Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Visafone Wahala, Please Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Visafone Wahala, Please Help (3888 Views)

Need Software To Unlock Visafone Modem Zte Mg880 / Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help / My Nemesis(nss) On Windows 7 Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visafone Wahala, Please Help by charlso1(m): 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2012
I used Glo modem to browse but the speed is not encouraging, sometimes, you can't open a particular page in 10-15 minutes. But all the people i know browse with visafone modem and it is very nice.
I dont have money to buy visafone modem. Can i use my Glo modem with visafone sim in it for browsing? Please how can i set it up? I have unlocked my glo modem. Can somebody help me out
Re: Visafone Wahala, Please Help by femi4: 6:28am On Jan 09, 2012
You cant do that cos visafone is CDMA. Your unlocked glo modem can only work with any of the ffg sims:
mtn/etisalat/airtel
Re: Visafone Wahala, Please Help by bigfat01: 12:48pm On Apr 20, 2012
any update on visafone ?i want to purchase what network like...location ebute metta...
Re: Visafone Wahala, Please Help by chazzyx: 11:37pm On Sep 18, 2012
If you have any other working network around your location. Use them. Visafone service when it

do go down takes a minimum of a week to be rectified.

But the real downside with Visa is that ALL THEIR DEVICES HAVE AUTO-RENEWAL which steals any

remaining money in your device to renew your subscriptions without any input from you.

This feature is very effective in locking you into any data plan you started with. It fails to

be disabled even if you have done it many times. Their devices are like credit sniffers that is

only there to do the VISAFONE's MANAGEMENT BIDDING at the detriment of best corporate

practices. Visafone, WHAT INTEGRITY DO YOUR MANAGEMENT HAVE TO ALLOW THIS CORPORATE LOOTING of

customers credit balances. Let the customer spend his/her money himself. Don't help him do that

to your fraudulent advantage.

MY PREDICAMENT.

Visafone have two data plan models. 1X speed and EVDO. Their 1X offering is capped at 75 kbps

and monthly subscription starts at #3500! Nowadays, no webpage opens easily at this speed. The

only reason for it is Visafones predatory tactics on customers money.

The EVDO data tops out at 275 KBPS where I stay and starts at #3000 for 1.2gb per month.

The problem I have is that the visafone autorenewal feature has renewed my subscription to the

1X which I have struggled with in the past 30 days without my intervention. I had vowed never

to subscribe to the 1X again. As I cannot even read my mails with it takless of doing Google

searches with it. The 1x is only good for slow downloads only using a good download manager.

The visafone business model do not involve customer service. It has never worked for me. It may

have worked for some. Going to their office to ask for help have not yielded any result for me

except on one occasion where I was directed from their office in Opebi to Isaac John then also

to Saka Tinubu. You could see from the referrals that it was a whole day affair which I was

fortunate to conclude after a heated argument when I was told to come the next day to have my

problem fixed.

NAIJA.

Must we pass through the desert just to get our customer complaints attended to on a paying service?
Re: Visafone Wahala, Please Help by ezeuba(m): 7:34am On Sep 20, 2012
chazzyx: If you have any other working network around your location. Use them. Visafone service when it

do go down takes a minimum of a week to be rectified.

But the real downside with Visa is that ALL THEIR DEVICES HAVE AUTO-RENEWAL which steals any

remaining money in your device to renew your subscriptions without any input from you.

This feature is very effective in locking you into any data plan you started with. It fails to

be disabled even if you have done it many times. Their devices are like credit sniffers that is

only there to do the VISAFONE's MANAGEMENT BIDDING at the detriment of best corporate

practices. Visafone, WHAT INTEGRITY DO YOUR MANAGEMENT HAVE TO ALLOW THIS CORPORATE LOOTING of

customers credit balances. Let the customer spend his/her money himself. Don't help him do that

to your fraudulent advantage.

MY PREDICAMENT.

Visafone have two data plan models. 1X speed and EVDO. Their 1X offering is capped at 75 kbps

and monthly subscription starts at #3500! Nowadays, no webpage opens easily at this speed. The

only reason for it is Visafones predatory tactics on customers money.

The EVDO data tops out at 275 KBPS where I stay and starts at #3000 for 1.2gb per month.

The problem I have is that the visafone autorenewal feature has renewed my subscription to the

1X which I have struggled with in the past 30 days without my intervention. I had vowed never

to subscribe to the 1X again. As I cannot even read my mails with it takless of doing Google

searches with it. The 1x is only good for slow downloads only using a good download manager.

The visafone business model do not involve customer service. It has never worked for me. It may

have worked for some. Going to their office to ask for help have not yielded any result for me

except on one occasion where I was directed from their office in Opebi to Isaac John then also

to Saka Tinubu. You could see from the referrals that it was a whole day affair which I was

fortunate to conclude after a heated argument when I was told to come the next day to have my

problem fixed.

NAIJA.

Must we pass through the desert just to get our customer complaints attended to on a paying service?

*444*603*yournumber# to disable any data plan once it has expired or bandwidth exhausted. Then you can hook up on another plan.
Re: Visafone Wahala, Please Help by tessyade: 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2012
Changing from glo to visafone MAY not solve the problem. From my experience, the network modems each have their uptime and downtime. It's glo today, visafone may begin it's own problem as soon as you get it. For me, glo remains one of the best (in my area anyway).
Re: Visafone Wahala, Please Help by chazzyx: 6:39am On Sep 21, 2012
Why did VISAFONE not set the dataplan to reset by default? It is surely because of their greed. Why is their device set to end your data bundle at expiry and do otherwise on the AUTO-RENEWAL. Crooked plan.

International Best practices stipulate that you must explicit issue the command to have money removed from your account or you sign a contract with the company to do this on your behalf. NOT BY SETTING DEVICES FRAUDULENTLY.

(1) (Reply)

Just Arrived Apple Macbook Pro 13" N100,000 / Best Laptop Deals At Affordable Prices,nationwide Delivery / Stop!!! Dont Throw It Away, All Old Gadgets Have A Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.