Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? (10727 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Pro-biafra Protesters Shot Yesterday In Aba, Abia State / Disturbing Story Of Biafran Women Protesters Shot At Awka / Protesters Shot At By Rapid Response Squad In Ogba, 1 Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by ziccoit: 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2012
justwise:

Of course i disagree with you, Boko Haram started the killings before the police reacted, you are just giving excuses for Boko Haram.

That said. My question is: Why did we not organise protest against Boko Haram as they went ahead killing both Christains and Muslims?

They started killing before the fuel subsidy issue started, why did it take Nigerians this short time to organise the protest and ignore Boko Haram atrocities?

I said it is complicated because I know you may not understand. BH was established in 2001/02 . It started the violence activities in 2009 that peaks in 2011. Police tipped them into becoming what we know them for today. Now it has become a political weapon in the hands of PDP politicians.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by justwise(m): 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2012
norrisman:

Armed robbery affects everyone directly or indirectly - why have you not organised your family to protest?
Bad roads affect everyone directly or indirectly - why have you not organised your family to protest?
Highy Infant mortality affects everyone directly or indirectly - why have you not organised your family to protest?

An issue has to evoke enough feelings in a sizeable number of people in a geographical location to result in widespread protests! duh

You are just a waste of space, so the killing of more than 20 church worshippers, thousands of ordinary Nigerians in the north is not enough to evoke public feelings? But when it comes to money many of you felt that Nigeria need to be saved from GoodLuck Jonathan? What is the value of life?
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by muhsin(m): 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
May Allah have mercy on the lost souls, and may He punish the killers. May He as well assist our dear country, Nigeria and free us from the bondage of PDP and its oligarchs, amin.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by studyineu: 1:59pm On Jan 09, 2012
Kill them all they are members of Boko Haram
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by justwise(m): 2:00pm On Jan 09, 2012
ziccoit:

I said it is complicated because I know you may not understand. BH was established in 2001/02 . It started the violence activities in 2009 that peaks in 2011. Police tipped them into becoming what we know them for today. Now it has become a political weapon in the hands of PDP politicians.

Police did NOT tip them to become what they are today, Boko Haram was established to become mass-killers, their mission is to turn Nigeria to a muslim country and get rid of western education, so don't give me that police story line because its just nonsense.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by Toks2008(m): 2:01pm On Jan 09, 2012
This matter tire me o.

Goodluck says he swore to act in the people's interest  and now the majority says no to subsidy removal then why remain adarmant?

REvert to N65 and forget infrastructure if this will be the resultant effect. Abi another hidden agenda dey?
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by justwise(m): 2:01pm On Jan 09, 2012
muhsin:

May Allah have mercy on the lost souls, and may He punish the killers. May He as well assist our dear country, Nigeria and[b] free us from the bondage of PDP and its oligarchs, amin.
[/b]

Also free us from Boko Haram and their supporters.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by tboy11(m): 2:04pm On Jan 09, 2012
Whats wrong with this police self must they shoot cant they arrest of beat any protesters who tries to be violent. If na armed robber them go run na wa o
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by tboy11(m): 2:07pm On Jan 09, 2012
Toks2008:

This matter tire me o.

Goodluck says he swore to act in the people's interest  and now the majority says no to subsidy removal then why remain adarmant?

REvert to N65 and forget infrastructure if this will be the resultant effect. Abi another hidden agenda dey?
e tire me o
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by studyineu: 2:08pm On Jan 09, 2012
Is the northners that are saying NO. Why No to fuel subsidy and YES to boko haram
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by ziccoit: 2:20pm On Jan 09, 2012
justwise:

Police did NOT tip them to become what they are today, Boko Haram was established to become mass-killers, their mission was to turn Nigerians to a muslim country and get rid of western education, so don't give me that police story line because its just nonsense.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by lekerenike: 2:21pm On Jan 09, 2012
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by LEXYLOV: 2:24pm On Jan 09, 2012
kills unharmed civilians.  government + boko haram = the same.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by ziccoit: 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2012
justwise:

Police did NOT tip them to become what they are today, Boko Haram was established to become mass-killers, their mission was to turn Nigerians to a muslim country and get rid of western education, so don't give me that police story line because its just nonsense.

With this comment of yours, I rest my case. Have a nice ride on the trip of ignorance. No wonder you support a corrupt and directionless government policy of subsidy removal so that there would be more to misappropriate and embezzle. Just try to be wise for once.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by studyineu: 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2012
That's babaric, but what did they guy did that made them shot
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by justwise(m): 2:29pm On Jan 09, 2012
ziccoit:

With this comment of yours, I rest my case. Have a nice ride on the trip of ignorance. No wonder you support a corrupt and directionless government policy of subsidy removal so that there would be more to misappropriate and embezzle. Just try to be wise for once.

Just as you support mass killers, have a nasty rid to hell.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by slex(m): 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2012
if people wait for the Killer policemen to be tried,the wait will be probably in vain, if a Policeman or policemen kill a person or persons, they should be killed too. he who lives by the sword should die also by the sword. If they see robbers,terrorist and militants they run away, but when they see people who have no arms they kil them. So they should be killed too, reminds me of what happened in 2010 in my area, a cop shot a driver bcuz he refused to pay bribe ,angry youths gathered the cop while his men ran away,they stabbed him with broken bottles and cutlasses, he was bleeding terribly . that is how it should be done
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by ExInferis(m): 2:44pm On Jan 09, 2012
when the many members of boko haram and innocent civilians were being slain by the police and shown by Al Jazeera, no one protested and condemned the executions. the video is still circulating.

not one single southerner/christian said a peep. the gruesome murder of their leader also did not elicit a response from the christian community. when hundreds of muslims were targeted and killed by BH in Maiduguri and Yobe still not a word of condemnation from CAN.

why? because it was seen as a largely northern affair and to blazes with the sanctity of life.

now that the roving evil kills-squad is targeting christians CAN suddenly found its voice.

The Niger Delta militants who bombed and kidnapped nigeria almost to its knees were pardoned and given cash.

BH that was largely minding its business was harassed and persecuted by the police and then mercilessly annihilated.

double standards.

the same thing is happening in jos. when xtians kill muslims, christians say "serves them right, they shoiuld leave jos"

when muslims kill christians (especially igbos) then everyone says "ethnic cleansing. igbos are nigerians and can live anywhere".

unless we all agree that life, irrespective of religion and region, is sacred and must condemn ALL atrocities as our brothers keepers, then all hope is lost.

ON FUEL SUBSIDY.

it is naive to believe the lies that $7 billion a year will turn our fortunes around when $200 billion a year failed.

1. diesel subsidy has vanished

2. abacha loot has vanished

3. savings from debt cancellation has vanished

5. excess crude cash has vanished

6. multiple budgets have vanished

7. IMF/WB loans have vanished

8. PEF cash has vanished

9. why should we expect the $7 billion subsidy savings not to vanish?

a. if they cant maintain our existing refineries, how can they maintain the proposed new ones?

b. is the so-called cabal above the law? why not arrest them or checkmate their activities?

c. didnt the same "cabal" fund PDP elections?

d. isnt Dangote, who is doing the most economic harm to niegria and whose brother is part of the cabal, a recipient of the highest civilian honor?

e. why cant they cut costs? how can less than 10 people eat food worth almost 3 million a day, while 70% of the nation starves?

f.  the $7b subsidy funds are ours collectively. if the govt withdraws the funds, we still pay the same amount out of our pockets. how does that benefit us?

g. why spend almost a trillion on security when money isnt the problem and complain about a trillion elsewhere that actually serves nigerians?

h. why does patience need N5 billion for an illegitimate contraption when she has no legal status in the constitution beyond being a mere consort?

how did the subsidy come about? because by design the govt killed the refineries. the govt claims it cannot run the refineries, or NEPA, or the ports etc but its doing a remarkably good job running the presidency and NASS such that a substantial part of our budget ends up there.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by mukina2: 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2012
@bashahmad Bashir Ahmad
@elrufai @omojuwa @ged @occupynigeria @NaijaCyberHack @rosanwo pray for my brother he is now in hospital and I think he was died.
https://twitter.com/bashahmad/status/156361408437698560

@bashahmad Bashir Ahmad
@occupynigeria @NaijaCyberHack @rosanwo @ged @elrufai @omojuwa @ogundamisi my brother is no more I am ready to die too #occupynigeria
https://twitter.com/bashahmad/status/156369221889175552

sad
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by ziccoit: 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2012
GEJ is too corrupt to be trusted. The present system does not even help. What force or law would ensure GEJ is punished when he embezzled the subsidy proceeds ? He would just go unpunished just like he did mismanage our external reserves and excess crude account.
Every right thinking Nigerians should know subsidy removal is deceiving, attempt at accruing more to embezzle and a direct attack on the downtrodden Nigerian masses.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by ExInferis(m): 2:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
the whole thing started when the issue of N18,000 minimum wage came about. the state governors claim they cant pay that money unless fuel subsidy was removed. so they cooked up this story of a new garden of eden that would emerge from a mere 1.3 trillion naira where a budget of over 4 trillion failed consistently to bring about this change.

Ibori alone stole half the amount claimed as subsidy (450 billion naira, or $3 billion) and it took the UK to prosecute him.

if one governor can steal almost half a trillion and no one felt the pinch, how much have all the governors collectively stolen? $10 billion? $20 billion?

and how much are we wasting away daily from subsidizing the entire government structure which includes thousands of parasites,leeches, contractors, consultants, hangers-on, jobbers, praise singers, hatchet men, assassins, mistresses, bastards, prostitutes, homosexuals, car dealers, hotels, builders, etc?

recently Obama stood inline at a BEst Buy store and bought a $40 Nintendo Wii game for his kids using his personal credit card. meanwhile the top cats in govt get EVERYTHING for free: food, clothes, cars, planes, phones, internet, whores, little boys, vacations, houses, hotels, etc.

so lets start from there: sacrifice your guilty pleasures, fix the system to benefit the ordinary man, THEN we can talk subsidy removal.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by ExInferis(m): 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2012
okonjo iweala just lied that they can fix power with 195 billion NAIRA.

meanwhile over 20 billion DOLLARS have been spent so far and the situation is getting worse.

listening to her tell tales of splendor and grandeur from the subsidy withdrawal savings (a mere 7 billion dollars) you could swear we never had a budget. our yearly income is around 200 billion dollars. it has failed to achieve results. but now they tell us 7 billion dollars will achieve results.

200 billion =failure

7 billion =magic trick

lies and liars!

all things being equal, if the system maintains its present status quo, corruption will see to it that the 7 billion will disappear faster than you can blink. then they'll blame it on a new set of cabal. meanwhile, their fat salaries and allowances continue to flow in while you and i buy fuel at N500 per liter if the dollar keeps its astronomic rise.

i just remembered another wasteful binge called "rebranding nigeria" where billions disappeared and all that was left were t shirts and hats with slogans.

wake up, nigeria!
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2012
Can anyone name the victims of this state-sponsored execution in Kano?

We need to have a thread dedicated to all fallen members of the #Occupy Nigeria movement.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by 10Billion(m): 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2012
May their souls R I P. This is d price we have to pay by voting GEJ into power. God is watching.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by ExInferis(m): 3:30pm On Jan 09, 2012
yesterday at the emergency house of reps session:

Rep Yakubu Barde (PDP, Kaduna) was also booed when he opposed the motion, arguing: “Although my constituents are against subsidy removal I support it because Mr. President has said the country is broke.”

his constituents are against it. but he is for it. does that sound like representation of the people?

that is PDP for you!
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by humblebee: 4:43pm On Jan 09, 2012
Ex Inferis:

yesterday at the emergency house of reps session:

Rep Yakubu Barde (PDP, Kaduna) was also booed when he opposed the motion, arguing: “Although my constituents are against subsidy removal I support it because Mr. President has said the country is broke.”

his constituents are against it. but he is for it. does that sound like representation of the people?

that is PDP for you!

haba, please go through the 2012 budget and tell me Nigeria is broke.
over a billion naira for aso rock feeding alone in 1 year and Nigeria is broke.
office of the first lady renovating an office with billions of naira and Nigeria is broke.
so we are the only people that should sacrifice for their incompetence, , i dont believe this guy one bit and he's a joker, a dummy led by some greedy people
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by mamdanju: 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2012
The killing in Kano.

Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by Ralphjoe(m): 6:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
You all are just condemning the police without knowing what actually happened, am in kano and i know what happened first hand, how can protesters('yan dabba boys') as they are called in hausa, take their protest to the government house, after forcefully entering the government house, they met a fierce resistance from the police in there, two people were killed on the spot while the rest fled. What concerns the governor with fuel subsidy removal?
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by kheart(m): 6:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
One person was also shot dead by the police while playing football in lagos while in kaduna the protest was peaceful.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by umechuma: 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2012
mamdanju:

The killing in Kano.
Nice pic in Kano.
One terrorist killed,bravo to the police,good job!!
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by umechuma: 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2012
eGuerrilla:

Can anyone name the victims of this state-sponsored execution in Kano?

We need to have a thread dedicated to all fallen members of the #Occupy Nigeria movement.

Hypocrite.When will u have thread dedicated to those killed by your Boko Haram members and supporters
Today is the first phase of killing of terrorist by tomorrow 100 terrorist will be in hell.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by chidikus: 7:01pm On Jan 09, 2012

• Youths of today are the futures of 2mrw,why all this cry about fuel subsidy some times I laugh,If labour is striking GEJ prosecute all our corrupt officials,that we will strike till Nigeria is purged of corruption then I will say they have a case,guys without de-regulation guys how will there be competition,infact a job boom is coming in Nigeria very soon,might no be immediate but in two three years time.
We got to cut our coats according to our size,im using a V8 Car,guys the car is ups for sale ,gonna go for a smaller v4 jap car,if the subsidy stays its just a matter of months evry thing will find its level just as GARRI dey find its level when water is poured,bus fares were high but gradually coming down,Infact it’s the stupid LUXURIOUS bus owners that should be cautioned cos they have no reason for increasing fares cos subsidy on diesel has been removed a long time ago.

My fellow Nigerians it’s a painful New year gift from GEJ thou the timing ver wrong,cos I saw a guy selleing a BB Bold just 20k in ekene park enugu just to go back to his base in lagos,I felt for the guy,v to stop him,lend him 20k and took the BB til he receives his salary.

Here in lagos as of now two youths are dead and how many will die before we know that this is a useless protest,all that has been done is in good faith,Many will be used and I use this opportunity and ask those protesting where are the two heads of NLC&TUC,hiding funny,can they take the bullets,where are their children,let them come out and lead the protest,its only a coward that calls for war and go behind,

When we protest lets our protest be meaningful and not just some bunch of urchins on the street causing havoc,have you evr seen where a doctor wants to treat a patient and the patient says no that he wants to die,yeah that z what GEJ is doing for us ,not for us our children,our children children,Nigeria is dying and GEJ is the doctor and he wants to bring us back to life and some people are saying NOOOOOOOO,wellits not a choice ,buts it’s a must,buying fuel at 65naira and our roads are decaying or at 140 and our roads are motorable.

PLEASE IF NOT FOR OKONJO IWEALA I WILL NOT BELIEVE THE PDP GOVT NOR ALLISON MADUEKE THAT DOESN’T KNOW HER PORTFLIO,BUT FOR MY BLACK HERITAGE OKONJO IWEALA,WE NEED TO BELIEVE IN HER ,SHE IS A NO NONSENSE WOMAN,WETHER IMF OR UN SENTS HER HER MISSION IS TO SAVE NIGERIA,MADAM THEY MIGHT CALL U ALL KINDS OF NAMES BUT IN THREE YEARS TIME YOUR LEGACY WILL BE ON THE STONES OF GOLD.
Nigerians in the future always know that the grt Nigeria was transformed by SAnusi,okojo iweala,GEJ,very soon all of us will be thriving in the NEW NIGERIA.
Youths ,my children be careful,God love us all,may the souls of the departed rest in peace Amen.
2012 A NEW NIGERIA ,24HRS LIGHT,GOOD ROADS,RAIL SYSTEM,GOOD HOSPITALS,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Reconciliation: Tinubu Meets Taraba State APC Factions (Photos) / Special Assistant On Fulani Affairs In Kwara State Appointed By Governor Ahmed / Wike, PDP Governors, Stakeholders Resolve To Remain In Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.