Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? (6886 Views)

Heavy Shooting At Buguma In Rivers State / Robbery, Shooting At Murtala-Muhammed International Airport In Lagos / Serious Shooting At Ikotun? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by Ogbo08: 8:22am On Jan 09, 2012
shame on our govt,  regrettably i think we should prepare 4 more. its obvious ds wudnt b as peaceful

@ShallyBerry ♥asanwa baby♥
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE?? WHAT'S WITH THE SHOOTINGS
https://twitter.com/ShallyBerry/status/156296976995069952

@omojuwa J Japheth-Omojuwa
The police is apparently shooting at people cc @TWEETORACLE , reports say so #occupyNigeria
https://twitter.com/omojuwa/status/156295988959649792

@Deb_Styles Debola Styles
My brother said they were being shot at,by police of Area G,Ogba,a guy named Abuga has bn hit, Cc @ogundamisi @BankyW @tonipayne @elrufai
https://twitter.com/Deb_Styles/status/156293512168607744
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by seunlayi(m): 9:04am On Jan 09, 2012
have you ever been to the warfront during or after the war? Then, you will never wish the situation goes out of hand.

1 Like

Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by PapaBrowne(m): 9:38am On Jan 09, 2012
Nonsense!!
Which protester has been killed??

This Government is actually lenient! One protester was killed by a trigger happy police in Ilorin!! The Government did not sanction the killing!!

Why are U playing the victim!! Nobody has even been beaten not to talk of killed!! If you want to be killed please U can ask Boko Haram to pay a visit!!
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by Jeel: 9:58am On Jan 09, 2012
If u hate ur life go and protest
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by iykak47: 10:00am On Jan 09, 2012
Jeel:

If u hate your life go and protest
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by Basics007: 10:04am On Jan 09, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Nonsense!!

This Government is actually lenient! One protester was killed by a trigger happy police in Ilorin!! The Government did not sanction the killing!!

Why are U playing the victim!! Nobody has even been beaten not to talk of killed!! If you want to be killed please U can ask Boko Haram to pay a visit!!

you cant be serious with what you just wrote. Nobody has been beaten yet? Tell that to the 40+ people who were mauled with iron bars by plain clothes policeman overnight at Eagle square. And you talkin about lenient govt? And what if they are not lenient,may be they should throw grenades into the crowd. Fool
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 09, 2012
Basics007:

you cant be serious with what you just wrote. Nobody has been beaten yet? Tell that to the 40+ people who were mauled with iron bars by plain clothes policeman overnight at Eagle square. And you talkin about lenient govt? And what if they are not lenient,may be they should throw grenades into the crowd. Fool
If you feel like dying, go and protest nah. I dont know how many cars you fuel that you wasting your time.
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by MissyB3(f): 10:10am On Jan 09, 2012
Jeel:

Chicken!
You'd rather remain in your bedroom and grumble while others walk the walk.
Thank God Nigerians have finally woken up and decided to take the bull by the horns.
As one of the protesters said '' We nor wan die, we nor wan die, na so Naija take deh sink''.

Make we kuku die na. We will get what we want or die trying.
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 09, 2012
Missy_B:

Chicken!
You'd rather remain in your bedroom and grumble while others walk the walk.
Thank God Nigerians have finally woken up and decided to take the bull by the horns.
As one the protesters said '' We nor wan die, we nor wan die, na so Naija take deh sink''.

Make we kuku die na. We will get what we want or die trying.
Why are you upset ? Some of us chose to protest with a glass of vodka, a DSTV remote and a beautiful model on bed, I no send una o
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by member479760: 10:25am On Jan 09, 2012
This is your so called president from the south killing you now openly.

Yes, they rule us for 40 years but they never kill us openly like animals before!

Your same southern president you hope on for development is the one raping you day light - foolish tribalist - is BEJ putting food on you table now? is he creating job for you? is your standard of living improve since the past 2 years? Did you have any hope?
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by kizito96(m): 10:30am On Jan 09, 2012
Government will not give in easily
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by Keegan: 10:34am On Jan 09, 2012
babel, oh babel! begining of the end.
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by OmoPastor(m): 10:36am On Jan 09, 2012
I think these protests have political undertone. what is the occupy rubbish about? jobless entities. on the other hand, GEJ should talk with facts n figures not a blanket talk. also the north have a good reason to now make governance hard for GEJ. i think dialogue will work instead of protests.
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by Finland(m): 10:37am On Jan 09, 2012
LeoMax:

Why are you upset ? Some of us chose to protest with a glass of vodka, a DSTV remote and a beautiful model on bed, I no send una o
Ediot!!
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by Finland(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2012
OmoPastor:

I think these protests have political undertone. what is the occupy rubbish about? jobless entities. on the other hand, GEJ should talk with facts n figures not a blanket talk. also the north have a good reason to now make governance hard for GEJ. i think dialogue will work instead of protests.
What planet are you from? Planet of the apes? Always think before you post. mumu
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by shirleyz: 10:51am On Jan 09, 2012
‎​abeg papabrowne mk we hear word. Insensitve person.
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by Finland(m): 10:51am On Jan 09, 2012
I really don't know how this government want people to survive when already people are spending like 40% of their salary on transportation. Now with the subsidy gone they will spend 80% of their salary. that's too hostile, if they could take 80% off their own allowances then government and people will be on the same page.then we are going somewhere
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by victorian(f): 10:53am On Jan 09, 2012
There is total chaos in Ikorodu road and police men are firing tear gas to protesters, which are making the protesters very angry. Men! this is huge. guys dey vex O! I bet Jonathan will be regreting the move he made. it shows him , and some people in the govt have lost touch of reality. And come to think of it, will Nigeria now divide and be destroyed during Jonathan's regime? ., what a stigma and shame on his name.  He is really dumb to have listened to people that advised to remove subsidy on fuel. How insensitive can he be to the suffering of Nigerians, especially the youths that have derailed from their dreams and aspirations with no hope in sight due to continuous bad governance and now he wants to be labelled as the President that finally ruined this country.
May God help us!
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by victorazy(m): 10:54am On Jan 09, 2012
Let us continue to sing the "Earth Song by Michael Jackson sang about Nig" to Jonathan and I know he will remember his promises and come back to his senses as a gud man he used to be,

What about sunrise
What about rain
What about all the things
That you said we were to gain (Fresh Air)?,
What about killing fields (Boko Haram)
Is there a time
What about all the things
That you said was yours and mine (Oil),
Did you ever stop to notice
All the blood we've shed before (Biafran War)
The crying Earth the weeping shores?

Ffffrrrrreeeeesssshhhh. Aaaaiiiiirrrr
"Repeat chorus and start crying"

What have we done to u GEJ?
Look what we've done (we voted for u)
What about all the peace
That you pledge your only son (citizens),
What about flowering fields (Niger Delta)
Is there a time
What about all the dreams
That you said was yours and mine,
All the children dead from war
The crying Earth the weeping shores

Ffffrrrrreeeeesssshhhh. Aaaaiiiiirrrr
"Repeat chorus and continue crying"
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by bassette(m): 10:55am On Jan 09, 2012
This person calling for dialogue must be very funny.How many dialogues u called 4 been staged n how many has yielded results as far as u knw oga dialogue?why r most nigerians like this.
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by emmatok(m): 11:01am On Jan 09, 2012
OmoPastor:

Just STFU,

SAVE NIGERIA GROUP, should have allowed your GEJ rot in the hands of Yaradua's wife, then you will know the importance of protest.
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by hisperform(m): 11:04am On Jan 09, 2012
The ground never get tried of swallowing the dead. By the end of today, we'll know how many it has eaten up because of NLC/TUC
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 09, 2012
Victorazy ur da Bomb! Nice 1
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 09, 2012
All young guys on my streets came out en mass to the public road and were all playing football

Once in a life time oportunity to stretch their legs, meet with themselves and talk about common topics on football and off course the recent subsidy removal saga

Cars of police men, military men and other law enforcement agents passed through the main roads where the guys are playing football and did not do anything.

They even showed some sort of solidarity towards us but warned us not to block the roads with tyres

I dont think these police are not affected in this present fuel subsidy removal cos let's be sincere, they will also be affected. They have children whose school fees will likely be doubled if not trippled, cost of living will surge up fast like EURUSD. They are also affected.

However protesters should be careful when demostrating so that the bad eggs among them will not promote violence which could make the police want to consider the retaliatory option

ALUTA CONTINUA
Hope you guys are making some money cos i am here with my laptop.
Honestly the most profitable venture these days for guys na forex trading.
Just stay indoor and make as much money as you want while you stroll around to see what is going on around
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by freecocoa(f): 11:15am On Jan 09, 2012
OmoPastor:

Look this useless BOZO,mumu go and sleep inside gutter.

LeoMax:

If you feel like dying, go and protest nah. I dont know how many cars you fuel that you wasting your time.
LeoMax:

Broke ass gay talking like the Hediot you are.anumanu.
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by Gbawe: 11:17am On Jan 09, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Nonsense!!

Oga, wetin now? "Spin and spell" now being replaced by frustration? Oga , this is the beauty of life. Eppty barrels will always be exposed in the end despite "spinning and spelling". Saying this "Government is actually lenient" just shows your innate despotism. Protesting is the right of Nigerians in a democracy because they are the employers of Government. I don't know how "leniency" comes into this.
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by Jjamah(m): 11:22am On Jan 09, 2012
Yur
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by humblebee: 11:24am On Jan 09, 2012
Jeel:

u're a dolt with a foolish mind, i pray you live long to see how your children will fight again
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by victorazy(m): 11:29am On Jan 09, 2012
@parisienne:
Thank u my dear. I was wondering why oyinbo mentioned d name of Nig in Avatar film cuz dey knew Nig is gonna be a oil war zone in future and they came to rescue us. It has be-gone. Gej should have started d subsidy right there in his office than imposing hardship only on the masses alone. This is a nice move but is on the wrong time and only foolish leader can do this, I tut leaders are supposed to be d wise one.
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by mroluway: 11:34am On Jan 09, 2012
I just had on Radio ( 107.5 fm) that a Protester has been Killed at Agege. People living at Agege. Please what is happening there?
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by bassette(m): 11:46am On Jan 09, 2012
It is confirmed, a protester shot dead by NPF in ogba
Re: Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? by ceejayluv(m): 11:48am On Jan 09, 2012
Dont d police have enough rubber bullets to go round? Why using live bullets?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Kind Of Handshake Is Godwin Obaseki Giving On This Photo / Senate Probes Scarcity Of Lower Naira Denominations / Pictures Don't Lie, Tell Me What You Think Of Buhari After Seeing This Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.