his 2012 budget. There is something amiss here. We do not necessarily have to be subjected to this tyrannical treatment by our dear president. I am sure there is another way of revamping the economy other than what we are currently experiencing. Though I sympathise with Mr president for the complications in Nigeria, he should have a rethink on the issue!
Re: NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2012
I am so happy with d manner @
which concerned citizens of this
country are responding to issue of
subsidy removal. This have proved
dat we cannot be fooled by our
leaders again. But let me ask, what will be your response if GEJ fulfills
all his promises & in no distant time
things get working well for Nigeria?
Can those of us who has INSULTED
their PRESIDENT stand d shame? Pls,
let's give him a chance, and if he fails, we can crucify him. Remember,
he wont fail us if we dont try him.
Also let's show that there is such
thing like RESPECT-for-our-leaders in
our replies cultures & norms.
Re: NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan by aljharem(m): 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2012
Lujan:

I am so happy with d manner @
which concerned citizens of this
country are responding to issue of
subsidy removal. This have proved
dat we cannot be fooled by our
leaders again. But let me ask, what will be your response if GEJ fulfills
all his promises & in no distant time
things get working well for Nigeria?
Can those of us who has INSULTED
their PRESIDENT stand d shame? Pls,
let's give him a chance, and if he fails, we can crucify him. Remember,
he wont fail us if we dont try him.
Also let's show that there is such
thing like RESPECT-for-our-leaders in
our replies cultures & norms.

Give him a chance. HE HAS ALREADY BEEN GIVEN THE CHANCE, HE IS NOW OUR PRESIDENT. Haba

the chance is that the GREAT PEOPLE OF NIGERIA ENTRUSTED HIM AS THE PRESIDENT.

what other chance do you want from the people ?

Yes those insulting the president are dumb I agree.

Now why should Nigerian be looking again ? Do you want to ruin US FINALLY before you know we have taken enough ?

Lastly, this is not about GEJ but the entire government from Local, state and federal
Re: NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan by Limaoscar: 2:06am On Jan 09, 2012
We can divide Nigeria into 36 ( Regions or States ) without been divided as a country, We will have 36 country in 1 , ( United State Of Nigeria ).
Each state will still have their states, elect their state governors, each state in the country would elect a representative ( who would represent the state at the federal level)
That way, the federal government's power and stress would be decentralized and we won’t have so much power concentrated in the center, Each state representative would come together to give their SWOT analysis ( Strength, Weakness, Opportunities, Treat) their state are facing and expect the federal government to regulate laws that would benefit all states.
Then the federal government would change the allocation of resources funds, Every region would have a central bank (all linked to the Central Bank of Nigeria), The amount generated by each states 40% back to state, 20% state local government, 20% to Central Bank Of Nigeria for savings, 20% to key regional developments for the whole country like (Free Education, Health, cheap housing, train, refineries etc ).
Now we need to have a Nigerian Identity I.D Card ( indicating your country, state, local community, name, picture, citizen number etc) all this data should be cumulated together in 1 central data managed by the federal government, and this id most be used, when transacting with bank, health, housing, education etc, This would reduce crime at all level (As every citizen would have the impression they can be traced if the carry out any crime).
It will reduce state crises; were all citizens in a state would definitely identify people in the state from people coming in to do business, invest or to cause crises.
State would manage their security with community policing and the federal government would have a Special Police Force (Incase the state is under any security treat (either it be local of foreign treat), the federal government can come in and interfere and after the is peace in the state, they special force would leave.
The federal government would only deal with Law regulations, Foreign policies, Military, Navy, Air-force for international treats coming to the country etc.
This would bring about massive constructions and development from all states, competition, regional partnership by individual states etc; solve the power crises, because each state would invest in their own power.
This will make us the strongest country in Africa. This is only possible if we are serious with ourselves and forget about the past. We cannot continue to dwell on the past. The wests are controlling our mind set without we knowing.

From Olasubomi

Political Idealism on Paper grin grin grin
Re: NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan by nairaman66(m): 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
With what I witnessed today, GEJ will reduce this fuel thing to N25 or we'll show him the door out of Wazobia Rock! becos, I still want to OCCUPY NIGERIA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

India, Nigeria's Biggest Consumer, Discovers Oil / We Have Began The Process Of Rescuing Chibok Girls: Lai Mohammed / Customs Puts Motor Duty Payment 'On Hold'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.