Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,635 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Physics Vs Mechanical Engineering - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Physics Vs Mechanical Engineering (4017 Views)

Mathematics/stastistics Vs Mechanical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering Software / Chemical Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering (2) (3) (4)

Physics Vs Mechanical Engineering by Dstar4u(m): 7:07am On Jan 10, 2012
A friend of mine doesn't know which one to study in school, although he has a great passion for physics better than mechanical engineering but he is thinking that there will be a well paid job for mech. engr than physicist, and his dream is to study m.sc nd phd in physics in abroad and finally become a professor but due to his family financial problem bcoz all his family put their hope on him, nd to graduate and bring money home. So, his financial problem wants to chase him away from pursuing his dream. That is why i call on nairalanders genius to advice him on this. Tanx
Re: Physics Vs Mechanical Engineering by yamakuza: 8:21am On Jan 10, 2012
Let him go for Mech Engr.

He'll jam enough Physics along the way to keep him happy.

[s]Its not like we r comparing Physics and Medicine or Economics.[/s]
Re: Physics Vs Mechanical Engineering by kariolality: 11:48am On Jan 11, 2012
M.A will be better
Re: Physics Vs Mechanical Engineering by yamakuza: 11:54am On Jan 11, 2012
^ What is M.A?
Re: Physics Vs Mechanical Engineering by jaybee3(m): 11:58am On Jan 11, 2012
Physics >> BSc
Mechanical Engineering >> MSc
You can't argue with the above credentials on ya CV
Re: Physics Vs Mechanical Engineering by kariolality: 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2012
I'm sorry, i wanted to write M.E (mechanical engineering)
Re: Physics Vs Mechanical Engineering by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2012
BSc : Physics
MSc : Advanced Mechanical Engineering
Re: Physics Vs Mechanical Engineering by yamakuza: 6:35pm On Jan 15, 2012
^ Why not:

BSc : Elect. Engrg
MSc : Advanced Mechanical Engineering

?
Re: Physics Vs Mechanical Engineering by Dstar4u(m): 11:23pm On Jun 20, 2012
can someone goes for msc in mech. engrg afta bsc in engineering physics. Pls i nid ur response, am sori 4 being silent since
Re: Physics Vs Mechanical Engineering by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2012
Dstar4u: can someone goes for msc in mech. engrg afta bsc in engineering physics. Pls i nid ur response, am sori 4 being silent since
In Nigeria, it's not possible. You will need to do a PGD in mech engr'g before going for MSc in Mech Engr'g. I believe it's very possible in US and other foreign countries.
But like yamakuza said, why not go for mech engr'g? You will meet enough physics that will keep you more than satisfied because mech engr'g involves the application of physics. In Nigeria of today, I won't advise you to go for a non-professional course like physics except you want to go into research.

Re: Physics Vs Mechanical Engineering by Dstar4u(m): 8:44am On Jun 23, 2012
x-fire:

In Nigeria, it's not possible. You will need to do a PGD in mech engr'g before going for MSc in Mech Engr'g. I believe it's very possible in US and other foreign countries.
But like yamakuza said, why not go for mech engr'g? You will meet enough physics that will keep you more than satisfied because mech engr'g involves the application of physics. In Nigeria of today, I won't advise you to go for a non-professional course like physics except you want to go into research.
Research is good but i dnt think research pays well in Nigeria. Thanks
Re: Physics Vs Mechanical Engineering by Jusome: 6:56am On Sep 01, 2012
2 al of u who r advicing study mechnical Engineern mechnical Engeering let me tel all of u based on wht he has spoken...he should study any1 he z offered admisn in nigeria although mech eng. Is ok study of physics also hs it own advantage...geophysics, solid state physics, medical physics, plama physics, physics electronics, petrophysics, evrytn in life z oportunity if u mak a career out of dis branches of physics is finacial attractive u wil nt come acros dis if u study mech Eng. So both physics n mech Eng are ok any1 jor
Re: Physics Vs Mechanical Engineering by calculator123(m): 6:56pm On Jan 28, 2016

what about with bsc maths(pure).

After MSc: Ivy League MBA Or PhD In Nigeria? / Latest Oracle Sql And Oracle Admin 1 (oca) Dumps / Olokola Deep Seaport And Free Trade Zone