Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election (3281 Views)

Court Dismisses Udom Emmanuel’s Appeal, Voids Poll In 18 LGAs / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Idekeson(m): 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2006
Kudos to Obi. He won a free and fair "selection".
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Missworld(f): 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2006
I'm simply gonna work so hard to get my people out of that mess!
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by demmy(m): 5:09pm On Mar 17, 2006
I'm simply going to work so hard to get my people out of that mess!

Is Chris Uba not one of your people causing that mess?

Hey boys,
I feel this editorial is a sound analysis of the situation. It was written by Reuben Abati of the Guardian.

Where did Abati get off throwing encomiums on Ngige? So he accepted the court's ruling. big deal. The point is he partook in rigging election. In rational society he would be heading to jail as we speak, he and his collaborators. Nonsense. When he, Uba, Obasanjo and others were deliberating how to rig the 2003 elections how many of you were there? Were you invited? Why are you now arbitrating their differences? Good riddance I say. The more PDP shoot itself on the leg the better for democracy. JUSTICE is done.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Missworld(f): 5:35pm On Mar 17, 2006
demmy:

Hey I am not one of those that catergorize people. I'm saying in general. Igbo ooo, Hausa ooo, yoruba, all of them are corrupt. The whole Nigerian gov is corrupt. It is a mess! The best gift for my people ( as in friends and well-wishers) is to get them out of that hot mess!
@demmy, u said that "justice is done". It's simply a selfish and ignorant comment. In fact I'm out of words for u. Carry on!
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Idekeson(m): 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2006
demmy:

Adedibu, Mantu et al. nko
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by demmy(m): 8:41pm On Mar 17, 2006
Missworld:

Hey I am not one of those that catergorize people. I'm saying in general. Igbo ooo, Hausa ooo, yoruba, all of them are corrupt. The whole Nigerian gov is corrupt. It is a mess! The best gift for my people ( as in friends and well-wishers) is to get them out of that hot mess!

Its good that you recognized they are all corrupt and I'm happy you were not refering to Igbos. But I'm pissed at some people trying to make Ngige out like he is some choir boy. He's not an innocent by stander lets get that straight.

Missworld:
@demmy, u said that "justice is done". It's simply a selfish and ignorant comment. In fact I'm out of words for u. Carry on!

There was nothing ignorant there my sister and definitely not selfish. For Peter Obi I meant justice was done. That election was rigged. Everybody knew that. The election tribunal had made the same ruling since last year but Ngige appealed that decision and stayed longer than necessary when he knew he was not supposed to be governor in the first place. So yes justice was done.

Idekeson:

Adedibu, Mantu et al. nko

Mantu is on his way to be impeached and Adedibu will go back irrelevancy come 2007 as he was in 1999 before Ladoja exhumed him back to prominence.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by jessica20(f): 10:58am On Mar 18, 2006
yes we are know that election in anambra state was rigged but why has it taken them time to find out that it was rigged and who on earth will stand boldly and say that other people's state election was won by free and fair election,anyway all i found out from these whole thing was that ngige was not in term with OBJ(OBASANJO) cos the whole conclusion was based on OBJ plans

But Ladies and gentlelman, there is money in these governing of a thing grin otherwise why must peter Obi agree to rule again whereas he knows that they will soon go out of office aginst next election,
nigerian are all corrupt starting from the head till the last person,there is nothing like justice,it was plan action of OBJ
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by DESENATOR3: 1:18pm On Mar 18, 2006
Thesame system(SEVERE ACUTE RIGGING SYNDROME- SARS) which bought OBJ in 2003 and was justified by the electoral tribunal set up by baba iyabo yet Gov. Ngige could not scale through. wht's good for the goose is also good the gander
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by obong(m): 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2006
what im most happy about is ngige left, following the court's order. something obj needs to learn to do
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Odeku(m): 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2006
I'm Not from Anambra and I don't know the full details to this story, but the questing I kept asking is why did it take so long to impeached this Ngigi boy?  and if he had any pride why did he aassumethe post if iindeedhe knew he never won the election.  so all this boys have skeleton in their cupboard regardless if he did a good job or not, he is and was still shshady
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by obong(m): 2:34pm On Mar 18, 2006
so is it true Obi will be gov till 2010?
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Odeku(m): 3:07pm On Mar 18, 2006
NOPE there is election next year, and all will be reelected i think
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by obong(m): 3:18pm On Mar 18, 2006
http://odili.net/news/source/2006/mar/17/617.html

Obi's tenure will end in 2010, says Nnoruka

By Anene Ugoani (Enugu) and Rita Smith (Lagos)

Anambra State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Udechuwku Nnoruka (SAN), has said the implication of the judgment of the Court of Appeal is that Peter Obi's tenure will not end in 2007 but in 2010.

advertisement
Nnoruka made the assertion while fielding questions from reporters at the premises of the Court of Appeal in Enugu shortly after the presiding judge, Justice Rabiu Mohammed, in the lead judgment, declared Obi the duly elected governor in the 2003 general elections.

Under the 1999 Constitution, he said, a governor's tenure is calculated from the date he took the oath of office.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Missworld(f): 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2006
@demmy, impeach, impeach, impeach! those people that brought Ngige to the so called justice needs to be impeached. They all have skeleton in their cupboards. Once again, where is the justice?
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by toshmann(m): 1:02pm On Mar 19, 2006
@mazi,
good that missworld has made it clear to u that we need people that reason.so u are out.
for people who reason ,the winner in this event is not obi,the looser is not ngige,now we know the kind of inec that operates our elections.inec defended the elction in prior tribunals and turned around "like a prostitute"to ask for it to be cancelled in the appeal court.
this same inec will conduct 2007 elections.that is a great problem.it is a world record for inec to be on different sides of a legal battle at different levels of litigation.
that is where inec stinks.
that is where we got it wrong.
for where nigeria stinks,i'll leave that for another thread. angry
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by toshmann(m): 1:07pm On Mar 19, 2006
ngige had a choice to make.either he danced to the tune of the masters and rip anambra of all their money or he stands the mafia for the sake of anambra.if he accepted Uba's proposal and gave away anambra's wealth,joined the 3rd term fools, worshipped the president etc he would have been governor today.we wont have known what happens to our money.

but he chose to fight the mafia.he knew they were brutal,he fought them still.he knew there was a price to pay for that choice.when the time came he paid the price without regrets.

he choose to do the right thing, not the easy thing, for the sake of anambra state.
that is what patriots do,that is what he did

that is why he is a hero.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by twinstaiye(m): 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2006
Well said toshmann, well said, I am closed to tears. cry
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by ono(m): 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2006
Nothing else could better describe Ngige like toshmann did. You're dammed right man!!
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by demmy(m): 5:52pm On Mar 20, 2006
toshmann: ngige had a choice to make.either he danced to the tune of the masters and rip anambra of all their money or he stands the mafia for the sake of anambra.if he accepted Uba's proposal and gave away anambra's wealth,joined the 3rd term fools, worshipped the president etc he would have been governor today.we wont have known what happens to our money.

but he chose to fight the mafia.he knew they were brutal,he fought them still.he knew there was a price to pay for that choice.when the time came he paid the price without regrets.

he choose to do the right thing, not the easy thing, for the sake of anambra state.
that is what patriots do,that is what he did

that is why he is a hero.

So Ngige didn't know that Uba & co. were mafia when he was collaborating with them heh? How about when they rigged the election for his benefit, did he realised that they were mafia then? Or how about when the election tribunal last year ruled that he had stolen someone else's mandate did he backed down then?

Face it Ngige isn't any more moral than the rest of them idiots. He was among them till he was abandoned so he had no choice but to play populist politics. And you call him patriot? Where is that so called patriot now? , London.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by toshmann(m): 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2006
@ demmy,
b4 moses was used bt God to save israel from egypt(for christains who believe the bible pls)he had to be brought up IN THE HOUSE OF PHAROAH. b4 Jesus saved the earth he had to be born AS A MAN ON EARTH. B4 APATHIED COULD GO DOWN IN SOUTH AFRICA f.w de klerk,a white man, had to make changes in the official policy of south africa.b4 power in nigeria could come down south, ibb-A NORTHERNER and other northerners like rimi et al had to come out for a southerner.

that is life my dear, sometimes the best way to fight an establishment is from within the establishment. Ngige penetrated the establishment and fought it to a great extent.

obviously he did not know how bad they were until after the election when they made monumental demands from anambra coffers with grave consequences for the people of anambra. thus he backed off ASAP and the war began.

as to why he is in london.i think we all know why.the establishment is still around and he has no security now. he has fought the fight and he needs some rest and security. by the way,what do u want him to do now?
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by twinstaiye(m): 9:59am On Mar 21, 2006
Well said again toshmann, well said, I couldnt put it better than the way you did.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by toshmann(m): 6:33pm On Mar 21, 2006
twinstaiye:

Well said again toshmann, well said, I couldnt put it better than the way you did.

thanx buddy. sad

the problem we have in this country is that we all know the truth and yet some people pretend otherwise. i believe every interested adult in this country knows who the real villains in the anambra crises are. it is unfortunate this kind of theng happens in this 21st century.

really sad sad
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by Missworld(f): 7:42pm On Mar 30, 2006
Well, I apologize for my selfishness but why will I sit here and worry about Ngige and Obi when I have a better post as Miss IBB.
Just vote for IBB and the situation will change forever and for good I will single handedly select and place my governors, and hey that's no corruption it's making the best choices for out great nation. I doubt I will pick Obi. cool
Re: Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election by toshmann(m): 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
democracy naija style
dem all crazy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oyo Workers Reject N9,400 Minimum Wage / Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk / Taraba State Governor Dies In Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.